Sam Bennet - Tour card update

52,508 Views | 382 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by GigEmJake17
Ag_in_Moscow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
-3 through 8 in the 3rd round. Tied for second and two off the lead.
Ag_in_Moscow
-4 through 15, one off the lead.
GigEmJake17
AG
T2 going into final round. 1 back. Great rounds!
Ag_in_Moscow
Another mid-60s round will give him a good chance to win, and Top 10 almost certainly. There are a lot of players (15) within 4 shots of the lead, so losing even a couple of strokes to the field could drop him a lot of spots, but a level round would still probably leave him in the Top-20.
Seven Costanza
AG
He's in the final group, which tees off at 8:36 Central Time (I'm assuming the early start is due to incoming weather).
Ag_in_Moscow
Wow! Higgs birdies 5 of his first 6 holes!
GigEmJake17
AG
Pretty uneventful front nine. -1. Needs to get some birdies to drop if he wants to win this.
GigEmJake17
AG
Just can't buy a birdie. Not leaving himself close attempts and has missed his few opportunities. Barring a hot streak, winning appears to be out of the picture. Should just focus on top 5 right now. -17 or -18 should get him to that. Currently at -15 thru 12.
Ag_in_Moscow
Yeah, he could really use a couple of birdies. Just one might ensure a top-10 finish, though.
Ag_in_Moscow
Finally gets another birdie after driving the green on a 300-yard par 4. Now tied for 6th with two holes to play.
GigEmJake17
AG
Ag_in_Moscow said:

Finally gets another birdie after driving the green on a 300-yard par 4. Now tied for 6th with two holes to play.
last hole is very easy par 5. Chance at eagle. A eagle is basically guaranteed to get him his first top 5 on KFT
GigEmJake17
AG
Birdies last hole for a solo 7th! Didn't get it going til too late. But regardless this moves him on the good side of the top 30.
Mr. Frodo
AG
Chandler Phillips t12 at colonial this weekend!
GigEmJake17
AG
Really tough course today. First event that I have followed on KFT that will have a +! or E cut projected. Distances are playing like a tougher PGA Tour course.
Aggie369
AG
It's a par 70 so only 2 par 5s

It's 7,400 yards from back but most yardage is lost trading those 2 par 5s for par 4s. 2 fewer scoring holes for sure. 1 long par 3 at 220+
GigEmJake17
AG
Yep and there's a few upper 400s par 4s as well
GigEmJake17
AG
E on day. Had a pretty shaky/bad start and was at +3. Was able to get hot on 2nd half of back 9 and get to E.
GigEmJake17
AG
+2 today. Most likely will be cut. Currently projecting at +1 cutline. This course just didn't match what Sam does well. He also seemed to be out of it too. Has a little more time to prep for US Open qualifying on Monday.

Whelp I take that back.. just sunk a 40 footer to get to +1 and will likely make cut!
whisperingbill
At the moment, and I know it's a long season, but at the moment Sam has the 5th best scoring average on the KF tour this year. If he can keep that up, he should have no problem getting into the top 30 at years end. He is playing better than his results show. And his results aren't bad.
GigEmJake17
AG
whisperingbill said:

At the moment, and I know it's a long season, but at the moment Sam has the 5th best scoring average on the KF tour this year. If he can keep that up, he should have no problem getting into the top 30 at years end. He is playing better than his results show. And his results aren't bad.
slow and steady will win the race. There are a couple guys who have won a tourney and that's about it. They can easily be caught.

I think if he averages around top 30 he will get a card based off last year's top 30. Heck, if he wins one or is a runner up it makes him a virtual lock.

98Ag99Grad
AG
Probably needs to be top 20 to get the guaranteed starts. With the elevated events now the lower tournaments are filled with regular guys who don't play in those and KFT grads are getting squeezed out more and more. But yes, first get top 30 then worry about getting starts next year.
GigEmJake17
AG
Poor round. Just not his tourney. Has US Open qualifier Monday and is taking a probably much needed break for the tourney next week. One tourney shouldn't hurt him too much but hopefully he doesn't lose too much ground skipping one.
Aggie369
AG
No one will play every week
It all evens out
GigEmJake17
AG
+7 today. Yikes. Gonna need to forget it for US Open qualifying tomorrow.
Seven Costanza
AG
GigEmJake17 said:

+7 today. Yikes. Gonna need to forget it for US Open qualifying tomorrow.
Which location is he playing for the qualifier?
GigEmJake17
AG
Durham since it's so close to where all the KFT people are right now in Raleigh
Wearer of the Ring
AG
I was looking on the "F Golf" thread for a post from Sam.

jk

High hopes for a huge bounce back!!!!
Ag_in_Moscow
I'm not sure the handful of points and dollars he made from this tournament were worth it. He may have been better off had that 40' birdie putt on #18 on Fri had lipped out and he missed the cut.
GigEmJake17
AG
GigEmJake17 said:

Durham since it's so close to where all the KFT people are right now in Raleigh
I take this back. I don't see him on any of the tee sheets for Monday. Maybe I'm blind.
He also is not playing on the KFT event next week.

Edit: okay he is in Durham.. the USGAs website is broken and the Durham link takes you to the Canada field
Seven Costanza
AG
Yeah the qualifier fields aren't particularly easy to track down, nor is it simple to find out how many spots are available at each location.
Seven Costanza
AG
Ag_in_Moscow said:

I'm not sure the handful of points and dollars he made from this tournament were worth it.
Yep, last place last week was only $3800. But he was in decent shape on Friday afternoon.
GigEmJake17
AG
Getting hot on his 2nd 18. A couple more birdies should do the trick and get him a spot!
CapCity12thMan
AG
https://www.usopen.com/2024/final-qualifying.html
Seven Costanza
AG
Dude is in the mix. T3 with 3 holes to go. Top 7 get a spot.

https://www.usopen.com/2024/final-qualifying/durham-north-carolina.html
GigEmJake17
AG
2 holes left. He goes even par and is basically guaranteed a spot.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.