Houston Oaks

15,347 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Aggie369
turfaggie24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm interested in playing with the TexAgs group. Saw it a few years ago before it opened. Those oak trees are some of the prettiest things I've ever seen
Chip Douglas
Great course and facilities. What is the young executive membership running out there?
Exsurge Domine
Chip Douglas said:

Great course and facilities. What is the young executive membership running out there?

It is $55,000 initiation, BUT you get to pay it at 1/4 year for 4 years. The dues are $500/mo and $350/quarter food and beverage minimum which is almost negligible as I play golf about 6-8 times a month and easily spend $20 a round on beer and food.

They also gave me 3 months free for their summer promotion.
HouAggie
AG
Any equity in that? As in, if you leave and your membership is filled, will you get anything back? Is there an additional upgrade fee when you turn 40 and become a full member?

How many golf members?
Exsurge Domine
HouAggie said:

Any equity in that? As in, if you leave and your membership is filled, will you get anything back? Is there an additional upgrade fee when you turn 40 and become a full member?

How many golf members?

No equity, and while I'm classified as a Junior Executive member, it has the privileges of a Full Golf membership and there isn't an additional increase when I turn 40, which is what made it so attractive.

I'm not sure how many full golf members there are
turfaggie24
AG
What is the National or non-resident rate?
DoubleE65
AG
Loved the property and course.

jja79
AG
Send me an email. I'll be contacting everyone next week to set it up. I won't be playing but my teenager might.
jonj101
I just sent an email - hope I can get in. Thanks for offering this.

Not trying to thread jack, and its been a while, but I posted a thread sometime ago for those who are interested in hosting groups at their clubs. This would allow some of us who want to check out and appreciate other clubs to do so, as well as connect them with those of us who are interested in hosting.

Of course, all of this is contingent on interest, scheduling and proper etiquette, etc. But if anyone else is interested in doing this lets do it. Last time I didn't get much interest.
DoubleE65
AG
I'm the MGA President at Pebble Creek CC in CS and would be happy to host any and all in our weekend skins game + best ball team games we have.
giddings_ag_06
AG
That sounds awesome.
ElCheAg
AG
E-mail sent. Thanks a ton!
jja79
AG
I just sent an email to everyone who had emailed me. If you had emailed me and didn't get an email from me please reach out again.

If anyone who hasn't emailed me is interested my email is on my profile.

Looks like 10-12 will be in the group.
Exsurge Domine
DoubleE65 said:

I'm the MGA President at Pebble Creek CC in CS and would be happy to host any and all in our weekend skins game + best ball team games we have.

I'll make that drive. Just lemme know
ElCheAg
AG
Will Mr. Bond be allowed with that Baylol bold putter of his tomorrow?

See y'all tomorrow, fellas.
Mr.Bond
AG
ElCheAg said:

Will Mr. Bond be allowed with that Baylol bold putter of his tomorrow?

See y'all tomorrow, fellas.

Assuming my broken toe doesn't get any worse you bet your ass I'll be there and I know you're excited but getting there a day early seems a bit excessive
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Ag_07
AG
Quote:

getting there a day early seems a bit excessive

Thank God...I about soiled myself

Mr.Bond
ElCheAg
AG
The anticipation got the better of me.

See y'all Saturday.
Exsurge Domine
Where are you guys at? Im waiting on everyone in the pro shop
AustinCountyAg
what kind of shape is the course in right now? Looks like I might have the chance to finally get out there and play the course with a friend who's a member over the Christmas holidays. Been wanting to get out there for years and dates have never lined up when I've had the invites.
jja79
AG
Several greens were redone after the February freeze. They did it right and they're top notch. Mid-Am and Big 12 Match play were there the last 90 days and I didn't hear anything but good feedback. Make sure you take the cart over to the gun club if that's something you like. I'm biased but I think it's a pretty great place.
jja79
AG
Tell your friend/host to call the golf shop and have them set you up a locker for the day.

Don't go long on 3.

No straight putts.
BigLeftMiss08
AG
Im pretty sure you have told me this every time we have played there and every time I am long right. Dead as a duck.

Its a remarkable place!
AustinCountyAg
going out to play this weekend. What kind of shape is the course in right now?
evestor1
AustinCountyAg said:

going out to play this weekend. What kind of shape is the course in right now?
my guess is 'like a billion dollars'

i have never seen it even slightly off this time of year.
Aggie369
AG
Was out yesterday

Course is in good shape...it finally dried out some. Greens were better yesterday than a couple weeks ago when they hosted big 12 match play in my opinion
AustinCountyAg
Greens were super slick yesterday. Great track. Second shot course for sure.
Aggie369
AG
100%

If greens finally got firm its all about ur approach shots. Very fair off the tee
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.