Tom Herman

8,302 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by nortex97
CoachtobeNamed$$$
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Watched his post game interview which again showed the guy is absolutely uncomfortable in his own skin. I can't remember if they fire him this year if he's owed $10 or $20 million. Posts from sips I've read seem 100% unanimous they are ready for him to be gone. So glad we didn't jump the shark and go after him when he appeared to be the hottest young coach in all the land.
LOYAL AG
AG
Yeah he's in way over his head. Their problems are significantly deeper than whomever is the head coach but Herman hasn't a clue how to fix this. I predicted he would be fired this year after seeing the poor OL recruiting in his very first class. Since then they've gotten worse up front every year. Hopefully the buyout is the $20m range and they aren't willing to go there because of Corona.
Madman
AG
texag84
AG
But, but, best kisser in college football
Madman
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Yeah he's in way over his head. Their problems are significantly deeper than whomever is the head coach but Herman hasn't a clue how to fix this. I predicted he would be fired this year after seeing the poor OL recruiting in his very first class. Since then they've gotten worse up front every year. Hopefully the buyout is the $20m range and they aren't willing to go there because of Corona.

He reminds me of Fran. But even more embarrassing
One Louder
AG
texag84 said:

But, but, best kisser in college football

Therein lies the problem. Social distancing and masking has taken his motivational advantage.
SandiaAg12
AG
Have read buyout may be greater than 20 million when considering buyout necessary for entire staff. Then the cost of a new coach may push the total closer to 30 million than 20. This is for an athletic department that already has by far the highest expenses of all universities and barely makes a profit despite high revenue.

Don't they still have some old coaches still on payroll? Not sure if they have completed all of those payments yet.

Considering all of the above and the impact of Covid on revenue stream it would be a very inopportune time to make a coaching change regardless of the overwhelmingly desire to have Tom Herman removed as head coach.

Let them make fun of Jimbo all they want. They would die to be in our position.

agsteve77
AG
Cue Urban Meyer
Hood
AG
JimboFFisher said:

Watched his post game interview which again showed the guy is absolutely uncomfortable in his own skin. I can't remember if they fire him this year if he's owed $10 or $20 million. Posts from sips I've read seem 100% unanimous they are ready for him to be gone. So glad we didn't jump the shark and go after him when he appeared to be the hottest young coach in all the land.
$19.25 million.

That fluky Georgia win got him extended. Now it's a cool $20 million to make a switch.
Phatbob
AG
The lack of shows and concerts are going to destroy their "athletics department revenue" this year, they're stuck with him for now
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Madman said:

Never gets old... Those DCTF Herman knob lickers ....
george1992
agsteve77 said:

Cue Urban Meyer
Ha. Urban usually doesn't go into situations where he cannot win right away and he knows what a dumpster fire their university is right now (not that ours is much better on the woke movement).

That being said, Urban also likes the money and I'm sure if they can pony up a guaranteed contract at $25 million per year for 10 years, along with other incentives such as a $5 million per year bonus for beating OU and $15 million bonus for making the playoff, Urban might entertain the offer.
MikeRoEconomist
AG
Quote:

Their problems are significantly deeper than whomever is the head coach
Agreed - and many of them don't even recognize this. If they aren't able to pull in a proven P5 coach in the next hire, it is 100% the behind the scenes ****show that is preventing it.
george1992
AgOutsideAustin said:

Madman said:

Never gets old... Those DCTF Herman knob lickers ....
In a year where I'm boycotting our football team, the mensa continues to deliver. And now for our continued tribute:

And then he does this:

And now their hotties are doing this:

Can't get enough of this girl. She completely occupying my mind right now.

I imagine this guy is really enjoying this ****show.

goodAg80
AG
W
AG
Herman will be the coach in 2021.

as previously mentioned by others...he and his staff are owed way, way too much money to be fired.

have to wait another season to get that amount down
Jack Cheese
AG
JimboFFisher said:

Watched his post game interview which again showed the guy is absolutely uncomfortable in his own skin.

He is just that weird breed of narcissist whose self-expression is strained and bizarre. He plans ahead of time to kiss his players on camera, carry a bat off the bus, etc and thinks that the rest of us will be impressed. He probably stuffs a sock in his pants too.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Remember this the next time someone wants to hire any coach from a mid-major!

Beat case, it's a coin flip.
DifferenceMaker Ag
Pooh Ah
AG

You can just tell when a team is coached well.

Execution in the face of adversity.
Party Boy
It'll be really, really funny when this dorky f**got gets fired.

Teasips were willing to blow him at the 50 yard line just a couple of months ago.
TheCougarHunter
AG
You think they want chollie back yet?
dixichkn
AG
It'll be a shame when they fire him. Rarely if ever has a head coach and his fan/alumni base so closely mirrored each other.......arrogant, aloof, bizarre and just chock full of fail.
DGAG92
AG
Keep Herman!! He and his wife snort coke from strippers asses!!
Class of 1992
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Artimus Gordon
Actually Tom is the perfect fit for the longhorn fan base. An Arrogant, obnoxious, narcissist. They just need to give him more time. Findng a quality head coach In the current environment is a real crap shoot! Too many outside interests have their nose in your business. Plus firing Tom now is really a bad look after running off Mack brown and Charlie strong.
Muy
AG
"Hey Texas fans! We're baaaaaaaaack!"
goodAg80
AG

Herman has a fan base
The Collective
AG
That DCTF cover is the sports equivalent of Obama winning a Nobel Peace Prize for getting elected.
dreyOO
Party Boy said:

It'll be really, really funny when this dorky f**got gets fired.

Teasips were willing to blow him at the 50 yard line just a couple of months ago.

And then we'll get to see all the goofy antics up on eBay: "lightly used sledgehammer and hardhat, pony league baseball bat and fake diamond ring chain, etc".
TXAGBQ76
AG
According to the tears thread on premium, between Mack, Charlie and Tommy Boy, the nut is >$83M.
Post removed:
by user
LostInLA07
AG
He's not getting fired this year. Very few coaches will. It's a write off year due to Covid. He'll enter next year on the hottest of hot seats and may not make it through the season.
texag84
AG
I agree - he'll be back next year with a pre-season rating of #5, after a hard fought and galant 4-6 2020 record with a very young team.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.