*** 124th U.S. Open ***

54,077 Views | 722 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Bunk Moreland
Project Gemini
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hes in the middle of the pack right now. Complaining about airtime is fine but GTFO with the irrelevant take.
watty
AG
Tiger haters are a strange bunch.
chick79
AG
No one else ten strokes back is getting this kind of air time. I'd rather see more of Tony Finau as an example. He's definitely in contention. I think I've only seen him with one stroke in the last hour or so.
Project Gemini
AG
I'm enjoying this airtime DJ is getting right now. Looks like one of us.
chick79
AG
Rant over. I don't hate Tiger. I enjoyed him in his day. Just time to focus on others.
Chipotlemonger
AG
chick79 said:

It's not fair to the other golfers who are in contention to have their airtime stolen from a has been.
Yea you're not a serious poster. Lol.
EliteElectric
chick79 said:

It's not fair to the other golfers who are in contention to have their airtime stolen from a has been.
These guys owe "their airtime" to Tiger. Pre-Tiger Thursday and Friday early tee times didn't even get TV coverage. Tiger grew the game exponentially. I am far from a Tiger fan but it's silly to throw shade at him and call him irrelevant etc.
concac
AG
chick79 said:

No one else ten strokes back is getting this kind of air time. I'd rather see more of Tony Finau as an example. He's definitely in contention. I think I've only seen him with one stroke in the last hour or so.

It's Tiger Effing Woods. People want to see him whether you like him or not. He still draws the biggest crowd on the course and TV. He's earned it.
AgLA06
AG
Project Gemini said:

chick79 said:

When will Tiger realize his glory days are way behind him? It's almost embarrassing to see him play and try to be relevant. It's like watching a woman in her 40s try to compete for the Miss America crown.

He made the cut at the Masters. He's not knocking on the door of wins but is not irrelevant. He's more relevant than Justin Thomas this year in majors.
This is your justification?

Tiger Woods finishes Masters with his highest score as a pro. Just 27 shots behind the leader.
AgLA06
AG
Unemployed said:

chick79 said:

It's Tiget Effing Woods. People want to see him whether you like him or not. He still draws the biggest crowd on the course and TV. He's earned it.
They don't. If people wanted to see him, they would leave him on one of the feature groups instead of the main coverage and people could watch him if they wanted to watch bad golf. But they don't.
Project Gemini
AG
That he is "irrelevant", yeah, absolutely I think its fair that anyone who makes the cut at the Masters is not irrelevant to the game of professional golf. And I think its a horrible take otherwise, but if thats your take, cool.
EliteElectric
He's in feature group #1 right now and has been since he teed
AgLA06
AG
Project Gemini said:

That he is "irrelevant", yeah, absolutely I think its fair that anyone who makes the cut at the Masters is not irrelevant to the game of professional golf. And I think its a horrible take otherwise, but if thats your take, cool.
People are only watching to see how far he's fallen. That's F'ed up, but that's their decision.

The rest of us are stuck with bad golf.
Project Gemini
AG
AgLA06 said:

Unemployed said:

chick79 said:

It's Tiget Effing Woods. People want to see him whether you like him or not. He still draws the biggest crowd on the course and TV. He's earned it.
They don't. If people wanted to see him, they would leave him on one of the feature groups instead of the main coverage and people could watch him if they wanted to watch bad golf. But they don't.
Dude, what are you talking about. He is in the featured group coverage at the top of the USGA app, and being in a featured group doesnt mean they arent going to show you on the main feed.
PJYoung
AG
EliteElectric said:

He's in feature group #1 right now and has been since he teed
And he literally has the largest gallery following his every move on the course right now.
GigEmJake17
AG
Sam starting to snowball...
FriscoKid
AG
GigEmJake17 said:

That was a horrible hole for him.
GigEmJake17
AG
FriscoKid said:

GigEmJake17 said:

That was a horrible hole for him.
made a mess of that one and the easy par 5. Having a rough day. Needs to turn it around before he plays himself off the cut.
JCA1
AG
The irony of people who complain about Tiger monopolizing the coverage only to come over here and monolopolize this thread with Tiger talk.

I even get it to an extent. But everyone knows Tiger is going to be shown. Because he still moves the needle whether you like it or not. And y'all have posted the same complaints on every tournament he's been in for over a year. We're all well aware of your position. Can you just tell it to yourself quietly going forward (I'm looking at you, British Open).
Bunk Moreland
Koepka goes bogey then double to fall back to +3.

+5 is going to be real close l but I still think they get there.

Edit wow he tripled that. 2 awful short putts. +4
Kansas Kid
EliteElectric said:

chick79 said:

These guys owe "their airtime" to Tiger. Pre-Tiger Thursday and Friday early tee times didn't even get TV coverage. Tiger grew the game exponentially. I am far from a Tiger fan but it's silly to throw shade at him and call him irrelevant etc.

I want to correct one thing, pre Tiger no Thursday or Friday tee times got TV coverage except in rare instances.
Duckhook
AG
275 is -5. I think higher than 275 wins this.
rednecked
AG
Sam B. just got 5 seconds of air time by dropping a tough birdy putt on 9. back to +4!
Bunk Moreland
Kansas Kid said:

EliteElectric said:

chick79 said:

I want to correct one thing, pre Tiger no Thursday or Friday tee times got TV coverage except in rare instances.

Pre Tiger there were 53 total channels on all of television with zero internet and streaming. The world has changed drastically. We all know Tiger did a lot for the game and still has tons of fans that enjoy watching him but let's not act like golf wouldn't have continued to get more accessible thru the advances in technology just like every other sport in the world is.
GigEmJake17
AG
rednecked said:

Sam B. just got 5 seconds of air time by dropping a tough birdy putt on 9. back to +4!
+3
class of 03
Tiger is the reason most of us care. How people forget this is very short sided.
Kansas Kid
We now know why Scottie had no problem making his tee times this week.

rednecked
AG
GigEmJake17 said:

rednecked said:

+3
I really shouldn't try to do math on a Friday afternoon. Or read a website correctly, or well, anything requiring brain cells.

AgLA06
AG
Tiger in 2024 Majors (so far)

63 shots behind the winner / leader in 2.5 tournaments.

Masters
Tiger +16
Winner -11
27 shots back

PGA Championship
Tiger +7(Cut or it would have been worse)
Winner -21
26 shots back

US Open
Tiger +5 (so far)
Leader -5
10 shots back (so far)
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Show Tigers shots, but a bit after he hits them. I don't need to see him staring down a 15 footer for 30 seconds, then miss it right. Cut to him just long enough to see him hit. I also don't need to cut to him to watch him hit a 2 foot tap in.
class of 03
Sorry
AgLA06
AG
We're literally at a point where a recap interview with Bryson is more entertaining.
Project Gemini
AG
He beat more than half the field by 27 at the 2000 US Open
Ag_07
AG
This happy hour feature with Smylie is awful.
FriscoKid
AG
48 ft birdie putt. Looks like Sam still has done fight left in this round.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.