Insperity Invitational

1,777 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Prexys Moon
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
anyone ever been to this event at The Woodlands? Me and my wife love going to the Houston Open so we were thinking about making the trip to the tournament....Just curious if its similar to the HO, worth it or not, etc...
98Ag99Grad
AG
I went one year when it was still held at Augusta Pines. Way different than the HO; lot less people; players more interactive with you. Admission is free is if you want to see some golf it might be worth the drive but don't expect an atmosphere like you have at Redstone.
Bassmaster
AG
My office is across Woodlands Parkway from the course. A few of us usually walk over for a little while and watch the holes that are parallel to Woodlands Parkway. Really laid back and not many people.
Famous Shoes
AG
It's great highly recommend it. Go on Saturday if you can the greats of the game scramble is really fun. I think Annika is playing with Jack and Player this year. I watched Nicklaus, Player and Arnold Palmer play a few years ago and it was great.
I may see you there or might play in the Mike Evans tournament haven't decided yet.
JYDog90
AG
I took my 9 yr old son a yr ago and we had fun. You can get close and see lots of good golf. I'd recommend it.
Formerly Willy Wonka
PineAg
Took my two sons last year and had a blast. Got Jack and Trevino's autograph. As stated earlier, there is a lot of interaction between players and spectators. Price is right too!!
Cedar09
Is Jack there on Sunday too??
Famous Shoes
AG
Cedar09 said:

Is Jack there on Sunday too??
No just on Saturday.
Prexys Moon
AG
champions tour and LPGA tour events are really, really fun. Way more fun than what today's PGA tour events have become. The people there are true golf fans who respect the game and not drunken idiots screaming mashed potatoes, dilly dilly, or get in the hole. The players are great and interact with the fans, unlike most of the PGA guys.

If any of you live in DFW, the LPGA is here this week. If you have a girl who plays golf, she will LOVE it. I have taken my daughter a few times and man, those ladies gravitate to the girls who come out to see them. We went on a Friday when my daughter was 10. Morgan Pressel came off the green and walked right up to my daughter and said, "what's up with you missing school today?" signed a ball right on the spot and gave it to her. DURING THE ROUND! And she wasn't even playing good.

Like we did, if you go on Thursday or Friday, there are fewer fans and it's even better.
Matsui
AG
Totally agree. LPGA will even take photos and sign stuff during the round. Tons of interaction. It's one of their emphasis points. Same for senior tour. It's a great time and you get super close to the action.

I'm still shocked at how straight those ladies hit their fairway woods and hybrids.

Their distance and irons are more on the normal level so the avg player can relate to what they could have done.
Tursiops93
AG
Just got home from The Woodlands where my God son just got done playing a Pro-Am (He played with Scott Dunlap). The course is in awesome shape and I was able to meet several of the players who are already there and hanging around. These are the guys I grew up watching so it was very cool and almost all of them were awesome and friendly!

I was putting around a bit with the kids and several of the players were out there at the same time. Corey Pavin, Joe Durant, Mark Calcavecchia, Bart Bryant, Bernhard Langer, Juan Miguel Jimenez and Tom Lehman to name a few. Sure seems like a much more fun and relaxed atmosphere.
Prexys Moon
AG
it was obvious at the Texas LPGA event that they were playing from basically the regular men's tees. Followed Paula Creamer and on a par 3 she hit an 8 iron 155. Their driving distances are 265-280. So they play from the exact same tees and hit the same distances as your average very good recreational male golfer. They would shoot 68 on your home course from your same tees and beat all the good old boys.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.