Club Champion Club Fitting

9,046 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jj9000
jmac_aggie06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Set-up a free PXG club fitting on Monday w/ Club Champion to get a feel for their services.

Anyone done a fitting with Titleist? It seems like it's free? I may just do that and commit to Titleist. I know Club Champion takes you through a ton of brands to see what's best for you, but I haven't bought clubs since I was on the high school golf team in 1998-2002. Hell, I'd imagine updating 20 year old clubs to any brand would be a massive improvement.
07fta07
AG
I wouldn't commit yourself to Titleist or any one manufacturer before you even start. If you're going to get fit, get fit. There's a ton of stuff out there right now, don't marry yourself to one brand and completely ignore everyone else.

Some people love Titleist. I don't like any of their clubs other than the wedges. They may not make the best club for you.

If your attitude is "anything newer is better" find a 5 year old set of irons on eBay for $100 and be done with it.
powerbelly
AG
07fta07 said:

I wouldn't commit yourself to Titleist or any one manufacturer before you even start. If you're going to get fit, get fit. There's a ton of stuff out there right now, don't marry yourself to one brand and completely ignore everyone else.

QFT
Ag_07
AG
07fta07 said:

This x 1000

I was pretty much committed to Mizuno since those were the clubs that were stolen but I went for a fitting and ended up in a set of Honmas.

Never in a million years did I ever think I'd end up in Honmas much less hit them head over heals better than everything else.
jmac_aggie06
AG
Thanks for y'all's perspective.

I'll stick with getting fitted and try all brands then.
rosco511
AG
My personal experience is that the shaft played a much more important role than the clubs. I ended up going with Srixon but there were at least 2 or 3 other brands that produced similar numbers. It was really the initial shaft part of the fitting that made the most difference for me.
07fta07
AG
Agree completely. You'll find 2 or 3 heads that perform similar that you like and can't go wrong picking any of those few. You'll have to make a choice on those. You're likely going to find 1 shaft that performs much better than the others.

For me it got down to the X forged and the Srixon 785/Z forged combo. I would have been plenty happy with either. The Srixons just looked beautiful so I picked those. Project X LZ was easily the best shaft for me. There was no close 2nd.
jmac_aggie06
AG
Can't say I was overly impressed with my free PXG fitting here. I tested the PXG 0211s. We get done with all the specs and then he quotes me $1900 (actually was expecting a higher price).

I asked if I should do a whole bag fitting to try all the brands to see which I hit best.

Nope. These PXGs are better than any other brand, so you should buy these.

A little weird?
powerbelly
AG
jmac_aggie06 said:

Can't say I was overly impressed with my free PXG fitting here. I tested the PXG 0211s. We get done with all the specs and then he quotes me $1900 (actually was expecting a higher price).

I asked if I should do a whole bag fitting to try all the brands to see which I hit best.

Nope. These PXGs are better than any other brand, so you should buy these.

A little weird?
You get what you pay for. These are PXG sales sessions, not fittings.
jmac_aggie06
AG
If he said yes to testing additional clubs, he gets $350. Then I still buy clubs on top of that. I don't think their spread on PXGs would be worth just pushing that brand.
jj9000
AG
jmac_aggie06 said:

We get done with all the specs and then he quotes me $1900 (actually was expecting a higher price).

For $1,900 I could build (3) full bags of clubs, top to bottom, which perform as good or better.

No doubt in my mind.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.