3 Woods...

2,822 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by 1990AG
TheDecadeSapling
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's the ball doing with your 3 wood versus other clubs?
1990AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got it. Seems solid off the tee and low thin off the ground but I have only hit 25 balls or so with it.

Will report back

Also discovered that Ping tweaked the adapter slightly in the 440 so my evil plan for swapping shafts was killed
TheDecadeSapling
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hit a sub70 3 wood and I really like it. I hit it about 230. I'm probably a 8-10 handicap maybe? I've never really kept one. Anyways, I was gonna suggest just going and getting a quick lesson with whatever 3 wood you normally hit. If you're a 7, it's probably just a little tweak that's needed.
1990AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was hitting it 230 off the tee and 210 off the deck. Good flight off the tee and thin low off the deck. Think it is probably tempo and ball position which I can tweak when I get back to the range….I hope!
GoAgs92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sooper Jeenyus said:

GoAgs92 said:

However, at my old age, there is almost no par 5 I will ever reach in 2, so I have no real need to hit a 3W anymore.

Move up a box.

No.
1990AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1990AG said:

After extensive back and forth I settled on the G440 Max with Tour 2.0 65g in it. I already have the 5 wood with the 75g shaft in it, so I can play around there some. 30 days trial from 2nd swing, so costs me $15 to try it out and send it back if I don't like it.

If the budget play doesn't work out, I'm going GTS2 with the Ventus Red Velo next and throwing money to the wind!

65 is too whippy...got Pinged on my switch out idea as they changed the adapter slightly from the 425 to the 440....

Hit it well off the tee, so I think the next step is the Ventus Red in the 440 head

the trial continues....
Refresh
Page 2 of 2 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.