*** 124th U.S. Open ***

54,038 Views | 722 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Bunk Moreland
CyclingAg82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MarylandAG said:

So...how many of you all are ordering Crushers gear? I admit...I like the logo.
I was until I saw the hat was $40......nah.
class of 03
Gross
Mr.Bond
AG
CyclingAg82 said:

MarylandAG said:

**** man that's cheap these days. I remember 59/50 fitted MLB hats used to be 34.99...... now they're freaking $50
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

_lefraud_
AG
Rory will never win another major again.

What w waste of talent
CyclingAg82
AG
Mr.Bond said:

CyclingAg82 said:

MarylandAG said:

**** man that's cheap these days. I remember 59/50 fitted MLB hats used to be 34.99...... now they're freaking $50
Wow....
AustinCountyAg
Was on a plane coming back from Savannah this evening while the tournament was on. Overwhelming all the dudes were pulling for Bryson. I love it. I've always been skeptical of him in the past but after the move to LIV and his YouTube channel taken off he seems much more relaxed and chill vs when he was on PGAT. I think it's helped his popularity greatly by now being able to post his videos and show a more personal side of his golf and how much he digs into technology. He's great for golf rn. PGAT has to be super pissed seeing his success with golf fans while LIV is on cloud nine right now with the bump in success and exposure they will get out of this.

harge57
AG
Weirdest thing to me about Bryson is he has absolutely no friends or family with him. Don't know his full story but he sure looked lonely out there.
Bunk Moreland
harge57 said:

Weirdest thing to me about Bryson is he has absolutely no friends or family with him. Don't know his full story but he sure looked lonely out there.

Smoke show GF was there. His first major win his parents couldn't be there due to the ridiculous covid nonsense. Shame his dad was never able to see him win a major in person.
JCA1
AG
I don't know what to make of Bryson. Was definitely a D bag in the past but seems to have changed. I'm sure some of it is PR but I think some of it is genuine. But he doesn't seem to have a lot of friends in golf, which is noteworthy as they would presumably know him best. Sergio was the only pro I saw waiting to congratulate him (although I may have missed others). Seems odd.
Bunk Moreland
Curious who you think would have gone out to congratulate Rory had he won? I'd bet most guys are long gone, especially with next week being another signature event that most of the PGAT players probably aren't stoked about having to show up for.

Paul Casey has said some great things about Bryson being a teammate of his, Phil had a nice tweet congratulating him. Not sure what the point of the post is, though I guess you explained it with your opening sentence.
class of 03
Someone coming in strong for #1 fan award candidate here. Can't leave any stone unturned.
Bunk Moreland
_lefraud_
AG
I use to root against Bryson, but I've found myself rooting for him over the past year.

Very few players have done what he's done.
Bunk Moreland
class of 03 said:

Someone coming in strong for #1 fan award candidate here. Can't leave any stone unturned.

I'm sorry you had such a tough day. I look forward to you posting the same unfunny joke month after month on the LIV threads.

I rather enjoyed watching the most competitive major and our national tournament today and the storylines that surrounded it. Wish everyone was able to but I understand it's hard for some to enjoy their life.
Duckhook
AG
I played golf late today and just caught up.

Shades of Doug Sanders!

[url=https://ibb.co/jGpMsJ1][/url]
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

I don't think this course sets up for him. Fairways and greens guy will win it. Or Scheff.

Oops
JCA1
AG
Bryson just showed up while Jonson Wagner was recreating his bunker shot and Wagner managed to hit it to about a foot. Great tv.
Bunk Moreland
JCA1 said:

Bryson just showed up while Jonson Wagner was recreating his bunker shot and Wagner managed to hit it to about a foot. Great tv.

That was great
class of 03
Can't wait, I'll be there!
mike_ags_fan12
mike_ags_fan12 said:

The 2024 US Open Champion

Bryson DeChambeau

Sazerac
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

In honor of Payne, Bryson's going to hug Rory and say "you're going to be a husband again!"

Gold
AustinCountyAg
Duckhook said:

I played golf late today and just caught up.

Shades of Doug Sanders!

[url=https://ibb.co/jGpMsJ1][/url]
so Rory will be at Herman park tomm giving lessons like Tin Cup?
bowhuntr
Bunk Moreland said:

harge57 said:

Smoke show GF was there. His first major win his parents couldn't be there due to the ridiculous covid nonsense. Shame his dad was never able to see him win a major in person.

Do you think it is odd he is 30 and she is a sophomore in college? Makes me believe he is socially off, albeit more approachable. I do appreciate his fascination with the details of golf.
Sazerac
AG
He is 100% spectrum
Sazerac
AG
This was fantastic
CyAg86
AG
So great to see little Rory run to his car and split after being such a di*k and talking trash about the Liv guys. Will always be remembered for his choke job today.
Bunk Moreland
Good question. I guess I find it about as odd as Tiger Woods cheating on a Swedish model wife with a Perkins waitress. Whatever makes a man happy, and these guys have such ****ed up personal schedules it's likely very hard to maintain any semblance of a "normal relationship" so whatever floats their boats.

Watching Bryson get to the end of this interview and it sure seems like he went through much darker days than he has shared openly. Glad he's in a good mental spot.
bagger05
AG
He's 31.

Half your age plus seven so call it 22-23 to "not be weird."

But celebrities have different rules.

They're both grown ups. I hope they're both getting what they want out of the relationship.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
bowhuntr said:

Bunk Moreland said:

harge57 said:

Do you think it is odd he is 30 and she is a sophomore in college? Makes me believe he is socially off, albeit more approachable. I do appreciate his fascination with the details of golf.

Nope.
-Bill B.
EliteElectric
Love seeing that leprechaun phony Rory running back under his bridge while a LIV guy hoisted the trophy. Maybe that will finally show that never was been Brandle Chimpee how to shut his pie hole about LIV players not being able to compete in 72 hole tourneys.

Full disclosure~ Payne was my dude, I was a huge PS fan and those of you who have played with me long enough have seen me in knickers at tourneys. I was not a big Bryson fan, but this image changed things a little for me.

also that Payne pose he did with the trophy got me a little dusty eyed.

He's probably on spectrum a little but he is also a beast on the course. Great and deserved win BD.

PS if anyone has found an image of his Payne pose with the trophy please share it, I would love a copy. I was at Miramont with my 10yo for her PGA Jr tourney yesterday and couldn't watch the last half of the final round.
AggieDruggist89
AG
CyAg86 said:

So great to see little Rory run to his car and split after being such a di*k and talking trash about the Liv guys. Will always be remembered for his choke job today.

He's not man enough to congratulate Bryson and also provide an interview? It clearly shows how little that ***** is.

Sounded pretty tough and manly when he criticized Trump though.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/29179492/rory-mcilroy-critical-president-trump-play-again
AustinCountyAg
to me Rory has always come off as the guy who showed up to the party out of nowhere as a kid who won fast and early and bought into the hype the media pumped him up to be (the next Tiger). Unfortunatnely, that led to complacency on his part thinking he could out talent everyone, and make him declare to everyone that he in fact was going to be as good as Tiger (sort of like Lebron). I believe the internet, media, and the look-at-me attitude of his generation has fueled it. To me he comes off as a d-bag just like Lebron who thinks he's better than everyone. Don't get me wrong, they are both great and some of the best of there generation. But when they get knocked down off there high horses I enjoy it greatly.

I do however feel bad for him with his personal life in its current state which seems to be a mess and may have contributed to his actions yesterday after the round. Either way it's nice watching Bryson and LIV get the spotlight for a change and watching the critics eat some crow.
AgLA06
AG
I ALMOST feel bad for Rory.

He was used by the PGAT to be their mouthpiece against LIV. Then they betrayed him and the rest of the players when they inevitably folded. Now that he's no longer useful and their talking points are in ruins with Bryson winning they'll bury him for his actions after anointing him not long ago.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
The one thing you can say about this tournament is that it was very entertaining. There was big players, drama, great shots, major choking, and a guy coming through on the last hole to win it. It was way more entertaining than the masters was.
Bunk Moreland
Yes it was an outstanding major championship. For as much as everyone will talk about Rory's missed short putts at the end, the long putts he made during the round kept the entire afternoon interesting. Without those, it would have been a snoozer.

Hopefully Royal Troon can produce something similar.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.