Anyone had a fitting at PXG Houston?

7,678 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Johnny Foosball
clobby
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have only played 2 rounds with my 5w but so far it is one of my favorites in the bag.
Johnny Foosball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just wanted to give this thread a bump to share my experience with my PXG fitting in Austin a few days ago. I booked an iron fitting at Golfinity and it was excellent. The fitter was very knowledgeable and 0 attempt at upselling.

I went in thinking I would grab the Gen 5 XP's at the fairly discounted pricing and after a few swings he said I needed to be hitting the P's. Tried numerous shafts and lengths and got all my specs locked in to where I was absolutely piping the ball. I actually ended up with the 0211's as I was hitting them just as good (if not better) than the Gen 5's. He recommended saving the $40 per club as the 0211's perform incredibly. He said the running joke with the fitters is that PXG made the 0211's too good and it is hurting the sales for the flagship irons.

For $89 per club it is without a doubt the best bang for buck out there.

Quick questions for those that are more use to the fitting process - He spec'd mine out at "swing weight" +2 - What does this mean? Does it make the clubs heavier? What does that say about my swing?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.