Costs of Membership at B/CS CCs

56,990 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Zombie
Sugar City Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As one who is interested in one day joining a country club in B/CS, would someone please be so kind as to share what the comparative fees and dues are for the cc's in b/cs?

The ones I know of are: Pebble Creek, Miramont, Traditions, and Briarcrest.

Many thanks,
VegasT
AG
From the Traditions Website:
Junior Executive Membership:
 Available to members ages 21 to 34
 Upgrade fee is due upon the member’s 35th birthday
 Full use of the Jack Nicklaus 18 hole Championship Golf Course and all Club Facilities
 20% discount on golf shop merchandise
 Unaccompanied guest privileges (subject to Club Rules and Regulations)
 Discounts on overnight accommodations in Traditions Cottages and Casitas
 Access to all Club sponsored events
 Ability to host private business and personal events at the Club
 Reciprocal privileges with certain other Jack Nicklaus Design courses
 Tee time reservations with 14‐day advance privileges
 Complimentary practice balls
 Monthly Dues: $160 ‐ $330 based on sliding age scale (See membership plan for details).
 Initiation Fee: $5,000 with $1,500 back in credit towards any golf or Food and
Beverage.

Full Golf Membership:
 Available to individuals living outside the Traditions residential community
 Full use of the Jack Nicklaus 18 hole Championship Golf Course and all Club Facilities
 20% discount on golf shop merchandise
 Unaccompanied guest privileges (subject to Club Rules and Regulations)
 Discounts on overnight accommodations in Traditions Cottages and Casitas
 Access to all Club sponsored events
 Ability to host private business and personal events at the Club
 Reciprocal privileges with certain other Jack Nicklaus Design courses
 Tee time reservations with 14‐day advance privileges
 Complimentary practice balls
 Monthly Dues: $365
o You may pre‐pay twelve months of dues for $4,200.00(which is the equivalent of
$350.00 per month.)
 Option 1: Initiation Fee ‐ $10,000 Non‐Refundable with $3,000 back in credit towards
any golf or Food and Beverage.
 Option 2: Initiation Deposit ‐ $20,000 Portion of the membership deposit is refundable
pending reissuance by the Club (refer to the Club Membership Plan for additional
details)
VegasT
AG
Found this on Briarcrest's Website

Membership Types
Individual
Individual Membership privileges apply only to the individual. The individual member’s spouse and children are welcome to use the
club’s public facilities, but are subject to the daily fee use charges.

Family
Family Membership privileges apply to the member, spouse and all unmarried children that are 24 years of age or younger and are
either sharing the member’s household, are supported by the member, or are full‐time students.

Membership Classifications
All new memberships are non‐equity and do not include voting rights or the ability to hold office.
With the exception of all Non‐Resident, Collegiate and Junior Golf Team memberships, all other memberships are subject to a
monthly $15 Food & Beverage Minimum.

Full Golf Membership
Full Golf Membership provides access to the Club’s member‐only dining area as well as the pool, fitness, and tennis facilities. Full
Golf Membership is eligible to attend all member social functions. Full Golf Membership receives a 10% discount on all food and
beverage purchases at the Club and a 10% discount on golf and tennis pro shop merchandise purchases. In addition, Full Golf
Membership pays no green fees or cart fees. Full Golf Membership does receive preferred tee‐times. Full Golf Membership receives
a 10% discount on golf guest fees as long as the guest fees are billed to the member’s account. Full Golf Membership does receive a
25% discount on range balls.
Enrollment Fee: $500 Dues: Individual ‐ $235/month Family ‐ $295/month

Collegiate Membership
To be eligible, members must be full‐time students at Texas A&M, Sam Houston or Blinn College. Collegiate Membership provides
access to the Club’s member‐only dining area as well as the pool facilities. Collegiate Membership is eligible to attend all member
social functions. Collegiate Membership receives a 10% discount on all food and beverage purchases at the Club and a 10% discount
on golf and tennis pro shop merchandise purchases. Collegiate Membership receives unlimited use of the tennis and fitness
facilities. In addition, Collegiate Membership pays no green fees. Collegiate Membership pays a member cart rate. Collegiate
Membership does receive preferred tee‐times. Collegiate Membership does receive a 25% discount on range balls. Privileges are
good only for one college semester and end when the semester ends. Collegiate Membership does not have charge privileges.
Fee: $500/semester

Social Membership
Social Membership provides access to the Club’s member‐only dining area as well as the pool, tennis, and fitness facilities. Social
Membership is eligible to attend all member social functions. Social Membership receives a 10% discount on all food and beverage
purchases at the Club and a 10% discount on golf and tennis pro shop merchandise purchases. Social Memberships are available
only as a Family Membership.
Enrollment Fee: $200 Dues: Family $69/month

Junior Golf Team Membership
Junior Golf Team Membership enables a Junior High or High School student athlete to have access to the course and practice
facilities, and receives unlimited range balls, Monday through Friday after 1:30 pm. Golfers must walk; carts will not be available.
Individual Monthly Fee $135/month Individual Annual Fee $1,200

Range Plan
Members can receive unlimited range balls based on availability and opening of the range. The range will close periodically to allow
for maintenance.
Individual: $300 annual Family: $400 annual

Membership Policies

Charges
Dues for the month are payable in advance. Enrollment fees, Food & Beverage minimum and dues are subject to the local sales tax
(currently 8.25%). Membership statements are sent out the first of the month covering the previous month’s charges and the
current month’s dues. Balances are due within 15 days and balances over 30 days are subject to a late fee. Past Due charges over
60 days may result in a suspension of Member privileges. Past Due balances over ninety (90) days can and will be subject to
membership termination for cause.
Enrollment fees are non‐refundable.
Member Discounts apply to the posted Daily Fee Rates, Member Menu Prices and Merchandise Prices. Discounts do not apply to
Banquet, Club Holiday & Special Events, Civic Associations and other Non‐Member Events.

Intra‐Club Transfers
A Member in good standing, currently holding a club membership in any category, may transfer to another class of membership
provided:
1. The applicant is eligible for another membership classification.
2. The member pays the difference, if higher, between the enrollment fee for the membership class they transfer to and the
original initiation fee or enrollment fee paid by the member.
3. The Board of Directors approves the transfer.
Additional Amenities
Championship Golf Course in excellent condition Golf Lessons and Clinics by a PGA Professional
Driving Range with 14 stations, renovated in 2000 Junior Golf Clinics and Programs
12,500 square foot practice green Chipping Green
Short Game Practice Area Beverage Cart Service
Professional Executive Chef 6 private dining rooms
On site Wedding and Banquet Coordinator Special member events and activities
Wireless Internet access throughout the club Theater screen projection TV in Lounge
TV’s located in the Fitness Center Member‐only Dining Room
Tennis Lesson and Clinics by our Tennis Professional Tennis Shop with racquet stringing services
Junior Tennis Lessons Junior Summer Camps
Group and private swim lessons Pool side waitstaff for food and beverage service
Water Aerobics classes Teen center with ping pong table and pool table.
Prexys Moon
AG
Dang if I lived in BCS traditions would be a no-brainer. 10K to join, 350 a month? Not bad for that level club.
jja79
AG
The non-resident deal at Traditions is fantastic.
Nom de Plume
AG
Dang, wish I'd gotten a credit on my initiation at Traditions.
Sugar City Ag
AG
Thanks for the replies, Vegas.
TxAginAz
AG
Those are some great deals.
CSQ12
AG
Anybody have any info on Miramont membership?
VegasT
AG
I found an article on the web that shared this about Miramont

Spellman said that the price value for Miramont is incredibly high. The introductory rate for resident members is $50,000 and $25,000 for nonresidents. Membership is $375 a month for residents and $275 for non-residents. 
   “The cost to belong to this club is very low,” Spellman said. “The (Adam Corporation) carries all the excess operating costs. When we wanted to raise dues earlier this year, word came back from the company to keep them the way they were because of the great price value. I was flabbergasted.” 

http://texasgolfon.com/component/content/article/146.html
Tuco Salamanca
Miramont is by far the nicest..

But by far the most expensive..

Trads would be your best bet I think
tamu2009
AG
I would have expected miramonts monthly dues to be higher
VegasT
AG
Pebble Creek Country Club

FULL MEMBERSHIPS have complete access to all Club facilities and activities including golf, tennis, pool, clubhouse, restaurants
and special events.
Initiation: $5000 Monthly:$284.34

JUNIOR MEMBERSHIPS are available for individuals 21 to 35 years of age. Junior Members have access to all Club facilities and activities, including golf, tennis, pool, clubhouse, restaurants, & special events. Junior members must upgrade to Full Membership
prior to 36th Birthday. Initiation fees may be applied to the cost of full membership when the membership is upgraded.
Initiation: $2000 Monthly:$199.65

STUDENT MEMBERSHIPS are available to single individuals, 25 years or younger, attending school locally whose permanent
residence lies outside of the Bryan/College Station city limits. The annual fee for this membership provides access to all Club and Clubhouse facilities and activities. Proof of school enrollment is required (copy of most current school fee statement and copy of
school identification card) and a parent must co-sign the application. Parents may use the Club as guests. This membership may
be active for a maximum of four (4) years.
Annual:$1320

ALUMNI MEMBERSHIPS are available to families who live and work 75 miles or more away from the Club. The annual fee paid
for this membership provides access to all Club facilities, special events, and 24 rounds of golf per year. Local students who are
children of Alumni Members may use the Club as guests.
Annual: $880

NON-RESIDENT MEMBERSHIPS are available for families who live and work at least 35 miles from the Club. Non-Resident
Members have access to the membership category chosen as described above. Local students who are children of Non-Resident
Members may use the Club as guests.
Initiation: $2000 Monthly:$181.50

All membership categories(except Non-Resident and Student) are subject to a quarterly Food and beverage Minimum of $90.

Membership is by recommendation only and subject to Membership Committee approval.
VegasT
AG
Is Pebble Creek under new ownership and are they doing a membership drive where they are waiving the initiation fee?

[This message has been edited by VegasT (edited 7/5/2013 3:39p).]
Hanrahan
AG
Miramont monthy dues are insanely low. Mine are $700 a month. If I lived in Bcs I would join miramont in a heartbeat.
SW AG80
AG
Don't you have to be invited to be a member at Miramont?
Texas_Aggie91
AG
Briarcrest has a new option that I am on. I think it's called the Athletic or Sports option. I'm not positive on the name but it's for people under the age of 45. I paid a $200 initiation fee and it's $160/month. I believe families are around $225-250/month
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
Spellman said that the price value for Miramont is incredibly high. The introductory rate for resident members is $50,000 and $25,000 for nonresidents. Membership is $375 a month for residents and $275 for non-residents.

There are 5-6 courses/clubs in the Austin area that are more expensive and the course/service are a step DOWN from Miramont.

In the state, there are more than a dozen courses/clubs more expensive but LESS quality.

Miramont is one of the best deals in Texas for the price.
Yesterday
AG
quote:
Don't you have to be invited to be a member at Miramont?

Most high end CC's have stipulations where you have to be sponsored by other members and approved by the board. That said, most are very easy to get sponsorship and/or invited.
SW AG80
AG
So it doesn't take an invitation from Don himself?
xaggie95
AG
quote:
There are 5-6 courses/clubs in the Austin area that are more expensive and the course/service are a step DOWN from Miramont.

In the state, there are more than a dozen courses/clubs more expensive but LESS quality.

Miramont is one of the best deals in Texas for the price.

How's the staff at Miramont? Staff is what can make/break a club.
Yesterday
AG
Sw, I doubt it but I am just guessing. I'm sure Mr. Adams has better things to do than approve of golf memberships but then again i hear it's his baby.
Hanrahan
AG
You show up with a check and you aren't a complete asshat, you're the newest member of miramont.
jj9000
AG
Looking at the Miramont website makes me want to move there.
Dr T and the Women
AG
anyone know the story on out of town memberships at Traditions and Miramont?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jja79
AG
I'm a non-resident member at Traditions and I believe this is still correct. $2,750 initiation, $175/month plus cart fees. You can pay $1,200/year and have unlimited carts. That option is best if you live fairly nearby and are there often.

The golf course is good, it's tough but that's really the only reason (other than running into Aggie sports figures from time to time) to join. The pool and dining are just ok.
JarAG2007
AG
Does anyone know updates on these membership rates in the BCS?

I know Briarcrest is now under new management. Thanks.
att hello
quote:
anyone know the story on out of town memberships at Traditions and Miramont?
I know this old, but I"ll respond anyway. You're from Austin, so you should join the Hills of Lakeway. All of their of their golf memberships come with the One program. The One program gives you access to play Barton, Traditions, etc. on a monthly basis for just the cart fee.
t - cam
AG
How's pebble creek nowadays? I worked there in college 15 or so years ago. It was the nice club at the time and i did really like the course a lot. Have they kept it up since competition rolled in?
VegasT
AG
They have a new super (been there over a year now) and the course is 100 times better than 2 years ago. They seem to be making updates and upgrades all the time.

Haven't been out there in a few months so not sure how the summer has affected the course.
Bobaloo
We just switched from Pebble to Traditions. It is clear to me that Pebble is not serious about the golf experience to members. I have great memories of the place and the membership overall is great. However, I think the new owners take the golfers for granted. Basically a bad restaurant that happens to have 18 holes attached. Just my opinion...
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Prices all still pretty similar?
RebAg13
AG
Am also switching from Pebble to traditions
MarkPro
Glad to have you folks from Pebble. Hope you had fun at the MGA yesterday.
Sazerac
AG
Jealous of the low monthly vs Houston options...
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.