Top Flite Ball Question

926 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by EliteElectric
snowaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know they don't have a reputation as a serious golfer's ball. I hit one today as a second drive after my primary (Titleist) shot. Both swings, contact and ball flight looked and felt 95% similar. Lo-and-behold, the Top Flite was 33 yards further down the fairway. 5 or 10 yards difference and I wouldn't have thought anything about it. But 33? Almost makes me think they make a "fun" ball that isn't regulation. Is that even a thing?
AggieDruggist89
AG
can you do a side by side test against Pinnacle and provide us with a full report? If pink ball is used I'll give you a star.
Icecream_Ag
S
Iirc top flite are great off the tee but suffer from lack of spin and feel around the greens. It has been a minute since I played one though
snowaggie
Icecream_Ag said:

Iirc top flite are great off the tee but suffer from lack of spin and feel around the greens. It has been a minute since I played one though
That would make sense in my case. I've been told my drives are quite 'spinny'. If a Top Flite doesn't spin well, works better for me. I have two 5-gallon buckets of junk balls...guess I'll need to sort some Top Flites out of those...
EliteElectric
There's a reason ProV1 is the #1 ball in golf and has been since it's inception.

Before that it was the Tour Prestige

Before that it was the Tour Balata

EliteElectric
A top flight and a rock in the bunker feel exactly the same to me.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.