Storming the Field in Laramie

6,131 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by Big 12-0
Big 12-0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TXAGBQ76 said:

#thanksfortakingthebait
#hopeyoudidnotchokeonthe worm

1. Make ridiculous statement
2. Get called out on it with receipts
3. "Dummy, you took the bait!"
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
Big 12-0 said:

I'm not even going to bring up the refs taking away a Tech field goal right before the half. One second left, ball snapped and kick sails through the uprights. Refs decide to take the points off the board and the Tech kicker misses his second attempt. Our coaches don't even fight it, assuming Tech will be bada$$ in the second half. But I won't dwell on it because Wyoming had the greatest upset in college football history.

Big 12-0 is the real life version of "the girl you don't want to talk to at a party."

Big 12-0
Quote:

Big 12-0 is the real life version of "the girl you don't want to talk to at a party because she's way out of your league."
Lurch
AG
Big 12-0 said:

Tech CANNOT start 0-2. That is UNACCEPTABLE!

I feel a bit sorry for the Ducks. Tech will be ON POINT for this game after the greatest upset in college football history.

You know what happens when a Dragon is backed up in the corner, right? It breathes out FIRE and stuff!

Stay tuned…
"Everything Runs Through Lubbock" slogan has been changed to "Lubbock Has The Runs"
TXAGBQ76
AG
Wow, you just outed yourself! How brave!
TommyBrady
AG
Everything runs through Lubbock including the train that Oregon is about to run. Joey McTubberville is perfect for Tech. Stay Tuned…
texag84
AG
Ducks going in dry
jrdaustin
AG
Big 12-0 said:

Quote:

Big 12-0 is the real life version of "the girl you don't want to talk to at a party because she's way out of your league."

Thanks for the lesson about how the mind of a not-so-attractive BSC chick works.
Big 12-0
texag84 said:

Ducks going in dry

QuackQUACK!!!!!!!
TXAGBQ76
AG
Is that the tt version of the Deliverence- "squeal like a pig!" or "you've got a purtty mouf"?
TTUArmy
Aggball2010 said:

Big 12-0 said:

Elevation threw Tech off their game.

The lengths you will go to is extraordinary.

Bryan-College Station elevation: 338' above sea level

Lubbock elevation: 3,256' above sea level

Laramie elevation: 7165' above sea level

Considering how often we beat Aggies, I'm a little surprised y'all didn't use this excuse when you came to Lubbock.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Nah, we either win or get out scored.
But we are 3-0 vs Wyoming, including 1-0 in Laramie.
aggiejim70
AG
Don't be too hard on our friends in Lubbock. They're one hundred per cent focused on the azz kicking they've got coming in Austin. Hard to concentrate with that hanging over you.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Big 12-0
aggiejim70 said:

Don't be too hard on our friends in Lubbock. They're one hundred per cent focused on the azz kicking they've got coming in Austin. Hard to concentrate with that hanging over you.

Slow down there, pardner. Laramie's elevation is 7,000+, while Austin hovers around 600. Texas will not have the elevation advantage that Wyoming did in winning the greatest upset in college football history.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Wyoming shouldn't have either if tt had an S&C program that properly prepared them for the altitude- but then we are talking about tt.
Texas velvet maestro
TXAGBQ76 said:

Wyoming shouldn't have either if tt had an S&C program that properly prepared them for the altitude- but then we are talking about tt.
this is an on-point observation. I'm getting confirmation from my sources about Tech's strength and conditioning strategy leading up to this high elevation road trip
Big 12-0
How else can you explain Wyoming pulling off the greatest upset in college football history?

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." Arthur Conan Doyle
maroon barchetta
Big 12-0 said:

How else can you explain Wyoming pulling off the greatest upset in college football history?

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." Arthur Conan Doyle

That was Spock.
TXAGBQ76
AG
LOL! The tt v Wyoming game was not even a blip on anybody outside of Laramie or lubbutt's radar screen. A large majority of folks would not have known you even played and lost if you did not run over here with your normal inane schtick. So far, the only folks upset are those tt-ers who shot their mouths off about how badly they were going to beat Wyoming- and are now making excuses and acting like it was ever even relevant.
Big 12-0
TXAGBQ76 said:

LOL! The tt v Wyoming game was not even a blip on anybody outside of Laramie or lubbutt's radar screen. A large majority of folks would not have known you even played and lost if you did not run over here with your normal inane schtick. So far, the only folks upset are those tt-ers who shot their mouths off about how badly they were going to beat Wyoming- and are now making excuses and acting like it was ever even relevant.

Whatever!
TXAGBQ76
AG
LOL!
Texas velvet maestro
TXAGBQ76 said:

LOL! The tt v Wyoming game was not even a blip on anybody outside of Laramie or lubbutt's radar screen. A large majority of folks would not have known you even played and lost...
This may be true, regarding the general population, but in the strength and conditioning community, and among trainers, this Tech game is being called the greatest display of game-week incompetence in college football history.
wait until you hear what happened.
Loyalty
AG
Big 12-0 said:

Rusty Aha said:

No goal posts in the stands? *yawn*

No goal posts in the stands… yet! Take it from me, it takes a few minutes to tear those suckas loose.

Y'all need to up the fan game like the good ole days. Feces in the visiting team bus, tortillas thrown on the visiting team, and I mean lots of tortillas. And batteries, lots of batteries. And tell the bell ringer dude to go non stop when the ducks are on offense. Let's go!
Big 12-0
Loyalty said:

Big 12-0 said:

Rusty Aha said:

No goal posts in the stands? *yawn*

No goal posts in the stands… yet! Take it from me, it takes a few minutes to tear those suckas loose.

Y'all need to up the fan game like the good ole days. Feces in the visiting team bus, tortillas thrown on the visiting team, and I mean lots of tortillas. And batteries, lots of batteries. And tell the bell ringer dude to go non stop when the ducks are on offense. Let's go!

GOOOOO RAAIIIDDDDEERRS!
Hehateme1
Big 12-0 said:

Perhaps the Wyoming RB's did not know to fall down when they were tackled.

Them teasips are pretty dumb.

Maybe even dumber than you.

- your Uncle Mikey
Big 12-0
maroon barchetta said:

That was Spock.

Really? Credit a fictional character over a real-time scientist?
UTExan
Meanwhile, the soon to be disintegrated PAC 12 conference is the only P5 conference undefeated at this point. Ironic, it is.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Big 12-0
UTExan said:

Meanwhile, the soon to be disintegrated PAC 12 conference is the only P5 conference undefeated at this point. Ironic, it is.
Did any PAC 12 team have to play on the road in 7000+ feet in elevation?
TTUArmy
God I miss the smack around here. Spend all my time time on Politics.

Funny story...

I regularly max'd my PT test in the Army. I ran two-mile in just under 11 minutes. Being infantry, I stayed in good shape.

So, it came time to re-up and I PCS'd from Ft Richardson, AK to Ft Carson, CO. In my first company run, my company commander said..."Don't feel bad if you can't keep up." A company run? I laughed.

About 3 miles into a 5-mile run, my lungs were on fire...and I was not laughing. It took about a month of solid training to get back to where I was. That high altitude is no joke.

Even so, that was just above sea level to 7K feet. Coming from Lubbock, Tech should have had no issues with that WY altitude. If they were truly gassed, then S/C is busted as hell and Wyoming was a preview for the rest of a dumpster fire season.
UTExan
Big 12-0 said:

UTExan said:

Did any PAC 12 team have to play on the road in 7000+ feet in elevation?

TBH, if you live in Utah, NM or Colorado, 7,000 feet is probably just a few miles away. Boulder, Albuquerque, Colorado Springs are all places at least a mile high. If you come to Rice-Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City, it's 4600+ ft high. Come on, Big 12, the Red Raiders ran into a tough team. As Kaiser Wilhelm told the British king during the Boer War after the British Army suffered 3 defeats at the hands of Afrikaner militia: "Even the crackest football team, after a thrashing, puts a good face on it and congratulates the winner."
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
AGSWON
AG
Big 12-0 said:

Congrats, Cowboys! You slayed the dragon. This is the biggest upset in college football history. Lot of questions to answer for Tech.
I thought our App. State game last year was the greatest upset of all time.
Big 12-0
AGSWON said:

Big 12-0 said:

Congrats, Cowboys! You slayed the dragon. This is the biggest upset in college football history. Lot of questions to answer for Tech.
I thought our App. State game last year was the greatest upset of all time.

Not by me. I thought it would be very close with the Aggies squeaking by. I was wrong.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Coming from dinner there was some bdf talking head on Sirius XM. There was a red fader player that said "…naw, the altitude had no affect on us. I drank beet juice all week- we all did to get ready. I didn't see anyone struggling with it. Wyoming just played better than us…". Hmmm, looks like only you were affected by the altitude huh?
Aggball2010
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

Coming from dinner there was some bdf talking head on Sirius XM. There was a red fader player that said "…naw, the altitude had no affect on us. I drank beet juice all week- we all did to get ready. I didn't see anyone struggling with it. Wyoming just played better than us…". Hmmm, looks like only you were affected by the altitude huh?

This kills Bug 0-12's personal argument!

It can't be right. He'll tell you this! Promise
Texas velvet maestro
they're trying to shut down the beet juice story. I'm hearing there was diarrhea. beet juice floors walls ceiling, at halftime the visitors locker room looked like a scene from cannibal holocaust
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.