Tiger Documentary

9,223 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TresPuertas
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

BigHitterDaLama
Dont remember the chick's name at 1.28 mark but she was on the holly s. starter kit back in the day.
Mr.Bond
AG
BigHitterDaLama said:

Dont remember the chick's name at 1.28 mark but she was on the holly s. starter kit back in the day.
"Thats MY Tiger"

LMAO
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Oso96
AG
Her name is Rachel Uchitel
DannyDuberstein
AG
BigHitterDaLama
Oso96 said:

Her name is Rachel Uchitel
Yes Yes Yes......the facial work has not been kind.
Thisguy1
Seen a lot of stuff on social media that this doc is gonna suck.

https://instagr.am/p/CJq-FHYlIX7
AustinCountyAg
Thisguy1 said:

Seen a lot of stuff on social media that this doc is gonna suck.

https://instagr.am/p/CJq-FHYlIX7
seen a lot on social media that this documentary is more about his personal life than his golf. guess what, he's done a lot of ****ed up stuff in his life and its worth highlighting and documenting considering his presence across the globe.

not all documentaries have to be about stroking a guy off on how great he/she is. all these "celeb's" condemning it are simply doing so to save face for Tiger so that he won't black ball them for an interview, etc.

I can't wait to watch it. I find his whole rise and fall entertaining, which to me is the point of watching tv, entertainment.
Thisguy1
Old Town Ag
AG
Do you know which course consistently gives Tiger the most trouble?
Intercourse!
aggiegolfer03
AG
All i know is that I have made a killing on some 2001 UD golf singles I had collecting dust. Thanks covid and documentaries.
CatD11Ag
AG
HBO - curious how the libs at HBO handle this. On the one hand he is African American. On the other he has played golf with Trump and received the Medal of Freedom.

Guessing Tiger is way too capitalist for the commies at HBO. After all, in golf you win you get paid. How horrible is that!
AgfromHOU
AG
I'm curious as to why you people always have to bring politics into something that has nothing to do with politics.

I'm someone you'd probably consider a liberal commie (which couldn't be further from the truth, but I digress), and I'm very much looking forward to watching this documentary.
AnchorageAg
AG
Pretty meh... mostly consisted of people that haven't been close to the family in years (presumably) taking some cash to give up dirt on him and his relationship with earl. After watching last dance a few months back the bar was set high and this was bound to disappoint

I'll dvr next week to see all of the wh*res come out of the woodwork and tell wild stories...but I won't be itching to watch it live Sunday night..
oldschool87
AG
I thought it was really good. The dynamics of the force that is tiger and the hysteria behind it. His dad built tiger, but no spoiler, that relationship is really interesting and the vet it. It all makes sense.

I have said this many times and you can go thru history and find a 100 examples. Every person will have a child hood. If you take a persons child hood away as a child. They will still have a child hood. It may be at 15, 20, 25 or 30 but they will have a childhood.

Marinivich? Starting QB at USC, never had a candy bar till college, never allowed to do anything, quit, started a band.

Brittany Spears, Michael Jackson, etc... etc...

Tiger woods did not get a childhood, he played golf. The girls were his escape... I thought it was good and fair. It ended with no spoiler, with girl #1 saying, now what do you want me to talk about? Her lips look like they were stung by the entire beehive...

Pretty sure Part 2, about to get nasty...

In fairness, how he has kept winning and keeping all of that out of golf is truly amazing.
WhoopN06
Biggest take away for me was a reminder of what an absolute rocket Elin was back in the day.

Frick the Texags image filter.
TresPuertas
AG
AgfromHOU said:

I'm curious as to why you people always have to bring politics into something that has nothing to do with politics.

I'm someone you'd probably consider a liberal commie (which couldn't be further from the truth, but I digress), and I'm very much looking forward to watching this documentary.

Yeah. But to be fair they made the first hour of this thing solely about race and racism in the game. It was inevitable this was going to get racial/political, and as predicted, it certainly was.

Nevermind that of all the "racism" Tiger experienced he is one of, if not the most, beloved pro athlete in the world.

But all that aside, let's talk about the doc.

As someone above posted, if this was going to turn into another jerk session I wouldn't have watched this. Tiger gets fellated enough my the media, to the point that a lot about him has been hidden from reality. It's the reason I don't like tiger. And it isnt even really his fault. I HATE the media coverage of the guy.

The interesting and most telling part of this is about Earl. Everyone knew he was a megalomaniac, but even I was surprised about some of the stuff. I went to high school with a PGA golfer and would see him out at the course all the time after school, but nobody really knew the kid because his dad was much like Earl.

Golf was his entire life and his father made sure that every waking hour was devoted to it. No social life, no friends, no dances, no parties. Literally school and golf. I guess that's what it takes. And, of course, predictably, after great start to his career and 10 good years on tour the guy marries the first piece of Ass who he meets and his career hits the toilet.

The thing that was the most telling in this wasnt about Earl being a controlling sports parent, hell, we all knew that. It was him being such a sleazy POS, cheating on his wife in front of Tiger. It's no wonder Tiger fell the way he did. It makes a lot more sense after seeing this.

Also, the cliffhanger at the end of Ep 1 was brilliant.
Poot
Who is Hunter Mahan?

I thought the doc got good about 25-30 minutes in. I learned some stuff I didn't know... like Tiger's Mom actively calling Phil "Hefty."

Earl's womanizing has been no secret, and it had been hinted at that he didn't exactly hide it... but it sounds like it was pretty brazen. And to flaunt it in front of your best friend... errrrrr kid? Trash.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Loved the doc and can't wait for next week. Should be very interesting bc this definitely isn't a puff piece.

Always knew earl was crazy and controlling, but the doc hints at just how crazy and controlling he really was, early on in tiger's life and even when tiger was in college. Him getting so upset that Tiger spent a night with his girlfriend in college, etc. They did a great job of having him creepily be in the background of all the shots of tiger.
oldschool87
AG

A Winnebago and a Waffle house, is truly all that is needed!!!!

Wow!
TresPuertas
AG
Poot said:

Who is Hunter Mahan?
Old School Brother
TresPuertas said:

Poot said:

Who is Hunter Mahan?

Haha, I guessed this too. My college roommate went to the same high school. He was a few years older, but his younger sister and Hunter were the male and female athletes of the year at their school.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
TresPuertas said:

Poot said:

Who is Hunter Mahan?

what's the mahan reference for those of us who haven't seen it yet?
TresPuertas
AG
Check my post above. Just drawing the parallel between golf dads
TresPuertas
AG
Old School Brother said:

TresPuertas said:

Poot said:

Who is Hunter Mahan?

Haha, I guessed this too. My college roommate went to the same high school. He was a few years older, but his younger sister and Hunter were the male and female athletes of the year at their school.

I'm pretty sure I know who you are talking about. Another golfer gal?
Gyles Marrett
I must be lost on the Mahan reference too....we saying he was another one that didn't have a childhood and was molded to be a pro golfer? Just trying to put together the point behind that name drop.
TresPuertas
AG
Correct. I got to witness it first hand. Just saying that part of Tigers story isn't particularly original.

What made tiger what he is was his dad was a world class slime bag and his mom didn't help either. She was a killer
G-Town Cracker
AG
just to further derail this thread, my best friend from A&M graduated with Mahan
DannyDuberstein
AG
I have a good friend who played against Tiger many times as a junior golfer. This guy won a state championship in HS, played college golf, then knocked around on the mini-tours for 3 years before getting an actual job leveraging his accounting degree (which I met him when we became coworkers around 2002). His main stories about Tiger were just how isolated he was. Essentially zero social interaction with other kids. He'd be off in his own world with his Walkman, he'd go chow down at Mrs Fields cookies on his own, etc. He doesn't have any ****-talking stories about him, just that no one knew him since his only friend seemed fo be Earl.

I haven't watched these episodes yet, but it sounds like that came across.
Old School Brother
TresPuertas said:

Old School Brother said:

TresPuertas said:

Poot said:

Who is Hunter Mahan?

I'm pretty sure I know who you are talking about. Another golfer gal?
No, she played volleyball and basketball.
Big Al 1992
AG
The folks interviewed in the doc -
First High School girlfriend
Family friend
Former Caddie who Tiger fired
Sports Illustrated writer
Bryant Gumbel
His first floozy
A list of people who haven't been really close to Tiger for some time. Very meh so far.
Big Al 1992
AG
They do talk about enormous expectations and pressure which is why Tiger is the GOAT.
He exceeded just about every expectation and did it with all that pressure

Win the US Amatuer - check - did it 3 times
Will he do well enough to earn his PGA card after going pro late in the season - check - wins tournament and is in top 30 of the money list his first year
Win the Masters - check - sets all time record and then wins a few more times
Win career grand slam - check - and does it again holding all 4 at the same time
Still fun to watch his highlights.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Of all of his accomplishments, what he did across the US Jr Am and the US Am may be his greatest IMO. Only takes one off day or one day against someone playing great where you have to play even better, or it's over.
WhoopN06
DannyDuberstein said:

Of all of his accomplishments, what he did across the US Jr Am and the US Am may be his greatest IMO. Only takes one off day or one day against someone playing great where you have to play even better, or it's over.
Agree. Heck i think he played pretty well in 96 and would have lost to Steve Scott if Scott hadn't reminded him to move his mark back.
Gig-Em2003
AG
WhoopN06 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Agree. Heck i think he played pretty well in 96 and would have lost to Steve Scott if Scott hadn't reminded him to move his mark back.

Someone knows their Tiger history!
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.