Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Transporting brick pavers

9,581 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by Sasappis
imanaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lowes has their Holland brick pavers on sale right now ($.33/ea). I need about three pallets by my estimation. How do I get three 1.5 ton pallets of pavers into my back yard?

If I have Lowes deliver them, do they just drop curbside, or will they set them down where I want?

My front yard/driveway is slightly inclined, if it makes a difference.
Dr. Doctor
AG
When I bought 4 pallets of "stuff" for a patio, they have a forklift thing that will be able to drop them mostly where you want them.

I had it dropped on the side of the drive way; had to wheel barrow carry the loads to the work site, but that was about 50' or so.

After a while (when I emptied 1 pallet), I moved the empty pallet to the backyard (in a dead spot of grass) and then moved most of the rest of the material. Probably would have moved it there originally, but we have a covered walkway that prevented the forklift from going under it.

The forklift thing is a piggy back forklift that holds onto the back end of the trailer. Delivery costs were about $60 flat.

~egon
imanaggie04
Any idea how wide their forklift is? I would probably need to remove a section of fence, but I think it would be worth it.
Aggietaco
AG
I think most require an 8' wide opening.

I made a section of my fence removeable when I was doing backyard work to back my truck into. Just happened to clear a piggybacking lift by about 1.5" on each side when I had 3 pallets of flag delivered.
piag94
AG
find a yard service in your neighborhood and get them to quote you a price.
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.