Sips have not won the bdf is 10 years

14,298 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 2004FIGHTINTXAG
BronkNagurski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AirborneEngineer said:

It's laughable that an A&M fan would post anything negative about Texas football program or Texas not winning the Conference title In 10 years . I recently retired from the Army this year and my ENTIRE 20 years on active duty , Texas A&M NEVER won a conference title !

To make matters worse.. you put fake national titles on your stadium to "fit in".. and you really haven't done anything of note .. almost hardly ever!

Last National Title: 1939
Last SEC Title: NEVER
Last Big 12 Title: 1998
Last BCS Bowl Win: NEVER
Last Rose Bowl Win: NEVER
Last Orange Bowl Win: NEVER
Last Sugar Bowl Win: NEVER
Last Fiesta Bowl Win: NEVER
Top 5 Finishes in the last 50 yrs: 1
Top 10 Finishes in the last 50 yrs: 7

LOL, Whorn got his panties in a wad. Army had a lot of national titles, too. Once. Priorities change, rules change, schools change. Bet you are real proud of a school that features dildo parades and a city that erected a statue on 6th Street to a homeless cross-dresser who came in 3rd place for mayor. I wonder if, 30 years from now, Tessus will be thought of as a 'has been' or ;never was'.
AirborneEngineer
Yes, I really was in the Army. 12B, 4ID, 173rd Airborne, 25th ID and the Big Red One. 1999-2019..

No, I did not go to UT, I actually almost went to A&M. Am I a Longhorns fan? Absolutely. I have been a Longhorns fan since I was a kid. Actually got my first football letter from Randy Rogers at UT back in the 90's... I don't choose my college football teams based on a perceived impression of what they think about the military. If that was the case I would be offended at the fact that despite all those people in the Corps dressing up and playing military every year.. only about 50% join the real military. But I don't let that bother me.. it's Football!
technoviking
AG
AirborneEngineer said:

Yes, I really was in the Army. 12B, 4ID, 173rd Airborne, 25th ID and the Big Red One. 1999-2019..

No, I did not go to UT, I actually almost went to A&M. Am I a Longhorns fan? Absolutely. I have been a Longhorns fan since I was a kid. Actually got my first football letter from Randy Rogers at UT back in the 90's... I don't choose my college football teams based on a perceived impression of what they think about the military. If that was the case I would be offended at the fact that despite all those people in the Corps dressing up and playing military every year.. only about 50% join the real military. But I don't let that bother me.. it's Football!

So you're devaluing the efforts of the 50% that do join the military. That's ****ty of you.
A New Hope
AirborneEngineer said:

What % of Texas Cowboys are actually cowboys?
Jock 07
AG
AirborneEngineer said:

No, I did not go to UT
shocking.
Here's what sip actually thinks of you: https://www.dailytexanonline.com/2019/09/23/ut-needs-to-reconsider-its-support-of-university-rotc-program?fbclid=IwAR3qlC7wldq8JPB56dIPXwXbulj6nnq_0zJ2-vNNsQ3hfTCvmT140DSo2tM

What do you think of the service academy freshmen and sophomores who dress up when quite a few actually never join the military?
Texan1976
AirborneEngineer said:

It's laughable that an A&M fan would post anything negative about Texas football program or Texas not winning the Conference title In 10 years . I recently retired from the Army this year and my ENTIRE 20 years on active duty , Texas A&M NEVER won a conference title !

To make matters worse.. you put fake national titles on your stadium to "fit in".. and you really haven't done anything of note .. almost hardly ever!

You can't go around posting facts like this on this board.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
3 BDF titles. None since it became the shell it is today.
Texan1976

Nobody is disputing that Bama has been great under Saban, or that Florida was great under Meyer - or even that Auburn was great for one year when they bought the best player in the sport.

What is ****ing asinine is the common refrain by talking heads and idiot fans that implies that "SEC football" is an entirely different and superior) sport than what everyone else plays. You hear it all the time - "SEC speed," "SEC defenses," blah blah blah.

It's not that Alabama is overrated - it's that Vandy and Kentucky and Tennessee and South Carolina and Miss and MSU and A&M, and to a lesser extent Auburn and Georgia, are overrated because they play in the SEC. Most teams in that conference are wildly overrated. That's why it's annoying.

That and the fact that on-field results never seem to have any effect on this SEC dogma - Georgia lost to Texas because they were disinterested, not because their archaic offense was completely suffocated by better coaching when matched against similar athletes; Missouri, a perennial B12 also-ran wins the SEC East twice in its first 3 years in that conference; A&M's best years in the SEC were their first 2 - after defecting from the B12 (where they weren't particularly good); etc.
GAC06
AG
I didn't read your little diatribe past the first paragraph. I just wanted to laugh at you for logging on to TexAgs to say the SEC is overrated after losing to an SEC team.
Jock 07
AG
Sip calling anyone over rated is the Webster definition of irony
2004FIGHTINTXAG
A sip complaining that the SEC is overrated?! Ha! The irony.

Every year, tu is ranked in the preseason 25. Every freaking year regardless of how crappy they were the year before. Even when they have a losing season, they are right there in the next season's preseason poll.

Typical sip.
technoviking
AG
5 of the SEC members have won national titles since 1998. Is there another conference that has had that many different members win the title?

SEC produces more NFL talent than any other conference every year. Last year it set the record for most NFL talent produced with 64 draftees.

The SEC perennially has more teams with top recruiting classes.

SEC was the first to make a major conference wide network.

No one is getting excited about big 12 football nationally. It would be asinine to assume that - its most overrated member destroyed its chance of having a nationally televised network. The big 12s concentration of teams in one state means that there will always be an lopsided distribution of talent funneled to one team rather than their being talent divvied out among the conference members.z

It's a trash setup in the big 12. A&M is much better off in the SEC.
dermdoc
AG
Texan1976 said:

Nobody is disputing that Bama has been great under Saban, or that Florida was great under Meyer - or even that Auburn was great for one year when they bought the best player in the sport.

What is ****ing asinine is the common refrain by talking heads and idiot fans that implies that "SEC football" is an entirely different and superior) sport than what everyone else plays. You hear it all the time - "SEC speed," "SEC defenses," blah blah blah.

It's not that Alabama is overrated - it's that Vandy and Kentucky and Tennessee and South Carolina and Miss and MSU and A&M, and to a lesser extent Auburn and Georgia, are overrated because they play in the SEC. Most teams in that conference are wildly overrated. That's why it's annoying.

That and the fact that on-field results never seem to have any effect on this SEC dogma - Georgia lost to Texas because they were disinterested, not because their archaic offense was completely suffocated by better coaching when matched against similar athletes; Missouri, a perennial B12 also-ran wins the SEC East twice in its first 3 years in that conference; A&M's best years in the SEC were their first 2 - after defecting from the B12 (where they weren't particularly good); etc.

So how do you explain why the NFL drafts significantly more SEC players(from ALL the teams)than any other conference? Have they bought into this who SEC over rated thing?

Did you actually get a degree from tu? If so, I assume cognitive reasoning was not included.

Edited to add that the SEC,SEC,Sec had 53 players drafted

Sip conference 20

According to this sip genius, we have completely fooled the NFL. Man, we are good.

Oh and Omeire in a new interview said he flipped to the sips because he looked at the depth charts and thought he had a better chance to start. Truth that.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GAC06
AG
The SEC had 64 players drafted in 2019, breaking its own record.

Big12 had 26 (dead last among "power" conferences)

The SEC averaged 4.57 picks per team
The Big12 averaged 2.6
The AAC averaged .91

According to the most recent draft, the Big12 is closer to the AAC in talent than the SEC.

In short, Texan1976, shut the **** up and go get your shine box.
Repeat the Line
Cheating to beat Kansas at home......simply, wow.
Aero95
AG
Texan1976 said:

I'm enjoying this season. And how recruiting is going.

This is aging nicely!
AgOutsideAustin
AG
^^^^^^ damn
Muy
AG
Aero95 said:

Texan1976 said:

I'm enjoying this season. And how recruiting is going.

This is aging nicely!

Where is that t-shirt sip?
Joe Exotic
AG
He will be back in September of 2020.
Muy
AG
The BDF hasn't won a major men's sport's national championship since Kansas in 2008.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Texan1976 said:

AirborneEngineer said:

You can't go around posting facts like this on this board.

Well, it's factually incorrect. We won the 1940 Sugar Bowl. So check that one off...ha!
Ed Torian
Watching losers defend "their" school's honor on an Aggie message board will never, ever get old.
George Costanza
This is sad. Texas and Texas A&M fans arguing over who has been less of an underachiever the last 10-20 years.
Muy
AG
3rd in the SEC is finishing 2 spots ahead of first place in the BDF.
Science Denier
AG
Texan1976 said:

The NFL, the most in-biased football talent evaluation system on the planet says the SEC is by far the best conference in football and that you are an idiot.

Congrats
Repeat the Line
Texan1976?
1976Ag
AG
To the sip trolls:

"Over reliance on past glory is the past tense of success and the present tense of failure"
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Dude disappeared a couple months ago.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.