Golf simulator

8,043 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Braxton.Sherrill
schwabbin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How did it turn out?
slaughtr
AG
My requirements were that my enclosure had to be able to roll up easily because my golf simulator space will double as my exercise room. My setup so far is:

The Sportscreen 16 ft manual crank roller, cut down to 13 ft, with a 13 x 10 ft preferred impact screen from The Indoor Golf shop ($329 plus $449)
The Sportscreen 10 ft manual crank screen and roller for side screen ($259 minus $29 with discount coupon)
The Sportscreen 16 ft bracket assembly to mount all on walls and ceiling ($170).

So a complete roll away enclosure for $1200 that rolls up in less than 5 minutes (You can buy motorized versions of the 16 ft and 10 ft for an extra $250 each).

clobby
AG
NICE
Killin Me Smalls
AG
That's funny. I have that same "Gladiator Wall" + TRX in my garage gym.
slaughtr
AG
I love that thing. Great for strength and stretching. Company in Boise, where I live, run by ex Bulgarian wrestler.
slaughtr
AG
Thanks!
I added an OptimaGT1080HDR projector ($799), but so far I haven't purchased the launch monitor. Looking at all options. I need to find a way to stretch the screen at the bottom to smooth wrinkles. Maybe D-rings in the concrete on each side connected with a quick bungie. The screen and side screen will be connected with 4 inch wide velcro.
clobby
AG
Not sure if its a legit concern but would repeat hits on a taut screen increase the likely hood of it tearing?
slaughtr
AG
Good question, plus it might produce more bounce back, which there is virtually none now. Maybe just a looser securing bungee. Most screens are designed to be flat. Luckily, I'm old and I don't hit the ball hard enough to tear it, lol.
investorAg83
AG
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ca-Ehn1DEhfQKCkLA6ueO6HKkfIlKaILSpW0Fw0/?utm_medium=copy_link

This has to be an Ag with the Manziel jersey on display right??
schwabbin
AG
That looks awesome
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
investorAg83 said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ca-Ehn1DEhfQKCkLA6ueO6HKkfIlKaILSpW0Fw0/?utm_medium=copy_link

This has to be an Ag with the Manziel jersey on display right??
That looks awesome. Maybe it's the perspective, but man I feel like I'd be taking out the ceiling and those wood panels since the hitting mat looks like its so far back.
Leander - Ag
AG
Waiting for sky trak to go on sale …
BEaggie08
AG
this is the one I'm dreaming about:

https://shop.foresightsports.com/collections/sim-in-a-box/products/sim-in-a-box-albatross-package

jj9000
AG
BEaggie08 said:

this is the one I'm dreaming about:

https://shop.foresightsports.com/collections/sim-in-a-box/products/sim-in-a-box-albatross-package

Well, I have the mat he's hitting off of in a box, and For Sale, in my Sim room.
ZosoAg
AG
For those that have a Skytrak, I see that it can have difficulty with accuracy outdoors, but would a covered patio cause issues or is the issue more when you are in direct sunlight?
Braxton.Sherrill
AG
I would highly suggest Gspro. Software is great and courses seem to be added daily.

I have FSX, and TGC and gspro blows them out of the water.

If any of y'all are already on gspro, let's setup some rounds.

Braxton.Sherrill
AG
ZosoAg said:

For those that have a Skytrak, I see that it can have difficulty with accuracy outdoors, but would a covered patio cause issues or is the issue more when you are in direct sunlight?

I had issues in a dark room with a spotlight on the ball with my skytrak. I'd look at the bushnell branded gc3 for $1k more.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.