2024 Masters

9,533 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Jock 07
ScarmardoAg19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ags,

Looking to get tickets for the week this year. Wife is hosting clients for the tournament so I'll only need 1. Let me know if you anyone has options! Willing to buy multiple sets to complete the week out.
BostonAg
AG
One of my buddies did something like this for teh past year. He raves about the experience. Apparently they stayed a country club don the road and had access to booze and food at the club and shuttle rider to and fro. I can swear this was th one but sounded like he had a blast

Master's Packages

JCA1
AG
If you need tickets for the week, you're going to have to get on Stubhub and buy them. Be prepared to pay $1500-$2000 per day for tournament days and $700-$1500 per day for practice days.

Not trying to be rude but Masters tickets are probably the hottest ticket in sports and no one has any extras lying around that they'll sell to a fellow Ag for anything less than market value.
AustinCountyAg
I am sure he understands that. Pretty sure he was just hoping to make an easy transaction with someone reliable (an aggie) for an easy purchase. Literally every year there are people here selling tickets it seems like.
ScarmardoAg19
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

I am sure he understands that. Pretty sure he was just hoping to make an easy transaction with someone reliable (an aggie) for an easy purchase. Literally every year there are people here selling tickets it seems like.

Bingo
aggiederelict
I got one ticket for sale. Monday April 8th practice round. Email me at ben@axiompt.com to see if we can make it work.
aginlakeway
AG
PLEASE be very careful when buying second hand Masters tickets.

(1) You are likely screwed if the round is rained out. The original badge holder will get the chance to buy a replacement badge for 2025, but if you are the second-hand buyer, you are very likely SOL.

(2) If the Masters finds out about the sale, the original badge holder will be banned for life.

I would ONLY sell a Masters badge to someone I knew would give it back to me, and have a prior understanding of what will happen if the round is washed out.

A friend of mine a few years ago bought a second-hand practice ticket in 2022 for $1000. He was SOL when the round was rained out.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
I Am A Critic
aginlakeway said:

(1) You are likely screwed if the round is rained out. The original badge holder will get the chance to buy a replacement badge for 2025, but if you are the second-hand buyer, you are very likely SOL.

(2) If the Masters finds out about the sale, the original badge holder will be banned for life.

I would ONLY sell a Masters badge to someone I knew would give it back to me, and have a prior understanding of what will happen if the round is washed out.

A friend of mine a few years ago bought a second-hand practice ticket in 2022 for $1000. He was SOL when the round was rained out.

So you're saying only go if you win the lottery?
Username checks out.
aginlakeway
AG
I Am A Critic said:

aginlakeway said:

So you're saying only go if you win the lottery?

No. I am saying only buy from someone you know, or from someone you have an agreement with as far as a refund if the round is washed out.

Only the original badge holder is protected if the round is washed out.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
JCA1
AG
ScarmardoAg19 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

Bingo

Fair enough. Again, I wasn't trying to be a Richard but it seems like there's also posts on here every year by people who don't understand how tough of a ticket this is. Best of luck and hope you track down tickets.
ScarmardoAg19
AG
Bump.
belowpar
AG
Removing message.
ScarmardoAg19
ScarmardoAg19
AG
Bump. Hoping to find before next month
austinag1997
AG
Stubhub 4 day passes are between $6k and $10k

Dayum. Guess I will wait to hit the ticket lottery.
Tramp96
My brother and I are going this year. Going as guests with a family that has had tickets ever since they first started issuing tickets, long before the lottery was created. I'm guessing they've had these tickets for well over 65+ years.

Face value on the tickets is $112.50 per person, per day.

I can't wait. I'm not ashamed to admit that I will probably be shedding some tears as I walk onto those hallowed grounds for the first time.
JCA1
AG
Taste of the Masters just went live if anyone is interested.

https://www.masters.com/tasteofthemasters
SW AG80
AG
It is an unbelievable experience. Soak in every moment.
Aggie95
AG
Someone just invited me to the Map and Flag at the Masters....is that any good?
cr06gis
AG
Ill be at Monday practice round with my dad (his first time). Missing the total eclipse at home, but oh well...
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Aggie95 said:

Someone just invited me to the Map and Flag at the Masters....is that any good?

Probably not it's only 17K per ticket and given out by ANGC.
Lonestarandi
AG
If you choose to go this route, we did the 1018 club for my dad's 70th birthday in 2017. I had to spend to guarantee we could go. We had a great experience all around and no regrets.
cab559
AG
Not to derail, but I just got offered 2 weekend passes (Sat/Sun badge). Any advice on travel from Houston and accommodations on such a short notice?

I have never been, so obviously not about to pass this up, but have no idea where to start. Budget not really a concern right now.

TIA
Saucerito
AG
Is there still going to be an annual "official" masters thread? I don't think there was one last year. I have some questions about attendance but was planning on putting it on that thread.
Jock 07
AG
cr06gis said:

Ill be at Monday practice round with my dad (his first time). Missing the total eclipse at home, but oh well...
It's gonna be cloudy anyhow.
Jock 07
AG
Saucerito said:

Is there still going to be an annual "official" masters thread? I don't think there was one last year. I have some questions about attendance but was planning on putting it on that thread.

Same I'm going Wed, maybe we turn this into the official thread?
CashinOut
AG
I had someone back out of one of our Wednesday tickets. Could I really get the $3,000 SeatGeek has them listed for?
Ag_07
AG
CashinOut said:

I had someone back out of one of our Wednesday tickets. Could I really get the $3,000 SeatGeek has them listed for?

Probably but if you're using the remainder of the tickets I'd avoid secondary market.

I wouldn't risk the tickets I'm using being voided.
Jock 07
AG
So what exactly are the rules on resales? We almost had one of our folks back out but wound up fixing stuff so I'm using all 4. But when I thought I was going to have to get rid of one I couldn't really find any clear guidelines on the internet after a cursory look. Especially since I still don't physically have them yet.
lazuras_dc
AG
So what's the worst case scenario? Someone you sell tickets to gets in trouble there. Angc they scans their pass and realizes it's your acct that comes up and you're banned ?

Do the sellers on stubhub etc not care about this since they might see this sale as a once in a lifetime type thing and making a big payday?
Ag_07
AG
Pretty sure the rules on resale is you're not allowed to do it and if you're caught you're banned for life.

It's not a big deal of you're selling all your tickets and it doesn't make a difference if you get busted but a different story if you're using some and selling some.

What if whoever you sell to on Seat Geek resales it again and they get popped and you show up to use your tickets and find out you're not allowed.

That's a big roll of the dice. I'd just find someone else to go with me or sell to someone you know.
aginlakeway
AG
I may end up with an extra for Monday.

I'll know the week before.
aginlakeway
AG
Ag_07 said:

Pretty sure the rules on resale is you're not allowed to do it and if you're caught you're banned for life.

It's not a big deal of you're selling all your tickets and it doesn't make a difference if you get busted but a different story if you're using some and selling some.

What if whoever you sell to on Seat Geek resales it again and they get popped and you show up to use your tickets and find out you're not allowed.

That's a big roll of the dice. I'd just find someone else to go with me or sell to someone you know.

I've never resold my tickets for more than face. And i have been many times. I just give them away to people I know AND ask for the ticket back, so I have proof that I maintained them.

It's not worth the risk of a lifetime ban.

Same with buying extra merchandise and reselling. It's not worth the risk to me.
AgBQ-00
AG
Can you not buy merch for someone else? Or are they just wanting to make sure no one is buying it and reselling for a profit?
aginlakeway
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Can you not buy merch for someone else? Or are they just wanting to make sure no one is buying it and reselling for a profit?

What I am saying is that I won't buy extra merchandise and resell it.

I know people do it. Companies do it. I just won't do it. I have a female friend who bought 4 purses a few years ago at 250 each. She doubled her money on ebay within a week. You could make a small fortune doing that if you wanted to with hats or shirts or anything. I just choose not to do that.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.