Golf simulator

8,047 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Braxton.Sherrill
Trout
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking at golf simulators . Budget 5k or so.
Anyone have one or recommend anything in that range?
TXAGGIES
It's doable for $5k but if you bump that budget up you would be much happier with the final product.

I am still trying to convince my wife that we need one.
jj9000
AG
https://www.carlofet.com/

https://www.carlofet.com/blog/5k-budget-golf-simulator-room-challenge-series

https://golfsimulatorforum.com/
khaos288
AG
HUGE difference between a 5k and 7k budget. With 7k you can get a used high end simulator device, and then piece together the accessories.

5k, and you probably just go skytrak and a nice accessory set and call it a day.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Where in your house will you set it up?
booradley
AG
My setup:

Skytrak. $2500
Net return net. $800
iPad Pro to run simulator. $1600
Fiber built mat. $900
Total. Approx $5700

Extremely satisfied. Does everything I really need plus more that I'll never learn to utilize.

My pricing numbers may be off. I bought the mat used.

Just my 2 cents. I'm glad I didn't spend more.

But would love to know what I'm missing for more money….
Trout
khaos288 said:

HUGE difference between a 5k and 7k budget. With 7k you can get a used high end simulator device, and then piece together the accessories.

5k, and you probably just go skytrak and a nice accessory set and call it a day.

If it's that big a difference I can go 7k
Trout
AggieDruggist89 said:

I have a 40x30 shop behind my house with some extra room, it's got internet ans utilities so I'm pretty flexible on space
AggieDruggist89
AG
Trout said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

I have a 40x30 shop behind my house with some extra room, it's got internet ans utilities so I'm pretty flexible on space

Nice!

I have a skytrak that I set up in garage along with 2 couches and weight sets etc.

I couldn't set it up inside of the house because we are on a crawl space and the vibration from the hit would pretty loud throughout the floor.

The set up takes up about 20x30' including the couches and weights and the ceiling height is 11'.

I have a cage with 1 inch steel pipe set up with heavy duty net and a baffle and it's 10x9x5. (about $300) I have a commercial grade 5x6 mat I bought on sale for less than $200 before covid.

I had an old iPad mini (need ios 13 and newer) hooked up to a 55 inch DLP TV that's 16 years old.

It serves my purpose. When buddies come over, we have a blast hitting balls and having beers. But I typically hit few hundred balls per session.
I think I have less than 3K invested and the set up is going on year 4.

khaos288
AG
Trout said:

khaos288 said:

If it's that big a difference I can go 7k
if I could go back in time, that's what I would have done. I actually just trimmed it all down to bare essentials with skytrack/ipad/net/mat.

If I started all over though, I'd put it in the house, nicer sim, etc, and it definitely could be done with good planning.
Trout
Went with the white tee package from Carl's

https://shop.carlofet.com/simulators-and-kits/golf-simulators/white-tee
clobby
AG
That looks awesome
74Ag1
AG
booradley said:

My setup:

Skytrak. $2500
Net return net. $800
iPad Pro to run simulator. $1600
Fiber built mat. $900
Total. Approx $5700

Extremely satisfied. Does everything I really need plus more that I'll never learn to utilize.

My pricing numbers may be off. I bought the mat used.

Just my 2 cents. I'm glad I didn't spend more.

But would love to know what I'm missing for more money….

Building new house on golf course that allows you to have your own cart. Was thinking of setting up in last bay of garage.
1) Is it setup in garage?
2) size (LxWxH)
3) if in garage do you have a a/c for that area?
Thanks
74Ag1
AG
Trout said:

Went with the white tee package from Carl's

https://shop.carlofet.com/simulators-and-kits/golf-simulators/white-tee

What size room does that require?
Thanks
74Ag1
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Trout said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Nice!

I have a skytrak that I set up in garage along with 2 couches and weight sets etc.

I couldn't set it up inside of the house because we are on a crawl space and the vibration from the hit would pretty loud throughout the floor.

The set up takes up about 20x30' including the couches and weights and the ceiling height is 11'.

I have a cage with 1 inch steel pipe set up with heavy duty net and a baffle and it's 10x9x5. (about $300) I have a commercial grade 5x6 mat I bought on sale for less than $200 before covid.

I had an old iPad mini (need ios 13 and newer) hooked up to a 55 inch DLP TV that's 16 years old.

It serves my purpose. When buddies come over, we have a blast hitting balls and having beers. But I typically hit few hundred balls per session.
I think I have less than 3K invested and the set up is going on year 4.

1) is the cage 10H x 5W x 9D?
2) net inside cage?
3) area air conditioned?
4) My garage will have 10' ceilings. Will that work?
Thanks
AggieDruggist89
AG
74Ag1 said:

1) is the cage 10H x 5W x 9D?
2) net inside cage?
3) area air conditioned?
4) My garage will have 10' ceilings. Will that work?
Thanks

1. 9H x 10W x 5D. I can make it 10x10x10. You can make it any size as you just need to get a small hacksaw and cut the pipes to your liking. The cimmaron cage kit sells the corners and net and baffle. Pipes are from home depot. You can certainly turn this cage into white hitting screen and black covers.

2. Yes, the net is designed for 10x10x10 so I have it folded and it actually covers the entire cage. The baffle is super heavy duty and that's what absorbs the impact.

3. No AC, but I'm in Northern Cal and the garage is insulated. Not too bad.

4. 10ft ceiling should be fine unless you're 6'2" with a super upright swing with no wrist cock on backswing.

This takes up 2 car bay. One car bay would be tight.
AggieDruggist89
AG
I actually bought the cage kit for almost nothing on ebay. 3.5 years ago.

https://www.cimarronsports.com/productcategories/100000098/golf-nets-and-frames/
74Ag1
AG
Thanks a bunch
74Ag1
AG
Thanks for the information
Trout
My kit should be in Saturday. Gimme a week and I should have it setup and pics available
jj9000
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

I actually bought the cage kit for almost nothing on ebay. 3.5 years ago.

https://www.cimarronsports.com/productcategories/100000098/golf-nets-and-frames/

I have the 10x10x10 net and archery baffle (the $249 first option in that link). The archery baffle is really sturdy. If someone in DFW wants a cheaper option, I'd let mine go for $100 face-to-face. Then all you really need are the brackets, and 1" EMT from Lowes/Home Depot.

Edit...if you wanted to build the cage out inexpensively...you could order (6) 3-way brackets...and (2) 2-way brackets for under $100 (the same thing they have in the bracket package). Then add EMT cut to your specs for super cheap...and you've got a full cage for under $200.

https://www.cimarronsports.com/products/22536/masters-frame-replacement-parts/
bpaggie01
AG
Take a look at The Indoor Golf Shop. Great company in Celina -

https://shopindoorgolf.com/
Trout
I should have the rest of my setup min monday. Will post pics when done
JobSecurity
AG
If anybody has a lead on an R10 that isn't $200 over MSRP I'd love to know about it so I can start getting my own sim together
AggieDruggist89
AG
Dude, what don't you have???
jj9000
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Dude, what don't you have???

Time.
Talent.

....I could go on.
E
AG
That can't be your sim... there isnt a pile of MISIG's on the corner
AggieDruggist89
AG
Affiliate marketer doesn't need inventory!

All joking aside, I don't get a commission on TexAgs MISIG sale. I believe in the product and I would rather y'all get the discount.
E
AG
I appreciate that! I actually bought one last week and the TexAgs discount still worked! Just hope I'm swing it right and don't make my slice worse
Leander - Ag
AG
Any feedback on skytrack ? Worth the money?
retiredintx
AG
Golfsimulatorforum.com is a great resource for product comparisons. Several places on YouTube also that compares all things launch monitors
DannyDuberstein
AG
Leander - Ag said:

I've owned one for 2 years and it has been well worth it. Captures my ball flight very accurately. One of the things I've liked most about it is how it gives the degree of clubface open or closed and a measure of the sidespin. Gives you a great understanding of why your ball flight is doing what it's doing. Obviously gives you ball speed and launch angle as well, and then shows you the shot shape, distance, distance offline. I've just found the face angle and sidespin particularly helpful for fine-tuning my swing
JCA1
AG
Leander - Ag said:

I've been looking into skytrak versus Mevo+. Best I can tell, their accuracy are about the same, and your preference will largely come down to how you want to use it. Skytrak apparently works better indoors. Mevo+ apparently works better outdoors. I'm leaning Mevo+ because I'm a lefty and I don't want to have to move everything around every time a buddy comes over.
JCA1
AG
Also, Titleist now makes the ProV1 RCTs. They are specifically designed for radar based launch monitors and they have a thin metal band in the ball to help the monitor pick it up. No more stickers.
DannyDuberstein
AG
You need about 20 feet front-to-back for Mevo+ to work properly inside. That's a pretty good stretch. Skytrak basically just enough room to swing and an extra 2 feet from the ball across from you.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.