Tiger Documentary

9,227 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TresPuertas
cab559
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sure, I am unoriginal in thought. I saw his tweet or whatever but I had thought the same when watching part 2 and hadn't seen it posted here yet.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
watching part 1 and a strange thing stuck out to me. it's interesting seeing the news in the 90's and their approach to race which seemed fair and actually optimistic. speaking about how white america embraced him and was "thrilled with, and for, tiger woods."

those clips are intertwined with the current day journalists (si writer and gumble) calling that exuberance for a black man "a myth", etc. just highlights how divisive the press has become.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
the strange sounding handwritten form letter to break up with his first girlfriend was right on brand for robot tiger.

freaking hilarious.
Duckhook
AG
ruddyduck said:

the strange sounding handwritten form letter to break up with his first girlfriend was right on brand for robot tiger.

freaking hilarious.

I thought the same thing.

"I am writing to inform you......"

Sounded to me like it was dictated by his parents, based on the timing as related by the family friend.
Thisguy1
I just assumed his parents actually wrote it
Duckhook
AG
Thisguy1 said:

I just assumed his parents actually wrote it

Yeah, I mean "dictated" in the sense that they told him exactly what to write, not just "dictated" to him to break up with the girl.
Mr.Bond
AG
Gumble is ****in obnoxious and I get tired of the race stuff like most.

"My grandkids are 15 percent black, so your damn right I make them say they're African American...." insert eye roll.

I completely forgot about tiger saying he was cablasian or whatever on Oprah. You could hear a pin drop
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

TresPuertas
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Gumble is ****in obnoxious and I get tired of the race stuff like most.

"My grandkids are 15 percent black, so your damn right I make them say they're African American...." insert eye roll.

I completely forgot about tiger saying he was cablasian or whatever on Oprah. You could hear a pin drop
He's up there for the worst journalist in sports with Jamele Hill. All he sees is race in all things. Hes obsessed with it.

And bringing it up, it annoyed the hell out of me that they made a huge deal about Tiger being an outcast because of his color, yet say absolutely nothing about the entire nation embracing him as the undisputed king of sports. It was absurd and extremely transparent what they were trying to do.

And I'll say this out loud. I don't hate Tiger, but I don't love him, and it isn't really his fault. The reason he drives me nuts is the media obsession with him. The PGA is probably my second favorite sport, behind College FB and the way the media is obsessive with him, and can't stop talking about him drives me crazy. There is so much about the sport that needs to be talked about on a week to week basis and every week, even if he's not playing, hes the first person discussed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.