Storming the Field in Laramie

6,140 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Big 12-0
TXAGBQ76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LOL! He certainly did not mention that!
Big 12-0
Aggball2010 said:

TXAGBQ76 said:

Coming from dinner there was some bdf talking head on Sirius XM. There was a red fader player that said "…naw, the altitude had no affect on us. I drank beet juice all week- we all did to get ready. I didn't see anyone struggling with it. Wyoming just played better than us…". Hmmm, looks like only you were affected by the altitude huh?

This kills Bug 0-12's personal argument!

It can't be right. He'll tell you this! Promise

I'm surprised by you guys. Haven't you heard of the terms "coach speak" and "player speak"?

And beet juice? Is this some kind of magical potion the Red Raider trainers had to trek up a foreboding mountain to procure from a hermetic wizard?
Big 12-0
Aggball2010 said:

TXAGBQ76 said:

Coming from dinner there was some bdf talking head on Sirius XM. There was a red fader player that said "…naw, the altitude had no affect on us. I drank beet juice all week- we all did to get ready. I didn't see anyone struggling with it. Wyoming just played better than us…". Hmmm, looks like only you were affected by the altitude huh?

This kills Bug 0-12's personal argument!

It can't be right. He'll tell you this! Promise

Beet juice theory DENIED:
"The best acclimation plan is usually dependent on your experience at altitude, and your own baseline tolerance to low oxygen environments, but the key is always time accumulated in simulated altitude."
https://www.altitudecentre.com/research_post/beetroot-juice-for-altitude-performance-maybe-but-its-no-magic-bullet/
TXAGBQ76
AG
Ahhh, so you are verifying tt-ers lie. Got it!
As usual, your references don't do what you want them to. It doesn't say it doesn't work, it just says it's not a cure all.
I'm guessing you don't get flu shots, don't take prescription drugs, treatments for ailments, because they are not cure-alls- right?
TXAGBQ76
AG
Maybe, but not as bad as 12-0 speak, bloviating, inane ramblings, etc.
Big 12-0
What? I'm not verifying anything. I'm sure the training staff gave players beet juice which helped a bit. But other than moving practice to Wyoming a couple months in advance, it'd be hard to properly acclimate to the elevation that led to the greatest upset in college football history.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Being down to "we were their Super Bowl" after the first game of the season stacks up about the same as settling for the 300lb fatty at 2am because she's the only thing left at closing time.
TXAGBQ76
AG
That's one of your most insane takes- and you've had a bunch. There are a number of protocols to prepare for altitude that colleges and pros use. I've not heard of any team moving to Boulder or Laramie a month ahead of a game-but then you are grasping at straws.
Aggball2010
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

That's one of your most insane takes- and you've had a bunch. There are a number of protocols to prepare for altitude that colleges and pros use. I've not heard of any team moving to Boulder or Laramie a month ahead of a game-but then you are grasping at straws.

Not a "month"… "months"!

It's like tard has never heard of elevation masks used to simulate altitude during workouts. Probably didn't have the budget to buy them
Texas velvet maestro
The beetjuicegate story isn't going away. much like the beet juice scene in the wyoming visitors' locker room, the truth is starting to come out. It's pretty messy.
Ellis Wyatt
Ellis Wyatt
Quote:

It's like tard has never heard of elevation masks used to simulate altitude during workouts. Probably didn't have the budget to buy them
They tied Walmart bags over their heads.

Unfortunately, 3 Raiders died.
Aggball2010
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Quote:

They tied Walmart bags over their heads.

Unfortunately, 3 Raiders died.

Just put them in the shed.
Texas velvet maestro
Tech pondering modified ear pads for the coming matchup

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2023/09/07/portland-state-player-has-ear-ripped-off-during-blowout-loss-to-oregon/
Big 12-0
Ellis Wyatt said:

I'm thinking of renting a Conquistador costume for my trek to Austin!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.