Kansas City Golf?

1,734 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DeBoss
SweaterVest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm headed to KC tomorrow night for a wedding and will be there all weekend. My wife is going to be busy doing brides luncheons, etc on Friday and Saturday and all I have to do is the rehearsal dinner on Friday night. Any recommendations for golf courses in KC? I'm thinking about playing Friday and Saturday morning. I'll be staying on the south side of the city and won't have a car, so something in that area is a plus.
WhoopN06
Contact ClubProGuy on twitter. He's a club pro in KC and could probably get you on his place. I believe they allow public tee times.
skippytimmy
AG
The only clubcorp course in KC is lions gate.

It is HARD. at least it was when I played it earlier in the summer, and the rough was the thickest and longest I have ever played, and the win was 20 mph plus.

And the greens were hard as a rock and fast.

Tom Hagen
AG
Don't they play a "Korn Ferry" event there?
Robert C. Christian
AG
Gotta remember, groupon holders have first priority, then public, then members.
WhoopN06
That's correct from my understanding. OP you could probably get a lesson. I hear the 7-4-7 swing system is revolutionary.
agracer
AG
Lots of good public courses but make a tee time early bc they back up by 9. Sykes Lady and St Andrews are both nice city courses. www.golfop.com

Deer Creek and Iron Horse are pretty narrow but good courses.

Lions Club is private.
DeBoss
AG
Anyone ever played Firekeeper or Colbert Hills? I know they are more Topeka area but we are driving to South Dakota from D/FW and want to play golf somewhere along the way.
SweaterVest
AG
I ended up playing Swope Memorial Golf Course. Its a fairly average public course but it was beautiful, in great shape, and had some nice views of the city. I definitely recommend it for the $46 green fee.
skippytimmy
AG
I played both of them and really enjoyed both. Better than any of the public courses I played in the KC area. FIRE KEEPER was really fun.
DeBoss
AG
Tried to book Firekeeper and they are fully booked a week out, which is crazy to me. And Colbert Hills has a tournament. Anything else folks would suggest?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.