*******Texas A&M NCAA Tourney Thread**********

4,579 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HKAg
CapCityAg89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Very good first round. Disaster second. Poor third. I was pretty optimistic out of the SEC championship but I don't think the boys handled the conditions (wet and cold) well. Too bad.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
only 4 shots out now, Wash is 3 out
Aggie_Eric98
AG
with out best 3 golfers with about 3 holes to play each.
CapCityAg89
AG
Need FSU to finish +9.
coloradoag69
AG
We finished at +1 for the day and +16 for the regional. Right now we are tied with UW, although they have one with two holes to play and one with the 18th. The FSU golfers at +8, have from 3 to 5 holes to play. Frankly, it's a long shot now, but we can hope.

As mentioned before, yesterday was a killer for us. If only we had been able to play better yesterday - we even lost 3 strokes by the last man in on the last hole!
PJYoung
AG
FSU needs to give up 5 strokes in the last couple of holes.

A&M shot par today (284)

http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=12874

We need 5 strokes from their last two golfers in 3 holes combined.

Not looking good.
PJYoung
AG
lol and now the guy I counted out birdied 18 so we need 6 strokes from the others. Bah.
mullokmotx
AG
At the Baton Rouge regional Jacksonville won a 2 hole playoff to beat Northwestern for the 5th spot. 3 teams ranked higher than us failed to make it through: #5 Florida, #10 Wake Forest and #11 Texas Tech. Looks like we had the 2nd best score of the day but yesterday was a disaster. Looks like Chandler Phillips will be making it as an individual.
HKAg
AG
We went to watch the team today. Course is beautiful - but appears very difficult. I grabbed a scorecard... From the tips, the course is a Par 71, rated at 74.9 with a slope of 150. Factoring in all of the elevation changes, this course would be a bit*h. In comparison, TPC Sawgrass from the tips is a par 72 with a 76.4 rating and a slope of 155. From the "US Open" tees, Pebble is a par 71 with a 75.5 rating and a slope of 145.

Mix in the cold and rain that we had here on Monday & Tuesday (especially on Tuesday), and I can see how a team from Texas might struggle. (and I have no idea how USC played so well!)
Tom Hagen
AG
Florida collapsed and didn't make it out of their regional.
coloradoag69
AG
Please feel free to counter this assertion, but I think until today, our 4th best guy just wasn't good enough. It seemed like we had two guys in the toilet the first two days - even the first one when we finished T4.
12thMan2012
AG
3 straight years without a trip to nationals.
coloradoag69
AG
You mentioned USC and wondering how they played so well. At least part of that is because even though they are in LA, the PAC 12 plays all up and down the west coast. Besides Arizona and LA, the other eight PAC 12 locations would have cold, rainy weather throughout the college golf season. I remember while we lived in Oregon, we'd see the PAC 12 schools competing at least two or three times a season in Washington and Oregon. Given USC had a very good team this year and knowing the western NCAA regional was just outside Seattle, I bet they were at that course several times during the year.
jja79
AG
Texas makes their 11th straight trip to nationals.
HKAg
AG
Good point, Colorado. USC is probably pretty prepared for any climate situation.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.