Buying a new golf bag

888 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by TecRecAg
bagger05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The leg broke off of the old Hoofer so need to replace it.

Most of the time I play I use a push cart. Still need it to be carry-able but not looking for the absolute lightest thing possible.

If anyone has any particularly strong feelings about a bag you love or hate I would appreciate recommendations. Going to Wild Spring Dunes tomorrow so going to have to get something off the rack at Golf Galaxy.
EMY92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's the only option to consider:

MikesFamousJava
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FWIW, here's the reccs for 2026 from My golf Spy:

https://mygolfspy.com/buyers-guides/golf-bags/best-golf-stand-bags-of-2026/
G Martin 87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I needed a new bag that could be used for both carts and push carts a few months ago and went with this Kradul bag for $200 at Edwin Watts. Really nice quality for the price and easy to maneuver around.

https://kradul.com/products/earth-sealed-cart-bag-blue-jay
Peter Piper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You're going to be limited by what your specific Golf Galaxy carries in-store so some of the recommendations might not apply.

They'll probably only have the big brands like Taylormade and Callaway. They own the MaxFli brand so they'll have those bags, too.

Probably all made by the same factory in China.
Peter Piper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you have a Costco nearby, I would get the Pebble Beach bag. They're made by Sun Mountain.

Bonus is if it breaks, you can return it any time.
DargelSkout
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've had a Bag Boy brand for a few years now, it has held up well.
AgOutsideAustin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sun Mountain
Matsui
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I love my Ghost bag.
Peter Piper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've had my Ogio cart bag for 15+ years. Unless it gets damaged or destroyed, I see no reason to get a new bag.
Danny Vermin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The only answer is to get a bag of your Alma mater which would be Texas A&M. Always good conversation starters when playing with randoms.
#FJB
Marauder Blue 6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ping Hoofer
bagger05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty good selection at GG. Several looked pretty good but ended up with another Hoofer.

The Ping that was nicer than the Hoofer with the fake leathery looking stuff was nice but not for another $120. I didn't like that the rain cover was big, bulky and heavy. Edge to the Hoofer for the lightweight integrated rain cover (that is attached to the bag so I can't forget it or lose it).

The Ghost Anyday was also very nice but a little too heavy. I do enough carrying that I think I'd get annoyed by the extra weight. Also the same story on the rain cover. I did really like the 7-way divider with the putter well. Almost was enough to get me to buy it. Price was a factor here too.

The Hoofer was a good companion for years. Good pocket configurations. Good bag and good value for the price.
muleshoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Second for Ghost.
jbp7hl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sun Mountain Matchplay and Matchplay Ballistic.

Material. Design. Look. Minimal branding which I appreciate.

Comes in a 4 way and 14 way. I went with 14 way ballistic nylon version. Not too big not too small, light enough to walk but still straps in a cart well. I also bought the single strap attachment.

Truly next level bag, comparable to Vessel/Ghost/Jones style bags. Sun Mountain hit a dinger with this one. I bought 3 so I could choose what color I wanted. I couldn't find one B&M to look at.
Sold one have two left. I'm going to keep
one of the two.






Enrico Pallazzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As a pushcart guy, I love this Callaway Fairway 14. Similar weight as the Hoofer (6 vs 5.5), the dividers are great, plenty of pockets, and on sale for $199. And I think the best feature is how the legs are configured. They can be velcro-strapped down when on a cart/pushcart and they connect several inches short of the top and above the bottom, so they don't interfere when strapping it into a pushcart. Makes it very stable and cart/pushcart friendly. I was a dedicated Hoofer user when carrying full time, but I've never been a big fan when using them on a cart/pushcart.

https://www.carlsgolfland.com/callaway-fairway-14-stand-bag-2024?product=261727&sty_de_label=stylitics-data-enrichment-test&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PMax%3A%20%28ROI%29%20Smart%20Shopping%20%7C%20Golf%20Bags&utm_id=18185666864&utm_content=&utm_term=&gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=17347267130&gbraid=0AAAAAD3Ez5zgQcGwq4TVuiDSwl455sfxY&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhanP0v-HlwMVjzfUAR11KTkoEAQYBSABEgIr-fD_BwE

boy09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
G Martin 87 said:

I needed a new bag that could be used for both carts and push carts a few months ago and went with this Kradul bag for $200 at Edwin Watts. Really nice quality for the price and easy to maneuver around.

https://kradul.com/products/earth-sealed-cart-bag-blue-jay

I have the LUX stand bag. It's a great, simple bag. And a fair bit cheaper than the comparable Ghost/Vessel bags.
agracer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Peter Piper said:

I've had my Ogio cart bag for 15+ years. Unless it gets damaged or destroyed, I see no reason to get a new bag.

I've had an Ogio stand back for 8 years and it's still going strong. It was marked down at Scheels from $299 to $169, but when I went to check out they applied the weekend sale to it as well so I got it for 25% off that price too!
TecRecAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I love my Vessel.. that'd get my vote but they are expensive.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.