Costs of Membership at B/CS CCs

57,578 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Zombie
Mr. Nussbaum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Glad to have you folks from Pebble. Hope you had fun at the MGA yesterday.

All I've met are great additions, welcome to the club!
jja79
AG
They have a great non-resident membership option at Traditions.
Trinity Ag
S
Joined Traditions in May.

If you join around Coach Blair's charity golf tournament, the club will donate all (or part) of your initiation to Coach Blair charities. Good thing, plus itemization = win-win.

Course has been great when not flooded!
Bobaloo
Mass exodus from Pebble to Traditions. Upwards of 10-15 have bolted over the last week.
CTGilley
AG
What happen over there? I heard something about it but I don't know I heard the full story....
Thisguy1
quote:
Mass exodus from Pebble to Traditions. Upwards of 10-15 have bolted over the last week.

I know a few teachers that signed up for memberships over the summer. Could that have an influence on the numbers?
RebAg13
AG
A lot of guys were just tired of the quality of the course and wanted something new.
JarAG2007
AG
Wish i could afford a membership at Traditions, Pebble, Phillips, anywhere......darn kids!
CTGilley
AG
Once your kids start to play Phillips is a no brainer. Only $225 for a family. If you play regularly it pays off.
aggiefan2002
How is the Phillips course compared to a&m, Bryan muni, pebble, and traditions?
CTGilley
AG
quote:
How is the Phillips course compared to a&m, Bryan muni, pebble, and traditions?
Phillips is much nicer than muni and the greens and fairways are typically in great shape. However, most of the bunkers do not drain well and are low on sand. Phillips is tougher than the others with the exception of Traditions (Different Level).

Errant shots are punished. OB left on most holes and the old oak trees will require you to punch/chip out if you miss the fairway.

They have several tournaments but reciprocate with Pebble.
Bobaloo
Teachers and the decline in PC membership? Not sure what you mean. Some left who have kids who play golf and thus require a legit practice facility. Others due to the continued negligence of the course. If a legit drought ever hits with this ownership the course might literally die. Also a continued area of frustration is the quality of food from the restaurant. Pretty poor.
jja79
AG
We're non-resident members at Traditions and my son played a tournament at Pebble Creek a few weeks ago. I couldn't believe the range. There is no grass at all.
Reelag05
Can you please be more specific when it come to no grass on the range? That comment is somewhat misleading. The teeing surface is completely covered. The landing areas is a different story. This areas was affected during the 2011 drought, due to the soil that was used to shape the area (river bottom). This soil is full of river Rock that heats up quickly during the summer with the lack of rainfall (aggie dome). Pebble Creek will be making a splash in 2017, with a large capital investment on the golf course and the clubhouse facilities. I don't know about you but I never hit balls from the middle of the driving range.
RebAg13
AG
Repairing a broken watering heads and new mowers arent what I would call a large capital investment. It's maintenance that's been neglected to lead quite a few people to have had enough.
jja79
AG
Specifically there was no grass on the hitting area. Not enough to simulate a fairway lie. It was sand.
Reelag05
145k in irrigation upgrades + addition of a SO2 generator to treat the effluent water, would be considered a large capital investment and that's just the beginning.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Some sincere advice from a guy who does marketing/PR for a living: if you're with the club, just own that. Own what hasn't been done well, explain how it will be fixed in the future, and invite people back to give you another shot when it's done.
Reelag05
Reelag05
Pebble Picture
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:
Some sincere advice from a guy who does marketing/PR for a living: if you're with the club, just own that. Own what hasn't been done well, explain how it will be fixed in the future, and invite people back to give you another shot when it's done.
This is good advice.
jja79
AG
quote:
Pebble Picture

That's not at all what it looked like a month or so ago when the South Texas PGA Junior Tournament was held. Kids warming up had to tee up their irons to hit them.

One good thing about Pebble Creek is it has few bunkers. Traditions being on Turkey Creek had a lot of bunker damage from the various heavy rains this year.

I hope all the improvements you describe take place. Always great having options.
12thMan2012
AG
Pebble Creek member here, the course is in really good shape right now. But what was said about the range is pretty spot on. I don't use the range just a whole lot so it doesn't bother me, but the quality of the hitting area is pretty low.
t - cam
AG
I loved the course at pebble back in the early 00's when I worked out there. Guessing with less options then they were sitting pretty with basically all the private club money in the area. Great layout, hope they can keep it together.
CapCity12thMan
AG
worked at pebble 1993-1995...before the clubhouse was built!
Golf1
AG
The Golf Club at TAMU is only $210 for walking + $75 to ride. Course is always in great shape and rarely cart path only compared to others in town.
t - cam
AG
quote:
The Golf Club at TAMU is only $210 for walking + $75 to ride. Course is always in great shape and rarely cart path only compared to others in town.

This is a membership? That sounds pretty good considering it being a legit course now.
RebAg13
AG
A&M course is nice and a great deal. Only downside is it can get backed up if you are trying to play fast
CN
From what I heard about the people that left Pebble Creek for Traditions, some did leave because they were unhappy with the course conditions but they convinced others to leave with them because they negotiated a very favorable deal on the initiation if they brought over so many people. I heard $0 but find that hard to believe.

I would've considered leaving too for $0 initiation but the main problem I have with Traditions is that it's over 30 minutes from my house (Pebble is minutes away) and it's not walker friendly. Adding an hour to a round of golf makes for a very unhappy wife. But the main reason I stick with Pebble is convenience and the improvements they've been making are encouraging. The greens are the best they've been in years. The food still sucks though.
C ROC N
Does anyone know if Miramont and/or Traditions has a Junior golf membership? My son is a local HS golfer who is in need of a challenging course to play with proper practice facilities to lower his game. Haven't been impressed with PC, BrCr, & A&M practice facilities.
RebAg13
AG
Traditions definitely does
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Is there any recent or updated information to add to this thread?

Any change in fees for PC vs Traditions vs Miramont?

Any change in course maintenance/upkeep?
oldschool87
AG
Miramont is a golf fantasy land!!!!

Have played twice there in the last 8 weeks, both times on Saturday at 8am.

My cousin is 60, recently picked up the game... 25 handicap for sure. I'm a 4. I say that, to let you know we are not the speediest bunch as we look for his ball...

In either Saturday I never saw another golfer or a cart. I can tell you the only ball marks on the green we're made by me.

Between the 2 saturdays, 1 person, 1 person total on the range!!

If your truly a die hard, go borrow the 50k and treat it like dues...

That course was built by a rich guy who doesn't need the dues... it is crazy!!!!!!
oldschool87
AG
jj9000 said:

Looking at the Miramont website makes me want to move there.

4000 min sq feet. Lots are not cheap, you build it...
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Quote:

In either Saturday I never saw another golfer or a cart. I can tell you the only ball marks on the green we're made by me.

Between the 2 saturdays, 1 person, 1 person total on the range!!

Ive played it twice. About a year apart though.

There were more employees than players.

Funny story (or maybe I'm some kind of rube.....) we were on about #5 or 6 and on the green. My son says "Dad, look somebody's jacking with your bag"

Crap, I look over and sure enough some kid is messing with my clubs on the back of the cart.

We kinda fast-walked over and it was a course employee. Wiping down every club in every bag.
Kid says "We'll catch up and do this again around # 12-13 and then again when you finish."
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.