Horns Down is a hot topic of discussion at SEC Media Days

2,689 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by LOYAL AG
Big 12-0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Methinks the Longhorns thou protest too much:

No, Texas fans don't care about the 'Horns Down' taunts anyway (msn.com)

"Ask almost any Texas fan about 'Horns Down' and they'll laugh off the gesture just as they laugh off allegedly 'rivalries' with the likes of Texas Tech and West Virginia. Are those programs 'annoying'? Sure, a bit like a gnat is annoying to a horse. Neither raises to level of a genuine horse fly, let alone a braying donkey or another horse entering the paddock."
Texas velvet maestro
the one and only time it ever bothered me was houston nutt doing it in a game. seemed 20 years ago like something a HC shouldn't do. very un tom landry like. mack brown wouldn't do something like that.
yes, tom herman. that's his speed.

but it's not a biggie. used to see cars around town every week w sawem off bumper stickers. If I hated the horns and had nothing better to say or do, I'd horns down.
Big 12-0
Texas velvet maestro said:

the one and only time it ever bothered me was houston nutt doing it in a game. seemed 20 years ago like something a HC shouldn't do. very un tom landry like. mack brown wouldn't do something like that.

but it's not a biggie. used to see cars around town every week w sawem off bumper stickers. If I hated the horns and had nothing better to say or do, I'd horns down.

I feel the same way. I remember going to the Tech-AZ game back in 2019 and all the "GUNS DOWN" t-shirts and hand signs. It didn't bother me in the slightest.
carl spacklers hat
Nobody made a "Guns Down" t-shirt for such an insignificant game.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Big 12-0
carl spacklers hat said:

Huh? You must not be familiar with the Border Conference Wars. Tech and Arizona have A LOT of history between that translates nationwide.
Texas velvet maestro
Big 12-0 said:

carl spacklers hat said:

Huh? You must not be familiar with the Border Conference Wars. Tech and Arizona have A LOT of history between that translates nationwide.
when I was a little kid I remember y'all getting thrashed repeatedly by the nm lobos. the jimmy moore years.
UTExan

Big 12-0 said:

carl spacklers hat said:

when I was a little kid I remember y'all getting thrashed repeatedly by the nm lobos. the jimmy moore years.

The 1930s???
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Texas velvet maestro
no. like early 80s, late70's. nvm tech coach Jerry Moore. sorry
Big 12-0

Indeed! The Moore tenure was a dark time but I liked him on a personal level. Went on to coach Appalachian State and had some big wins and championships.
Loyalty
AG

lol, I remember the tech students at games with grocery bags on their heads with "Moore Embarrassment" scribbled across the front.
Texas velvet maestro
Old rivalries indeed
Big 12-0

Old rivalries indeed
With AZ and AZ State in THE TWELVE, what was old rivalries is new again.

I hope the Cats and Sunny D's remember that Tech won more conference championships than anyone in the Border Wars.

Stay tuned...
Texas velvet maestro
I was talking about me and Loyalty and the rest of us old heads
kb2001
AG
Most whorns didn't care, it was just standard trash talk, just like the whorns doing a thumbs down at Aggie fans in the stands. It was after Vince Young got arrested in the backroom of a strip club at 3am for starting a fight over horns down that others started to get sensitive about it.

It obviously bothers them if they went so far as to get a rule in place for it in the BDF. Just mentally weak clowns, nothing more.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vince-young-strip-club-brawl-caught-on-tape-cited-for-assault-in-dallas/
maroon barchetta

So you must have HATED what Tom Herman did when they were playing…Missouri? Who was the quarterback he mocked?
Texas velvet maestro
maroon barchetta said:

So you must have HATED what Tom Herman did when they were playing…Missouri? Who was the quarterback he mocked?
Didn't care for it. but what really got me was a pre game speech he gave to the team that was videoed and released before an oklahoma state game. where he told the team oSu would quit and stop playing hard.
They didn't. what kind of **** is that to tell your team before a game. he was just an untrustworthy egomaniac who let it show. not meant for greatness.
Martin Cash
AG

He couldn't. He was too busy clapping.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
Big 12-0
Martin Cash said:

He couldn't. He was too busy clapping.
I miss the good old days of Mack Brown clapping and Gary Patterson adjusting his pants and Mark Mangino scarfing down a pizza on the sidelines...
OMeara
Horns down hand sign:
Texas fans hate it, Texas players could care less.

It is basically the international signal to the world:
"I am a LOSER !!!"
93MarineHorn
OMeara said:

Horns down hand sign:
Texas fans hate it, Texas players could care less.

It is basically the international signal to the world:
"I am a LOSER !!!"
Especially when Texas isn't playing or you're not even at a sporting event. It is the biggest self-own in sports fandom.
BillYeoman
Texas velvet maestro
BillYeoman said:

I can live with that. ^^^^^
Big 12-0
BillYeoman said:

I will have you know that that's a photo of MY WIFE!
BillYeoman
Big 12-0 said:

BillYeoman said:

You UHpgraded?
Big 12-0
BillYeoman said:

Big 12-0 said:

BillYeoman said:

You UHpgraded?

Indeed!
Not Coach Jimbo
Why WV and tech?

Do the sooners not do it?

What about Maryland?
LOYAL AG
AG
Big 12-0 said:

BillYeoman said:

Does she know that?
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
LOYAL AG
AG
BillYeoman said:

I told my daughter when she went to college "don't make yourself a meme". I showed her tu girl flipping the bird after on of their many losses to OU and she got the point. This is another good example.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.