Ridglea Country Club Ft. Worth, TX

6,543 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by EOE
DouglasPearce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Curious if anyone has any info/current members at Ridglea Country Club in Ft. Worth? We are looking to do a junior membership.
We would definitely be utilizing the swimming pool during summers and I would be playing golf as I've been playing all my life. I actually think I would play more knowing I have a home course to go to that is 10 minutes away.
I don't know any current members, but thought I would start here to see if anyone had any feedback. Thanks

Pro/cons welcomed.
agsalaska
AG
I have played the family course a bunch of times. I cannot remember if I have played the other course. If I have it was years ago.

The members course is a fun track. It is an old school layout and not very long. It has always been in really good shape.

When I was in high school we hung out on that course a lot, at night. I remember breaking into the pool after midnight one time and going swimming. Probably not the best idea!
JR Ewingford
Member for 5-6 years now. Men's only course (South course) is just that, men's only. Course has less character, longer and fairly straight forward but still excellent. Good money games down there as well. Family (North course) is shorter, tight and you better hit it on the correct part of green or you are screwed when they have em running fast. It's nice having 2 courses to play. The cons is the North can be slow paced because of the olds out there not letting you play thru. Also believe JR. initiation fees are going to go up as they are renovating everything at North right now.
CapCity12thMan
AG
little known fact that Tiger Woods got his first junior victory at the national level at the Ridglea South Course by virtue of winning what was then the "Big I" Insurance Youth Golf Classic. He won the 15-18 year division as a 14 year old. I was fortunate enough to qualify for the tournament that year and got to play a practice round a group or two behind him...he had a following then too. He was rail thin and small, but was driving the ball places not a lot of us could. This was 1990...

http://www.bigigolf.com/historicalpressreleases/19891998.html

DouglasPearce
EwingBarnes said:

Member for 5-6 years now. Men's only course (South course) is just that, men's only. Course has less character, longer and fairly straight forward but still excellent. Good money games down there as well. Family (North course) is shorter, tight and you better hit it on the correct part of green or you are screwed when they have em running fast. It's nice having 2 courses to play. The cons is the North can be slow paced because of the olds out there not letting you play thru. Also believe JR. initiation fees are going to go up as they are renovating everything at North right now.
Great to know. So as far as all around membership goes, you and your family have been happy? Thank you for the feedback! And are there scheduled tee times? Or can you just show up and play? Family friendly?
agsalaska
AG
CapCity12thMan said:

little known fact that Tiger Woods got his first junior victory at the national level at the Ridglea South Course by virtue of winning what was then the "Big I" Insurance Youth Golf Classic. He won the 15-18 year division as a 14 year old. I was fortunate enough to qualify for the tournament that year and got to play a practice round a group or two behind him...he had a following then too. He was rail thin and small, but was driving the ball places not a lot of us could. This was 1990...

http://www.bigigolf.com/historicalpressreleases/19891998.html

I was there
JR Ewingford
DouglasPearce said:

EwingBarnes said:

Great to know. So as far as all around membership goes, you and your family have been happy? Thank you for the feedback! And are there scheduled tee times? Or can you just show up and play? Family friendly?
I do not have kids at the moment, but overall it is a good family oriented atmosphere. Generally both courses have their money game times set but its easy to get in them or find another tee time. Only time it gets a little more packed is summer days when everybody is trying to get it in before the heat. Same for football season, everybody trying to get in early rounds.
CapCity12thMan
AG
did we see each other a few weeks ago at SACC?
agsalaska
AG
Not sure. What is SACC?
CapCity12thMan
AG
San Antonio CC - the TXGA Mid-Am Match Play event
agsalaska
AG
Nope. Wasn't me.

AgDocCM
AG
We joined at the beginning of Summer and have really enjoyed it. Agree with the comment about the olds not letting your through at times. Overall a pretty nice facility that is getting nicer. Child care is awesome as is dining. For us, was the best option in Fort Worth and is a pretty good deal for 2 courses- especially for junior membership.
EOE
We have been members for four years and enjoy it. We have a five year old seven year old that use the kids camps and pools often. I agree with above comments. Weekend mornings are th rally the only times you need a tee time. I enjoy the north course better, but there are a few bush wood types. It is nice to play a 3 hour round down south though.

The pros are really good about introducing you to different groups.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.