Wild Spring Dunes (Mt. Enterprise)

45,772 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by jckrjr7
The Grinder (99)
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We went back a second time about a month ago. This time to play their 20 hole loop (1-10, 17, 18, 1-8). It was definitely getting warm to hot. Still walking.

I agree that 4 is the toughest that I played. Shot even first time I played and was three over on #4 (bogey and double) and agree it would be luck to birdie as you can't see the green yet alone the pin from the fairway.

Also agree that I won't carry again. I don't mind walking but at this stage of my life actually carrying a bag was tough. Pull cart would be fine and I assume they will have those eventually but they don't currently

Julio von Matterhorn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"Official' opening was Friday, played yesterday and it's just the most amazing course; just immaculate condition. Elevation changes were far more than you would expect in East Texas. Two caddies carried for our foursome, both did a great job considering the heat and were really hustling. Fairways are wide and it's hard to get in trouble off the box, we played the Springs tees, 6388 yards but felt much longer. Greens fees were $297 including tax, and $150 pp for the caddies tip included, cash.
98Ag99Grad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They don't have a range right? Is there any type of warm up area? I'm playing there next month.
skippytimmy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
there are two hitting areas in to a net. there is a masseuse, that
stretches you out before your round. that is pretty awesome.
LRB38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Playing here Wednesday. This will be the first time I've ever played with a caddy. Is the $150 caddy fee added to the tee time or can it be paid in cash?
98Ag99Grad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You'll pay the caddie direct so have cash
Holistic Planning
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
WSD is the best thing to happen to Nacogdoches.
www.holisticplanning.com/intro
Remarkably personal financial advice for a fuller life.
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$150 caddie fee per person is wild.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.
skippytimmy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mr.Bond said:

$150 caddie fee per person is wild

It wasn't that much when we went about 6 weeks ago. If I recall, $150 was to carry two bags....
JCA1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mr.Bond said:

$150 caddie fee per person is wild.


With tip included, that seems to be about the going rate to me.
98Ag99Grad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
same at Rodeo Dunes.
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JCA1 said:

Mr.Bond said:

$150 caddie fee per person is wild.


With tip included, that seems to be about the going rate to me.



Just another reason I dont care for caddies. Most I've ever spent was $100 and that experience was awful at the ocean course. $150 is robbery
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.
Julio von Matterhorn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
skippytimmy said:

Mr.Bond said:

$150 caddie fee per person is wild

It wasn't that much when we went about 6 weeks ago. If I recall, $150 was to carry two bags....

They do carry two bags, but for a foursome it's still $150 per player. Quite an expensive day at WSD, be interesting to see how demand is after the initial interest wears off given the price.
skippytimmy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The problem is that none of these caddies really know this course yet. They certainly don't know the greens.

Our caddies were college students from SFA, and they carried the bags... didn't provide really any insight in to the course.
LRB38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
We were first off today at 7:30 this morning. Getting to see the sunrise from 1 tee was pretty cool. I'm going to give a mixed review on this, so hopefully I don't get too much hate.

I grew up in east Texas, so I've always loved ETX golf courses cut out of the pines. This was on a completely different level, though. IMO the design is incredible and it's awesome to have this type of course out east. From tee to front edge the course was in tremendous shape. Even if you sprayed it off the box there was still a decent chance you were finding your ball and would have a look into the green.

Where my critique/criticism comes in is the greens. I get it… the course opened 9/8 and we've hardly had any rain the past 3 months, but it felt like more than half the greens barely had any grass on them. To me greens make or break a course. 6-12 months from now I'm sure they will be in excellent condition, but I didn't feel that the $275 was justified with the shape of the greens.

Overall it was a great day and our group had a blast. Definitely excited to see what this place turns into over the next few years. From what we were told the 2nd course will open preview play in late '27 with regular play starting in early '28.
Tonyperkis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We've got a 9am tee time in December. Can't wait. For those who have played, how long does it take to play a round. Trying to schedule a twilight round. Was planning for 5 hours from tee time to driving off. Reasonable?
LRB38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Teed off at 7:30 and back in the truck at 12:45.
bagger05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Playing tomorrow. Gonna be a long day but excited. Greens always take a while on a new course. I've heard to expect the ball to release everywhere.

Fees for the caddies include tip. Still feels like a pretty steep price for what I'm expecting to get.
rhtexfish
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When we went before all 18 were open we had 1:1 caddy ratio.

I love walking but usually don't like getting advice on the greens unless they prove to know their stuff. My guy did not. He also left a sand bottle at the bottom of my bag.

Sweet course though heard the back is better than the front, is that true?

Once they have 2 18s and a place to stay should be fun. Make it a full weekend with pine dunes.
skippytimmy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rhtexfish said:

When we went before all 18 were open we had 1:1 caddy ratio.

I love walking but usually don't like getting advice on the greens unless they prove to know their stuff. My guy did not. He also left a sand bottle at the bottom of my bag.

Sweet course though heard the back is better than the front, is that true?

Once they have 2 18s and a place to stay should be fun. Make it a full weekend with pine dunes.

I didn't notice a tangible difference between the front and back.
Gig-Em2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Get a Caddie. Heat exhaustion is real out there this time of year and it's a tough walk+carry from what I'm hearing.
Holistic Planning
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
You have to have a caddie. Just a matter of it you want them to carry or not. $50 for fore caddies. $150 for pro caddies.

Yall have fun playing. We can always host golfers that want to play out there as well. Half price green fees if you play with a founder
www.holisticplanning.com/intro
Remarkably personal financial advice for a fuller life.
HoustonAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I played last Friday, went off around 10:30.

It was a beautiful course, obviously still needs some healthy growth and sand to pack in. Could hear the echo of the club hitting the ground everywhere on the course and I mean everywhere.

Caddies were fun, expensive, and obviously still getting the lay of the land.

It was HOT and it's got quite a bit of elevation change for walking. They have water coolers on every hole but even then it was a tough stretch those last few holes.

I'd go back again for a long weekend when 2 or more courses are open and after I've gotten my cardio up.
skippytimmy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HoustonAg15 said:

I played last Friday, went off around 10:30.

It was a beautiful course, obviously still needs some healthy growth and sand to pack in. Could hear the echo of the club hitting the ground everywhere on the course and I mean everywhere.

Caddies were fun, expensive, and obviously still getting the lay of the land.

It was HOT and it's got quite a bit of elevation change for walking. They have water coolers on every hole but even then it was a tough stretch those last few holes.

I'd go back again for a long weekend when 2 or more courses are open and after I've gotten my cardio up.


the echo was crazy..... still don't understand it
HoustonAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Caddies said it's the sand under the entire course….it was wild.
Gig-Em2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sand Valley is built on a deposit of sand 250' deep. Pretty wild some of the sounds you hear echoing down through it. I'm sure similar circumstances at Wild Spring Dunes.
CyAg86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Played last Friday, it was a fun experience, really cool course. It was really hot, we had caddies which are a must for us older guys. Pre-round massage was a nice touch. Will go back when the next course opens. Edit to add, no range or putting green, just a couple of mats with nets.
jckrjr7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heading out in 2 weeks, the forecasted high is 79! Looking forward to it
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.