Eagles vs. Aces

6,835 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Seriously77
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Played Ridgeview Ranch a few weeks ago. Eagled 2 and 10. Eventually joined a 2some in front of me at the turn, and one of them aced #17. Raining eagles and aces.

Do you remember the shots on both? How did you play each of those holes?
DannyDuberstein
AG
On 2, Driver over the right bunker, 3W from the fairway (over the small tree line on the rigjt) to the back half of the green, and made about a 10 footer.

On 10, Driver- 6 iron and made a slick 15 ft downhiller. I play a decently long draw off the tee, so 10 sets up great for me because I can draw one over the corner and then the hill helps it launch the first bounce down further. I'd guess I have more eagles on that hole than any other hole on any course.

Eagles on 2 and 16 are rare there for me. I'm usually dropping my 2nd shot around the green on 2, but it plays longer and the approach is awkward with a longer club, so I'm usually not in that great of a position on the eagle attempt. But 6 and 10 will give 'em up. 6 has a dangerous tee shot, but with a good one, it's a short club in.
_lefraud_
AG
schwabbin said:

Sounds like I'm the only golfer in the world with an ace but no eagles.
Par 4?
1990AG
AG
My Son had his second Ace last night. #14 Braelin Golf Club, 176 yards 7 iron. Pitch mark was right by the hole.

Very cool to be a witness this time!
Old Town Ag
AG
2 Aces
AgPrognosticator
AG
2 eagle hole-outs and 1 ace. I will never forget those shots until the day I die.
1208HawkTree
AG
Zero aces. I've had a handful of close calls, one of which I swished but it bounced out of the cup. I've had two relatively close calls on acing a par-4 also.
Zero albatrosses. I've hit the pin twice with my second shot, but neither went in.
Enough eagles that I don't know how many. Mostly "traditional" eagles making a putt or chipping in on par-5s. Two full swing hole-outs on par-4s, probably 10 or so one-putts or chip in eagles on short par-4s.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Joined an oddball club this evening -> golfers with a double eagle but no hole in one. DE'd #5 hole at Sherrill Park #1. Was playing about 505 but quite downwind. Nuked my drive 360 (i usually dont measure; but had to on this one although certainly wind-aided. Then a bit of a choked down 9 iron into the cup.

What was weird is that even tho it was tracking, I wasnt even thinkig about it going in. I was more focused on whether i'd picked the right club/shot with the wind factor. Then it disappears.
Trinity Ag
S
Eagled #8 at Traditions today (#1 Handicap)

Driver about 295, then perfect 18* 2-Iron 220 -- ball hit soft, rolling out about 4 feet, leaving an 8 footer.

Made the putt, and there was much rejoicing.

Shot 37 on the front - my best 9 in a decade.

I've made plenty of Eagles, but never even whiffed at an Ace. Jugged a 120 pitching wedge for Eagle on a par 4 once, but that is the longest distance from which I have holed out.
BreNayPop
AG
100s of eagles, mostly par 5s and 10 or so drivable par 4s.

ZERO freakin hole in ones. Closest was 3 inches short in the throat on a 310 yard par 4.
DannyDuberstein
AG
What was also kind of nutty was 2 holes later on #7 (par 4), I hit the exact same approach shot (slight choke-down 9), although this time back into the wind. Stuck it to 1 foot for a kick-in birdie. Needless to say, for the rest of the round, I was looking for the chance to play that shot again.
AG81xx
AG
Are we talking Gross or Net?
jws456
AG
3 eagles. 0 aces. 12 handicap.

Most recent eagle came on campus course #12. Bombed Drive. 150 yard 8 iron in. 4 inches from the cup. Much happy.
JR Ewingford
Quite a few eagles. 2 just in the last 3 weeks. Only 1 ace and that was about 4 years ago
localag88
No double eagles...grazed the pin on 1 at Pebble Creek 20 years ago.

One ace

Quite a few eagles...I'd say I average 2 per year. I'd say I've probably made 8 or so 2's on par 4's. Crazy thing is I was playing a late evening quick nine a few years ago and holed out from 120 yards on a the third hole, then drove the green on a short par 4 three holes later, back fringe actually, and made the 30 footer for eagle...two eagles on par fours in the same nine....and couldn't finish the round for darkness.

I will say this...having started to play most of my golf at Traditions, my eagle count has gone WAY down...I just can't challenge those carries on the par fives. I can hit three wood into 15, but I've only gotten it to the fringe once.

As for my ace, I made it on a Saturday, but the Wednesday before I hit a tee shot on another short par three that went in the hole on the fly and bounced out. I thought at the time that would probably be as close as I would ever get to an ace, and actually aced a different hole three days later.
Forum Troll
AG
Maybe I don't play enough or I just suck or both, or I don't play short enough par 5s (Memorial Park #8 anyone), but how does one have 100s of eagles? The highest frequency of eagles this year is JT (highest overall at 14) and DJ (11 total). They each average an eagle every 4 rounds.
E
AG
Eagled #13 at Clear Creek twice I belive.

I missed an eagle putt on #10 at Battleground yesterday... I didnt even know it was an eagle putt because I thought it was a Par 4. I took a gap wedge to the green and left it 10 ft out. Thought I missed my birdie putt and finished with a two putt... turns out it was a Birdie
BreNayPop
AG
1000s of rounds and played a course that had 9 holes where eagle could be made (4 par 5s easy to reach and 5 par 4s driveable or to chipping). No water, usually only on side OB. Lots of opportunities per round and lots of rounds. I think it is fair to say on that course i averaged 2 putts at eagle per round.

we are at 3500 feet elevation in the desert where it is usually dry and the ball rolls out:
Hole 2: 342 from tips, usually plays down wind
Hole 5: 545 Par 5, usually a 5 iron in (huge down hill second shot, maybe 100 feet drop from top of hill)
Hole 6: 369 (new tees, last back tees until a couple years ago was 335), also plays down hill
Hole 8: 520 Par 5
Hole 9: 266 par 4 from back tees ( gains 100 feet elevation though through a huge hump 100 yards out, flat up top and can play 3 wood if wind favorable)
Hole 10: 555 Par 5, but drops 100 yards from tee to second shot
Hole 13: 323 Par 4, anything right edge or to right of green funnels to it
Hole 17: 325 Par 4 from tips, plays usually down wind and drops 75 feet from tee to fairway
Hole 18: 552 Par 5, but likely measures around longer than it is

No bunkers on the entire course.

The other course in town is also always dry and runs out (water is an issue here), but a couple eagle-able par 4s (especially depending on wind). Par 71 6167 yards from backs... I have had putts for eagle on holes 2, 3, 5, 8, 10, 14, and 18 (5/8/10/18 are unguarded green par 5s that aren't particularly long- none is a 3 shot hole)
Forum Troll
AG
BreNayPop said:

1000s of rounds and played a course that had 9 holes where eagle could be made (4 par 5s easy to reach and 5 par 4s driveable or to chipping). No water, usually only on side OB. Lots of opportunities per round and lots of rounds. I think it is fair to say on that course i averaged 2 putts at eagle per round.
PedroJack07
AG
No par 5 eagles
3 Par 4 Eagles (80yds, 145 and 168)
1 Ace

I also holed out a re-tee after dunking one in the water on a par 3.
nickel
Only 4-5 eagles. One ace.

Ironically, I witnessed a hole-in-one on Sunday. Guy blocked one going right of the green, hit a mound, shot hard left and rolled 12-15 feet, and dropped. He's a 10-11 hcp, probably 60-ish, and that was his first. He was pissed that it wasn't earned by hitting a great shot.
aggiebrother33
-2 aces, probably a dozen or so within a foot also
-Almost a one on par 4, 6" away and *******s made me putt it
-Many eagles, I would say most one putt par 5's and half a dozen or so hole outs on par 4s. Actually made one last week driving a par 4 and holed the 20' putt.
-What's crazy is it know a kid who's not even 21 and has 15 aces
BreNayPop
AG
aggiebrother33 said:

-What's crazy is it know a kid who's not even 21 and has 15 aces
wtf? Dude stole all mine!!! That kid must have some hell of a game
dallasiteinsa02
No aces. A few eagles.

I have witnessed two amazing events.

Back to back albatrosses. Both were PGA professionals on a club golf trip to Scotland. Statistically it is almost impossible to have happen. I had hit my second before both of them, but the look on the face of the fourth guy when the two before just dropped it in the hole was priceless. It was a combination of terror and optimism that I have never seen. He hit his 3 wood about 60 yards under the pressure. One of them turns to him and says it is probably for the best because I don't think you can fit three balls and the pin in the hole.

Two hole in ones in the same round at Pebble Beach. The guy was like a 30 handicap and probably shot 120 that day. We made him buy drinks for the rest of the trip.
07fta07
AG
Joined the ace club this morning. 165 yard 8 iron hit about a foot short and rolled straight in.
Seriously77
One hole in one
Had another one looking in the hole but didn't fall

Quite counting eagles after 2 dozen

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.