2024 Masters

10,512 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Jock 07
William Larue Weller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With a new wife and baby on the way this summer, I think spending thousands on a ticket just isn't prudent. If I don't win the lottery in the next ten years, though, I will eventually just shell out the cash for the silly secondary market tickets.
aginlakeway
AG
William Larue Weller said:

With a new wife and baby on the way this summer, I think spending thousands on a ticket just isn't prudent. If I don't win the lottery in the next ten years, though, I will eventually just shell out the cash for the silly secondary market tickets.

Makes perfect sense to me!

You'll get there one day.
spudag
AG
I've done the online lottery for 7 years, and after years of rejection emails I scored two tickets for Sunday this year.

I went to a practice round in 2017 thanks to my friend's wife who got picked after applying for the first time.

It really is luck of the draw so keep trying. Also, it doesn't hurt to ask relatives/friends to submit their application yearly because that also increases your odds.
ScarmardoAg19
AG
Looking at buying Saturday/Sunday tickets from StubHub. How safe is that?
JCA1
AG
ScarmardoAg19 said:

Looking at buying Saturday/Sunday tickets from StubHub. How safe is that?

Should be fine. I bought off of stubhub back in 2017 without any problems. Only point is you may want to see if you can tell whether they are tickets or badges. If tickets, they'll just mail them to you. If badges, you gotta go pick them up the morning of and return them that afternoon.
lazuras_dc
AG
I know the rules for tournament day say no phones. But is that one of those things where if you just keep it off and in your bag or pocket you're good? Or are they searching for and confiscating them at the gate ?
aginlakeway
AG
lazuras_dc said:

I know the rules for tournament day say no phones. But is that one of those things where if you just keep it off and in your bag or pocket you're good? Or are they searching for and confiscating them at the gate ?

No phones period. And banned for life if caught with one on the course. Leave it in the car.

There are free pay phones you can use on course if needed.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Marauder Blue 6
AG
lazuras_dc said:

They check at the gate with metal detectors.
aginlakeway
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

lazuras_dc said:

They check at the gate with metal detectors.

Yep. Leave phone in the car.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Ag_07
AG
After probably close to 15 years of trying I hit the lottery this year and got 4 Wed tickets.

Is it even worth watching the Par 3 contest Wed afternoon?

Part of me wants to just to say I did but also part of me thinks it'd be a great time to walk around the course with less of a crowd.
Jock 07
AG
Ag_07 said:

After probably close to 15 years of trying I hit the lottery this year and got 4 Wed tickets.

Part of me wants to just to say I did but also part of me thinks it'd be a great time to walk around the course with less of a crowd.

I'm going on Wed for the first time as well and if I recall they apparently close the course in the afternoon for the par 3 contest. I'm in the same boat, my main objective is being able to walk the course.
DannyDuberstein
AG
That phone rule applies to practice rounds too. No phones all week. You can bring a camera for practice rounds, but not tournament days
wildmen09
AG
Jock 07 said:

Ag_07 said:

I'm going on Wed for the first time as well and if I recall they apparently close the course in the afternoon for the par 3 contest. I'm in the same boat, my main objective is being able to walk the course.

I will be there on Wednesday as well. Plan on getting there right when it opens, hit the shop then plant a chair at the par 3 contest, then walk the course and see some practice. Then I'll head back over to the par 3 contest after lunch and plop in the chair.

Thoughts?
Jock 07
AG
wildmen09 said:

Jock 07 said:

Ag_07 said:

I will be there on Wednesday as well. Plan on getting there right when it opens, hit the shop then plant a chair at the par 3 contest, then walk the course and see some practice. Then I'll head back over to the par 3 contest after lunch and plop in the chair.

Thoughts?

Sounds like the perfect plan, I'm planning on doing basically the same thing if they do, in fact, close down the course early.
I'm assuming/hoping the staff is pretty efficient getting everyone through the gates right at opening in the morning.
wildmen09
AG
Jock 07 said:

wildmen09 said:

Jock 07 said:

Ag_07 said:

Thoughts?

Sounds like the perfect plan, I'm planning on doing basically the same thing if they do, in fact, close down the course early.
I'm assuming/hoping the staff is pretty efficient getting everyone through the gates right at opening in the morning.

Oh yeah, man. It's like Disney world for golf. You will be amazed. I went in 2019 on Saturday, tigers win.
CyAg86
AG
Yes, go to the par 3 tourney, it is a cool event. Players are relaxed, interact with patrons, sign autographs, etc.
ScarmardoAg19
AG
Last call for anyone who would have tickets for sale? Going to purchase on ticket sites this week but wanted to throw one more shot out there!
BQ_2010
AG
Any of yall that won this year have tickets in hand yet? Or an email with tracking? Have a friend going on Monday and he's starting to sweat.
aginlakeway
AG
BQ_2010 said:

Any of yall that won this year have tickets in hand yet? Or an email with tracking? Have a friend going on Monday and he's starting to sweat.

I called yesterday. Going out "this week"
BQ_2010
AG
Awesome thanks
aggiedadofpanda
AG
Just a quick anecdotal story. I went for the first time in 2016. We went straight to the merch tent and got all the shopping done early. Shipped it home.

Called my wife from one of the courtesy phones about 10 AM and she said she'd gotten an interesting call from American Express asking if the $2700 charge at Augusta National Golf Club was legitimate. I told her there were people waiting and I had to go.

It's such a great experience. Happy for all of you going for the first time.
aggiederelict
I have an extra practice round ticket (Monday) for sale if anyone is still interested in buying. You can email me at ben@axiompt.com for more info.
rally-cap
AG
Received my ticket shipping notification around lunch. We have Tuesday tickets, if that matters.
Jock 07
AG
Got my notification for my Wed tickets about the same time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.