Tom Herman

8,304 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by nortex97
george1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I believe he needs to be given a few more years to turn this ship around. Progress is being made. He's just a few pieces away from contending for a nattie.
BohunkAg
AG
McInnis80
The Horns are stuck with Tom. With the Legislature coming back to town in January and dealing with a budget deficit, it would be really bad look for UT to spend money to fire and hire a football coach.
BohunkAg
AG
McInnis80 said:

The Horns are stuck with Tom. With the Legislature coming back to town in January and dealing with a budget deficit, it would be really bad look for UT to spend money to fire and hire a football coach.
Their "big money donors" aren't too happy right now either with the way the AD has handled the Eyes of Texas situation...or so I've heard.
West Point Aggie
AG
McInnis80 said:

That actually would be a bad look...
Let’s Go Brandon!
greg.w.h
AG
Pooh Ah said:

You can just tell when a team is coached well.

Execution in the face of adversity.
His QB1 has to throw over him...
ElephantRider
AG
How are they a young team every year?
Hendrix
AG
Keep Titter Tom!
ABATTBQ11
AG
That's the look of, "Dafuq am I doing?"
george1992
ElephantRider said:

How are they a young team every year?

Talking points taught at coaching clinics.
JustisWalkert
AG
Tom has made incremental progress over Charlie. They have mastered the strategy of the coin toss.
jagged
AG
george1992 said:

I believe he needs to be given a few more years to turn this ship around. Progress is being made. He's just a few pieces away from contending for a nattie.
I have to say it's been fun rooting for Texas NOT to fire the last couple of coaches.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Pooh Ah said:

That is unbelievably embarrassing.
DifferenceMaker Ag
Pooh Ah said:

Hmmm... I've seen this before...

Skull Session
Looks like Tom Terrific just needs a little more time to break in his new coordinators and get them up to speed. They definitely look to be the best money can buy that will come coach in the Big12.

As far as the players not singing problem is concerned, the team militants can sing I've been working on the railroad to that tune and Sam and that other guy can sing the eyes of texas. Problem solved.

The horn media should be put in time out for a couple of years so tom can work his magic! Nothing worse than having a backbiting, backstabbing bunch of imps that couldn't even play the sport telling Tom what to do! Besides after Sam the bomb hangs up his cletes we can have kellen Mond transfer to the 40 acres for his final year of eligibility. Success is just around the corner sip fans!
A New Hope
BohunkAg said:

More burnt toast.
nortex97
AG
Fedup said:

BohunkAg said:

More burnt toast.
All part of the mastermind's master plan.

Quote:

Herman's teams have been some of the most undisciplined groups in UT history. The 2017, 2018 and 2019 teams hold three of the top five spots in the UT record book for penalty yardage. Fortunately, this season has fewer games, because if this was a typical 12-game slate, Texas would be on pace for 1,000 penalty yards.

Only two teams in UT history have been worse the 1980 team (1,023 yards, 11 games) and the 1978 squad (1,008, 11 games).
Still, the Horns continue to hurt themselves week in and week out. Texas had 11 penalties for 101 yards in last Saturday's four-overtime loss to Oklahoma. Herman's club has now drawn double-digit flags in three straight conference games.

One is an aberration, two is disturbing but three is a trend. This is simply an undisciplined team.

"I think they all need to be taken individually and see why and how and what," Herman said Monday.
It won't take long to dissect some of them.

Nowhere in the game of football, from Pee Wee to the NFL, are you allowed to shove a player in the back. And yet that's exactly what senior center Derek Kerstetter, a team captain no less, did to an Oklahoma player. Quarterback Sam Ehlinger has just run for 15 yards to the goal line on third-and-16.

The Horns backed up and had to take a field goal.

Nowhere are you allowed to smack talk and shove a punt returner after the play. And yet that's exactly what junior punter Ryan Bujcevski did, earning an unsportsmanlike penalty, after Marvin Mims' 36-yard return. OU started at the Texas 30 and got a field goal.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.