Club etiquette question

3,003 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by aggielifer79
Fdsa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ol army 92 said:

Well they no showed so the wife was happy. BUT 27 women known as the sisters booked the first 7 tee times. So it's taken an hour to play the first 4. Probably ending this one at the turn…
they probably read this thread and realized their mistake. 7 ladies groups to start off a Sat morning? Yikes….although the fastest 18 I ever walked (2:45) was with two ladies I got paired with.
Enrico Pallazzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ol army 92 said:

Well they no showed so the wife was happy. BUT 27 women known as the sisters booked the first 7 tee times. So it's taken an hour to play the first 4. Probably ending this one at the turn…


I'm going to respectfully withdraw my recommendation of this club
Ezra Brooks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Poot said:

ILikeTacos said:

Wtf, y'all don't tip your cart guys?!?!?

Ok I store my clubs at my club, but also they clean my clubs after every round. I have a $5 everytime I get done with a round. I also tip our valet guys.

What kind of peasant club do yall belong to?!?


At the time, being a cart boy at Kingwood literally meant just getting carts pulled, washed, and hooked up to the charger. Things may have changed… but that was the case in the late 90s.

If someone cleans my clubs, I'll tip them… though I usually tell them not to bother because they don't deserve it (the clubs, that is).

That's still pretty much what they're tasked with - along with range operations. They will take carts out to folks arriving in the parking lot if they aren't occupied with the primary duties.

I wouldn't say my son expects tips, and they've mostly only come when he's done something like tracking down a lost club or toating a member from Forest over to Main or something like that....like I said, he's only grabbed about $50 or so across the full year he's been there.

Summary - not common or expected but much appreciated when given.
aggielifer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.