Brendon Todd!!

2,157 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by agsalaska
agsalaska
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, this guy as of 2:06 central time has a one stroke lead on the back 9 at the RSM Classic.

Before the season began Todd, who is 34, had played 171 tournaments with one win(2014 Byron Nelson), zero 2nd or 3rd, and only 13 other top 10s. 85 cuts 93 missed cuts and about 6.5 million dollars in earnings.

His last full season on tour was 2016 when he played 29 events and missed 25 cuts.
In 2019 he managed 11 starts and made $252,000. He got his card back thru the Korn Ferry playoffs.

He started his 2020 campaign with 5 straight missed cuts shooting a combined +1

Then he goes to Houston and ties for 28th. He did this after an opening round 76.

Since Friday at Houston he has shot 67-74-66-68-63-67-62-63-68-65-68-66-66

He has won two tournaments in a row, The Bermuda Championship and the Mayakoba Championship. He is going to be playing tomorrow for three in a row.

I dont think I have ever heard of anything like this. It is the most amazing story in American sports right now. I am guessing he sold his soul to the devil. Its the only explanation.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Matsui
AG
It's nuts. He is on the no laying up podcast recently. Give it a listen. Just nuts.
Icecream_Ag
S
Check the guy for a pulse
AggiePride07
AG
Love stories like this. Hope the guy pulls off three wins in a row.
Shelton98
AG
He had 5 putts hit the hole and not go in yesterday... still shot a 62.
Oyster DuPree
AG
Shelton98 said:

He had 5 putts hit the hole and not go in yesterday... still shot a 62.

I routinely do that and shoot 62. Usually clean it up on the back 9 to break 120
E
Yesterday
AG
Caught up to him today but what a great run he's had!
agsalaska
AG
Yea he did. I watched the middle of the round and he had an opportunity. He missed three good looks at birdie in a row, then a six footer for par. The next hole he was sitting pretty with a short iron in the fairway and missed the green short and right. He then hit the worst chip you will see from a pro about 20 feet past the hole. He hit it solid too which was the odd part. After three weeks in the lead he couldnt take it any more.

Still the best story I have heard in forever on tour. I also suggest listening to the podcast referenced above. I listened to it this morning and it was really good. Dude got the yips about three years ago that caused one or two balls a round to go 50 yards right. Turned 69s into 73s.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
PA24
AG
Rex Caldwell Is a golfer who did very little his first 9 yrs then got hot in the early 80s.

What was strangle was he came in second a few times in a row, claimed he was getting worn out and was going to take a break and did. Got back from his break, it took him a few years to capture the magic again but by that time he was done.

jonj101
I haven't had a chance to listen to podcast mentioned above, but if I'm not mistaken his coach on IG is Bradley Hughes and he posts a lot of quality stuff.

Former Australian tour player who now teaches/resides in South Carolina. I'm not sure how much of a role he played in the turn around, but I'd imagine it was significant.
agsalaska
AG
It was. He speaks in detail about him.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.