****The Open****

17,067 Views | 228 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Harry Stone
gravy97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here's how close he was to the 62...

gravy97
AG
Ag_07
AG
quote:

Fat man has a sense of humor
Aggie1391
Didn't something really similar happen to tiger a few years ago at the PGA?
Hotdog Hamblin
AG
Same situation, they were just talking about it on the xm radio feed. Tiger had a putt to shoot 62 at Southern Hills and lipped it. Made it sound like Tiger's was worse though (as in the ball almost did a 360 around the hole).
LeFraud
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/look-back-tiger-woods-putt-2007-pga-championship-213256799.html
Old School Brother
AG
tiger's was all the way in the hole.
t - cam
AG
quote:
tiger's was all the way in the hole.

Tigers definitely got more of the hole but Phill's doesn't look hit hard enough to stay out. Either way golf gods are real.
gravy97
AG
Just saw this wider angle where you can see Bones reaction as well...

t - cam
AG
Actually watching again neither does tigers. Those both go in it seems like in most occasions.
LHIOB
AG
Glad we found a way to talk about Tiger during a major!
LeFraud
Phil did have a 2.5 footer do a 360 and fall in earlier in the round, guess it all works out.
khaos288
AG
aggiedent
AG
Got to give Phil props. After being all over the place last week, he looked very consistent today and played very smart. Can he keep it going?
LHIOB
AG
quote:
Got to give Phil props. After being all over the place last week, he looked very consistent today and played very smart. Can he keep it going?
All over the place? In his post round interview he said he missed 2 fairways on the weekend at Castle Stuart.
t - cam
AG
quote:
quote:
All over the place? In his post round interview he said he missed 2 fairways on the weekend at Castle Stuart.

Yeah by most accounts he was pretty dialed in last weekend.
birdman
Nick Price had the worst hole out. Opening round of 1986 Mastersx I think. It went all the way around the hole to prevent a 62.
aggiedent
AG
quote:

quote:
Quote:
quote:
Quote:Got to give Phil props. After being all over the place last week, he looked very consistent today and played very smart. Can he keep it going?

Yeah by most accounts he was pretty dialed in last weekend.

If he was so "dialed in" how come he missed 12 out of 28 fairways on Thursday and Friday including 2 drives into the tall gorse? If his iron play was "dialed in" how come he kept having numerous 80 & 90 foot putts. He blamed his lag putting, but ignored the fact he was frequently miles from the cup. I watched all four days and did not think he looked sharp until Sunday.

Regardless of what my opinion is, or what the stats show, I'm very happy for him and hope he keeps it up.

Ag_07
AG
Friggin FIGJAM misses the cut the past 2 majors then fires off a 63 today.

Just when everyone counted him out (aka I didn't even consider picking him in our pool).
Turf-Ag02
AG
Anyone else awake watching?

Only complaint I have is watching the weather over lulls me into believing it's cool and wet outside and then I walk out to 80 degrees and 97% humidity at 3am!!
Street_Cred_Norm
I'm watching..Phil is in control.
girlgolfer12
Incredible!
Street_Cred_Norm
2 inches from a hole in 1...He is on fire.
AustinCountyAg
quote:
Anyone else awake watching?

Only complaint I have is watching the weather over lulls me into believing it's cool and wet outside and then I walk out to 80 degrees and 97% humidity at 3am!!

It always make me want to go buy a new golf jacket or sweater..... And then I step outside
AustinCountyAg
Keegan Bradley scoring well
girlgolfer12
Why does Phil have a metal paperclip on his hat?
AustinCountyAg
quote:

I'm thinking he had a ribbon that was being held on by it (for France) that flew off
Turf-Ag02
AG
I'm not Phil's #1 fan by any means, but it sure is fun to watch him play when he is on fire. Reminds me of when Tiger was in his prime.
watty
AG
I just woke up and haven't turned it on, but looking at scores, I'm guessing the weather is still fine. Everyone under par.
98Ag99Grad
AG
quote:
Keegan Bradley scoring well

Yeah he is. I bet these slower greens help him. He can be a little more aggressive with his stroke.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Not quite watty. Typical Open weather today. Rain and wind.
watty
AG
Wow! Yeah, just turned it on. Very impressive play from some of these guys this morning, and certainly by Phil to back up yesterday's round with what seems to be another very good round considering the conditions.
jj9000
AG
Which one of the non-Major winning guys are you pulling for to finally win one?

Westwood?
Sergio?
Stricker?
Fowler?
Reed?
Stenson?
Other?

I'd like to see Stricker or Reed get one...Stricker has always reminded me of just a normal guy you'd tee it up with that would kindly talk through the knowledge he's gained over the years.

Reed seems like he wants to take your money, your car, and anything else he can win off you. I like his attitude.

Corporal Punishment
AG
Ryan Moore's hat collection
Quinn
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm thinking he had a ribbon that was being held on by it (for France) that flew off

No, he has actually been wearing that binder clip on his hat recently and before the attack. I guess Callaway can't get him the right size hat (or more likely it's one of those One Size Fits Most) so he gets it to the correct size for his head by clipping it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.