*** 124th U.S. Open ***

54,071 Views | 722 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Bunk Moreland
schwabbin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bennett with another long birdie. Two maybe three inside the cut line now.
Old Tom Morris
Straka about to give Smylie a prostate check with those gloves
MAROON
AG
Just came here to say to ask why he's wearing those. I'm in the men's locker room and the sound is not turned up.

And news flash - it's freaking hot today in Houston!
kelkel25
This course is gonna take these guys lunch money this weekend. If you are at -6 come Sunday you're winning this.
Enviroag02
AG
Feeling good about Bryson's shot to win
Duckhook
AG
Enviroag02 said:

Feeling good about Bryson's shot to win

Not a big Bryson fan, but I have a Vegas ticket on him at 18-1. Wouldn't break my heart to see him win.
Old Tom Morris
Sergio dressed like he's ready to go volunteer at the Byron Nelson
AgLA06
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

Sergio dressed like he's ready to go volunteer at the Byron Nelson
I thought it was the running of the bulls.
Old Tom Morris

AgLA06
AG
AgLA06 said:

Tiger in 2024 Majors (so far)

65 shots behind the winner / leader in 3 tournaments.

Masters
Tiger +16
Winner -11
27 shots back

PGA Championship
Tiger +7(Cut or it would have been worse)
Winner -21
26 shots back

US Open
Tiger +7 (Cut or it would have been worse)
Leader -5
12 shots back (so far)
concac
AG
And Molinari made an ace to make the cut on his final hole.
aggietony2010
AG
Molinari with the ace on his 18th to likely make the cut.
AgLA06
AG
aggietony2010 said:

House money this weekend to try and boost the check.
E King Trill
AG
aggietony2010 said:

Sick!!!
concac
AG
On the Sky Sports telecast, they said that Tiger told a couple of reporters that this might be his last US Open.

I think it's time. He can't compete anymore. Just play the Masters and the tournaments that he host.
Old Tom Morris
Yeah, he took a special exemption to play in this one since his 5 year exemption from the 2019 Masters expired, and I can see that being something that eats at him especially if he's not going to be competitive
concac
AG
Bennett at +1 with 3 to play. Barring a disaster, should make the cut easily.
Old Tom Morris
Old Tom Morris said:

Yeah, he took a special exemption to play in this one since his 5 year exemption from the 2019 Masters expired, and I can see that being something that eats at him especially if he's not going to be competitive

But I still think he'll play in the other 3 for a while longer since he's earned his way into them and doesn't need a special exemption
TXAGGIES
I want carnage tomorrow and not the spectators feom the heat.
aggietony2010
AG
Robert Rock could ruin the days of everyone at +5. He birdied 7 (16th hole for him), and a birdie on 8 or 9 would move the cut back to +4.

Edit: Theegala's bogey to finish should keep the +5 crowd safe.
GigEmJake17
AG
Sam finishes day +2, +1 for the tourney tied for 22. Heck of a recovery considering his first 7 holes being +5. Could have let it spiral!
Project Gemini
AG
That's a hell of an outing for Sam today. Friday afternoon, hot, top tier challenging golf course, and one mistake easily could send you into double or triple bogey on a lot of holes.
FriscoKid
AG
Bennett really did have a good round. He hit most of the fairways and had some good putts. Wish his approach shots would give him closer birdie putts, but a very solid round. He had 2 bad holes otherwise he would be top 10 and in the mix. I don't know what happened on #8 he was a couple feet off the green on his second shot and somehow managed to double the hole. He's going to get a nice paycheck this weekend.
JCA1
AG
I agree Tiger's best days are clearly behind him and it would take a miracle for him to win again at this point. But you guys are acting like he's a complete embarrassment and it's ridiculous he even shows up. This week, he was tied for 88th out of a field of 156. Basically dead middle of the field and beat Day, Zalatoris, DJ, Im, Fowler, Woodland, JT, and Mickelson.

He's not the Tiger of old anyone but no need to act like he can't play anymore and him teeing it up is some travesty.
Hamdog96
AG
How are you able to see his shots and position around the green? I usually look at the "shot details" on the Google leaderboard but they are unavailable for this tournament. And they never show him live.
Bunk Moreland
JCA1 said:

I agree Tiger's best days are clearly behind him and it would take a miracle for him to win again at this point. But you guys are acting like he's a complete embarrassment and it's ridiculous he even shows up. This week, he was tied for 88th out of a field of 156. Basically dead middle of the field and beat Day, Zalatoris, DJ, Im, Fowler, Woodland, JT, and Mickelson.

He's not the Tiger of old anyone but no need to act like he can't play anymore and him teeing it up is some travesty.

The irony I see now is you wanting to keep bringing Tiger up on the thread from a defensive position ghgen your earlier comments on the thread. Someone simply posted that Tiger himself commented about how it may be his last open and everyone generally agrees because he'll need special exemptions to keep playing it. I don't see the need for a take based on that.

Best news of the week is everyone who's a huge fan got to see as much Tiger as they could have ever wanted Thursday and Friday and now the broadcast can focus on guys in contention the rest of the way.

bagger05
AG
Hamdog96 said:

How are you able to see his shots and position around the green? I usually look at the "shot details" on the Google leaderboard but they are unavailable for this tournament. And they never show him live.

Check out the Shot Cast on the USGA app. It is pretty damn slick.

Azul88
AG
JCA1 said:

The irony of people who complain about Tiger monopolizing the coverage only to come over here and monolopolize this thread with Tiger talk.

I even get it to an extent. But everyone knows Tiger is going to be shown. Because he still moves the needle whether you like it or not. And y'all have posted the same complaints on every tournament he's been in for over a year. We're all well aware of your position. Can you just tell it to yourself quietly going forward (I'm looking at you, British Open).
I just got back to the hotel so it may have been mentioned already. We saw him on 3 today and he moves the needle to the degree where on both sides of the fairway it was 3-4 people deep. I've seen him several times and it's always been the same. I get it, he's not part of the conversation in the tournament but he definitely moves the needle.
class of 03
Go Fireballs!!!
JCA1
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

JCA1 said:

The irony I see now is you wanting to keep bringing Tiger up on the thread from a defensive position ghgen your earlier comments on the thread. Someone simply posted that Tiger himself commented about how it may be his last open and everyone generally agrees because he'll need special exemptions to keep playing it. I don't see the need for a take based on that.

Best news of the week is everyone who's a huge fan got to see as much Tiger as they could have ever wanted Thursday and Friday and now the broadcast can focus on guys in contention the rest of the way.

Reading comprehension Bunk. My earlier comment was directed to people who claim to not want to see or talk about Tiger yet always do. I didn't put myself in that camp. I'm ambivalent on Tiger. I simultaneously recognize he's, at best, a middling pro while also recognizing his stature in the game means he'll never be treated like a middling pro. So I'm happy to talk about him or not talk about him. I'm just tired of you guys who claim to not want to talk about him yet that's all you do.
Bunk Moreland
JCA1 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

JCA1 said:

Reading comprehension Bunk. My earlier comment was directed to people who claim to not want to see or talk about Tiger yet always do. I didn't put myself in that camp. I'm ambivalent on Tiger. I simultaneously recognize he's, at best, a middling pro while also recognizing his stature in the game means he'll never be treated like a middling pro. So I'm happy to talk about him or not talk about him. I'm just tired of you guys who claim to not want to talk about him yet that's all you do.

Who's you guys? I posted once yesterday and one reply to your post today. Feels lime you're dreaming up a bigger issue than there actually is.
JCA1
AG
But to get back to the tournament at hand, I'd probably make Bryson the favorite right now. Been there, done that. Which should help down the stretch. Aberg winning would break a century long streak of no first timers winning. Have a hard time seeing Cantlay winning too. But I guess that's what the weekend's for.
JCA1
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

JCA1 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

JCA1 said:

Who's you guys? I posted once yesterday and one reply to your post today. Feels lime you're dreaming up a bigger issue than there actually is.

Well, you brought up several of my posts so I assumed you were trying to make a point. If you weren't trying to make a point, my apologies.
Bunk Moreland
Nah. Your posts were actually fine. I was more having fun with the overall tiger army that got offended people dare comment in the amount of coverage he gets on TV vs his actual performance. I very much enjoy the back and forth between us on any subject on here.
TXAGGIES
Just throwing it out there, but i could possibly have 1 extra for Sunday. Champions pavilion access for free food and drinks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.