2024 Masters

9,301 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Jock 07
aginlakeway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Can you not buy merch for someone else? Or are they just wanting to make sure no one is buying it and reselling for a profit?

I saw an Asian guy a few years ago put 22k on his credit card. His shopping cart was full, mainly of shirts and sweaters. I came up to the check out lady afterwards and asked how much his total was.
AgBQ-00
AG
Makes sense. I was just curious if they were super strict with merch like they are with tix.
aginlakeway
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Makes sense. I was just curious if they were super strict with merch like they are with tix.

Nope. You could buy 100k in there and walk out and then resell it all if you wanted. I just don't want to take that chance.

I have also stopped asking friends if they want anything. That got overwhelming fast. LOL

I was offered 5k cash for my media badge in 1993. I said no. I could have REALLY used 5k in 1993. I was broke. But I then won the media lottery and played in 1994.
Ezra Brooks
AG
It's ANGC - they can do whatever they want.

They know full well that tickets are being re-sold for $$,$$$. If they really cared to put a stop to it they could/would.

Just the threat of a ban is somewhat of a control for bad behavior & caution on who you give/sell tickets to.
ScarmardoAg19
AG
Looking for Friday to Sunday tickets if anyone has extra available! Would rather buy from an Ag than StubHub.
JCA1
AG
Ezra Brooks said:

It's ANGC - they can do whatever they want.

They know full well that tickets are being re-sold for $$,$$$. If they really cared to put a stop to it they could/would.

Just the threat of a ban is somewhat of a control for bad behavior & caution on who you give/sell tickets to.

This. Stubhub rents space next to the Publix next to ANGC during the masters. Line is out the door every morning with people picking up tickets and badges. They are well aware of the secondary market and let it go for the most part. Seems the main thing they hate is stupidity. Post of a picture of your ticket for sale where they can run the bar code and see who's selling? They might bust you for that and pull your tickets.
NColoradoAG
Jock 07 said:

So what exactly are the rules on resales? We almost had one of our folks back out but wound up fixing stuff so I'm using all 4. But when I thought I was going to have to get rid of one I couldn't really find any clear guidelines on the internet after a cursory look. Especially since I still don't physically have them yet.

You should have let them back out and called me!
Jock 07
AG
I actually was gonna call you, sorry he moved some stuff around to make it work. But if anything changes between now and then I'll give you a holler.
NColoradoAG
Jock 07 said:

I actually was gonna call you, sorry he moved some stuff around to make it work. But if anything changes between now and then I'll give you a holler.
I assume this person has military training so I will not threaten them.
aggiederelict
Anyone got the email yet that their tickets have shipped?
DannyDuberstein
AG
lazuras_dc said:

So what's the worst case scenario? Someone you sell tickets to gets in trouble there. Angc they scans their pass and realizes it's your acct that comes up and you're banned ?

Do the sellers on stubhub etc not care about this since they might see this sale as a once in a lifetime type thing and making a big payday?

Don't get caught selling them and don't sell them to a jackass.

5-6 years ago people covered up the # of the ticket when posting pics of them for online resale. Little did they know that the ANGC had added some colors to the ticket that made each one uniquely identifiable and revoked/banned them.
Jock 07
AG
aggiederelict said:

Not here, starting to get a bit anxious.
aginlakeway
AG
aggiederelict said:

Mid March is normal. Should be any day now.
Saucerito
AG
Going to the Monday Practice round this year. I'd like some feedback from those that have been on my proposed plan:
-Get to AN main parking lot around 6:30am
-Enter around 7-7:15am (apparently AN open gates to merch area around 7)
-Shop (make sure to buy the armless chairs) and be ready for grounds to open at 8.
-Walk to 16 green and set up chairs.
-Walk course, spend time at 12 and other iconic places
-come back to relax at 16 at some point later in the morning.
-see whatever else we haven't

What is the feasibility of getting a good spot at 16 if coming from the main entrance? Should I not worry about 16 and try to find a less desirable spot? I don't want to miss out on a front row spot at 16 and not be able to get one elsewhere because I went to 16 first. Should I park at the south entrance instead to be closer to 16 but maybe have fewer merch options?

booradley
AG
I'll publish the annual masters tips by end of month.

But my 2 cent opinion. Plan is good but forget the chairs. There will be thousands of chairs and the stands to sit in. Just sit anywhere open. If the owner comes you'll move to someone else's chair.

aginlakeway
AG
booradley said:

I'll publish the annual masters tips by end of month.

But my 2 cent opinion. Plan is good but forget the chairs. There will be thousands of chairs and the stands to sit in. Just sit anywhere open. If the owner comes you'll move to someone else's chair.

ALWAYS love your Masters posts!
rally-cap
AG
Bookmarking this for later - I've got Tuesday tickets and want to be sure we make the most of our day.

Generally, should you do merch first and store it/ship it, or wait till later in the day?
aginlakeway
AG
rally-cap said:

Bookmarking this for later - I've got Tuesday tickets and want to be sure we make the most of our day.

Generally, should you do merch first and store it/ship it, or wait till later in the day?

Merch first and ship it.
lazuras_dc
AG
Maybe a dumb question but are you able to access the merch shop without tickets ? Like if we wanted to go the day before we have tickets to the actual event?
wildmen09
AG
Negative. It's inside the gate past where you have to show tickets.
DannyDuberstein
AG
On a Monday, the bleachers on 15 that allow you to see 16 will have plenty of churn. 15 approaches are fun to watch. Agree with boo about not bothering with chairs
William Larue Weller
AG
How do y'all that go to the Masters all the time get your tickets so consistently? Getting them from sponsors or off the secondary market for big money? I've applied to the lottery for 20 years now and never even whiffed a practice round… it's getting demoralizing.
aginlakeway
AG
William Larue Weller said:

How do y'all that go to the Masters all the time get your tickets so consistently? Getting them from sponsors or off the secondary market for big money? I've applied to the lottery for 20 years now and never even whiffed a practice round… it's getting demoralizing.

Won lottery twice, including this year. From a golf business friend once. Other 8 times it was via media credential.
lazuras_dc
AG

won lottery this year and back in 2012 other I know have struck out for a decade +. although I feel like this year I know more people that won than any other year!
William Larue Weller
AG
aginlakeway said:

Won lottery twice, including this year. From a golf business friend once. Other 8 times it was via media credential.
Holy crap, going 11 times is amazing, but winning the lottery twice may be even more impressive. That is awesome!
William Larue Weller
AG
lazuras_dc said:

won lottery this year and back in 2012 other I know have struck out for a decade +. although I feel like this year I know more people that won than any other year!
Dang that's great. I've tried all the strategies, only applying for practice rounds, only applying for weekend, applying for all days, etc. Can't seem to get lucky haha
aginlakeway
AG

aginlakeway said:

Holy crap, going 11 times is amazing, but winning the lottery twice may be even more impressive. That is awesome!

Yep. I am very blessed. This will be trip #11. But the 8 via media were pretty easy since that was part of my job.

This trip means a lot to me. We're taking daughter and son in law, and he LOVES golf.
DannyDuberstein
AG

I somehow hit the lottery for practice rounds in both 2017 and 2018. I've posted this before, but 2017 was the first time I asked for only 2 practice round tickets vs the max of 4 and I hit. Then I did it again and hit again. But no luck since. I think demand has gone to an entirely new level since covid, decreasing lottery chances. Maybe it was 100% fluke, but after failing for years, then hitting like that, I felt like there must have been something in the algorithm that helped my chances vs being part of the masses asking for 4
Jock 07
AG
Interesting, I've always maxed out the 4 requests for the practice rounds and this was the first I've hit after putting in for over a decade. Debating if I keep putting in for practice rounds going forward or just stick with maxing out the 2 for tournament rounds starting for next year's tournament.
NColoradoAG
DannyDuberstein said:

I somehow hit the lottery for practice rounds in both 2017 and 2018. I've posted this before, but 2017 was the first time I asked for only 2 practice round tickets vs the max of 4 and I hit. Then I did it again and hit again. But no luck since. I think demand has gone to an entirely new level since covid, decreasing lottery chances. Maybe it was 100% fluke, but after failing for years, then hitting like that, I felt like there must have been something in the algorithm that helped my chances vs being part of the masses asking for 4
I only ever ask for two to practice rounds and have been skunked for over 10 years. I dont think there is any rhyme or reason to winning the lottery.

I agree there is more demand since 2020. I think there were more winners this year than since covid because we finally got through all the backlogged stuff from no patrons in 2020, limited patrons in 2021, and the rainouts in 2022.

I still maintain my position that they should make you pay in full up front for all the tickets you request in the lottery. I think that would cut down vastly on the amount of people who enter just hoping to resell. Augusta National can easily handle the accounting and logistics of that IMO.
William Larue Weller
AG
That's awesome, hope y'all have a blast!
aginlakeway
AG
It's actually easy to get a ticket to the Masters. It just takes some cash. I'm not trying to be funny. It's just a fact. If you want to go that bad, you can go anytime your want. It just depends on what you want to spend your entertainment dollar on. I know people who spend a lot more on other hobbies.

Or for free ... wait outside the gate, and after 2 p.m. or so, ask to use someone's badge as they are leaving.
aginlakeway
AG

Wife and daughter have a merchandise shop budget. Let's see if they stay within it!
William Larue Weller
AG
I've tried this approach too, and no luck. I know a lottery is a lottery, so the chance of winning is always low. But 20 straight years of being shut out while others win multiple times is just frustrating.
William Larue Weller
AG
aginlakeway said:

Wife and daughter have a merchandise shop budget. Let's see if they stay within it!

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.