Sips have not won the bdf is 10 years

14,258 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 2004FIGHTINTXAG
Repeat the Line
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How do you rig a conference, and still go a decade without a conference title?
BronkNagurski
Adorable Mason Reeves said:

How do you rig a conference, and still go a decade between conference titles?
It's about cultural priorities. You know, dildo parades and 6th Street statues to homeless cross-dressing 'came-in-third-place' mayoral candidates.
Loyalty
AG

usually in life you get what you deserve...
aggiehawg
AG

Bring in TCU with Patterson and let Art Briles set up shop in Waco, that's how.
ghollow
AG

You have to know what you are doing first. Just being arrogant about everything is not enough.
Aggie Dad Sip

It's a mystery for sure. For all the money I spend on donations, tickets, ref payoffs and bagman fees I'm getting a little impatient.
aggiehawg
AG
OK_Sip said:

It's a mystery for sure. For all the money I spend on donations, tickets, ref payoffs and bagman fees I'm getting a little impatient.
As you should be. LOL.

It wasn't just Deloss though, Castiglione at OU was right there with him with the grand plan to get the easiest path to the championship game under the old BCS for one of the two of them. When the college football playoff regime was implemented, the flaw in the strategy became evident and Bob Stoops saw the writing on the wall and knew he wasn't going to be able to pull it off. But he left OU in better shape with Lincoln Riley (and finally getting rid Big Game Bob's brother, the execrable DC Mike Stoops.)

Similarly the sips finally showed a defiant Mack Brown the door but didn't make an improvement on either the coaching hires nor the AD hire. Absolute disaster.

With Stoops hanging up his visor and Mack getting kicked to the curb when rules were changing reminds me of when Darrell Royal and Frank Broyles both decided to quit coaching when the number of schollies were being more and more restricted. Both understood the game was changing and was passing them by.
Muy
AG
How do sips question the Aggies' success in the SEC when they can't win the worst P5 conference in the nation?
elfurioso92
AG
Listen, they've been a young team focused on building the character of these young men through the application of core values. Winning? They leave that to the Oklahoma's of the conference.
Aggie Dad Sip
Muy said:

How do sips question the Aggies' success in the SEC when they can't win the worst P5 conference in the nation?

Because Texas A&M been an average to slightly above average team since 1999 in both the Big 12 and the SEC.
aggiehawg
AG
OK_Sip said:

Muy said:

Because Texas A&M been an average to slightly above average team since 1999 in both the Big 12 and the SEC.
At least we didn't have losing seasons in the toughest conference like the sips did in the weakest. Call us mediocre if you want but you also have to admit the sips sucked canal water for several seasons, too.

Charlie Strong was real not just some nightmare you had one evening.
Aggie Dad Sip
aggiehawg said:

OK_Sip said:

Muy said:

At least we didn't have losing seasons in the toughest conference like the sips did in the weakest. Call us mediocre if you want but you also have to admit the sips sucked canal water for several seasons, too.

Yeah, I would never deny that Texas was a bad program from 2010-2017. Charlie Strong was terrible, but had we not hired him we probably wouldn't have Tom Herman today. Herman may be a bit of weirdo, but he has definitely changed the culture, recruited his backside off and consequently improved the performance of the team on the field.

And I realize that the SEC is the best conference in college football today. But I don't believe for a minute that y'all are truly satisfied by 9-4 every year. You're in the conference you want to be in, in the division you wan to be in, and seem to take an enormous amount of pride in that, However, to dismiss any success Texas has in football by claiming the Big 12 is terrible, has always been terrible and will always be terrible comes off as sour grapes.

I don't know what y'all think of LSU as a football program right now, but the fact is that Texas beat a good OU team last year, a really good Georgia team in January and took LSU to the wire. Texas is not a bad team anymore.
KerrvilleAg
All I got to say is:

OU got demolished in the playoff

Georgia might have been the 3rd or 4th best team in the SEC last year ( with ALL starters playing not the -6 that sat out your meaningless bowl)

LSU MIGHT finish on top or #3/4 in the SEC West. Who knows.
whoop91
AG
OK_Sip said:

aggiehawg said:

OK_Sip said:

Muy said:

Yeah, I would never deny that Texas was a bad program from 2010-2017. Charlie Strong was terrible, but had we not hired him we probably wouldn't have Tom Herman today. Herman may be a bit of weirdo, but he has definitely changed the culture, recruited his backside off and consequently improved the performance of the team on the field.

And I realize that the SEC is the best conference in college football today. But I don't believe for a minute that y'all are truly satisfied by 9-4 every year. You're in the conference you want to be in, in the division you wan to be in, and seem to take an enormous amount of pride in that, However, to dismiss any success Texas has in football by claiming the Big 12 is terrible, has always been terrible and will always be terrible comes off as sour grapes.

I don't know what y'all think of LSU as a football program right now, but the fact is that Texas beat a good OU team last year, a really good Georgia team in January and took LSU to the wire. Texas is not a bad team anymore.
Most of this is common knowledge by a lot of people. It is also common knowledge that Texas has been saying they are ok with a weak conference, they created, to have an easier path to the playoffs. So it is not Aggies just saying this. Everyone says it, even Texas. And we won't dismiss Texas success when they have some. They have not had some in a long time. However, your team seems to be a lot better this year. We will see.

Last year, A&M was third in the SEC. 2nd in the West with Alabama being first. That was not a bad or mediocre year. Losing to Auburn killed the year though. Two of the 4 losses were to the teams that played for it all. Not a bad record based on who we played.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Sour grapes?

No dear, it's called being quite happy and gloating. Our financial fortunes are based upon solid and lucrative media deals. And we are also a national brand now.

I'm not sure one can say the same for the Big XII's future. That's just an observation and assessment of the likely trajectory in the next couple of years.
Aggie Dad Sip
whoop91 said:

OK_Sip said:

aggiehawg said:

OK_Sip said:

Muy said:

Most of this is common knowledge by a lot of people. It is also common knowledge that Texas has been saying they are ok with a weak conference, they created, to have an easier path to the playoffs. So it is not Aggies just saying this. Everyone says it, even Texas. And we won't dismiss Texas success when they have some. They have not had some in a long time. However, your team seems to be a lot better this year. We will see.

Last year, A&M was third in the SEC. 2nd in the West with Alabama being first. That was not a bad or mediocre year. Losing to Auburn killed the year though. Two of the 4 losses were to the teams that played for it all. Not a bad record based on who we played.

Not at all, and you look to be a QB away from being a contender. And Mond may still be that guy. It's entirely possible that Texas and A&M are both top notch teams.
91_Aggie
AG
We have to be careful, lest anyone forgets that Texas lost to Kansas in the last 3 years.

Aggie Dad Sip
aggiehawg said:

OK_Sip said:

As you should be. LOL.

It wasn't just Deloss though, Castiglione at OU was right there with him with the grand plan to get the easiest path to the championship game under the old BCS for one of the two of them. When the college football playoff regime was implemented, the flaw in the strategy became evident and Bob Stoops saw the writing on the wall and knew he wasn't going to be able to pull it off. But he left OU in better shape with Lincoln Riley (and finally getting rid Big Game Bob's brother, the execrable DC Mike Stoops.)

Similarly the sips finally showed a defiant Mack Brown the door but didn't make an improvement on either the coaching hires nor the AD hire. Absolute disaster.

With Stoops hanging up his visor and Mack getting kicked to the curb when rules were changing reminds me of when Darrell Royal and Frank Broyles both decided to quit coaching when the number of schollies were being more and more restricted. Both understood the game was changing and was passing them by.

Absolutely. I think Emery Ballard left two seasons later too.
APHIS AG

And they are not going to win it this year, either.
(Removed:11023A)
AG
let's be honest, the ut is a good team stigma came out of beating a Georgia team that wanted to be anywhere but at the sugar bowl! That's it!! That's the ONLY good team that you beat (sorry and OU in conference play) and that's where your hype comes from. You haven't earned it or proof to anybody that you are actually a good team. Your schedule sucks ass because you have ONLY 2 teams you play that are actually good. One is not even in your conference.....we on the other hand have to grind it out every damn week!!

We just lost to the #1 team in the nation at their place 24-10 and we are crucifying our players as if it had been a 77-0 ass whooping! Our standards have changed due to the competition we see every week!
DifferenceMaker Ag
The #5 team left outside looking into the CFP has finished 1-5 in their bowl games.

1-5

Any questions??????

GFY sips.
South Platte
DifferenceMaker Ag said:

The #5 team left outside looking into the CFP has finished 1-5 in their bowl games.

1-5

Any questions??????

GFY sips.
It may have something to do with the fact that they are playing other Top 10 teams and somebody has to lose.

I was at the Baylor-Michigan State game. Baylor didn't play like they were sad about being left out.

Iowa was totally outclassed by Stanford.

Did you even watch Penn State lose 52-49 to USC?

Don't make excuses for teams that lose. The "I was too sad to play" argument is a ***** way to live.
dermdoc
AG
Whatever makes you feel better sip.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Joe Exotic
AG
You're making the same claims for Tom Herman as you did for Charlie Strong.
Muy
AG
OK_Sip said:

Muy said:

We competed for the SEC West in our first year in the SEC and finished #5 in the country. Last year in Jimbo's first season, we finished 2nd in the SEC West and tied for 3rd in the SEC.

That's infinitely better than WINNING the BDF.
DifferenceMaker Ag
Never forget

Nobody is rigging the conference.
Shoefly!
AG
33 said:

Sure=LHN it just didn't work out the way Delost wanted it when the NCAA got involved & TAMU said HELL NO!
aggiehawg
AG
Shoefly! said:

33 said:

Sure=LHN it just didn't work out the way Delost wanted it when the NCAA got involved & TAMU said HELL NO!
And the Big XII said, "Hell no," as well. Since hs sports are under the UIL which is administered by the university President of the sips, using Friday night live coverage of HS games as part of their recruiting process as admitted by none other than Dodds himself was just a blatant attempt to cheat under the NCAA rules.
ABATTBQ87
AG
tu has only won the BDF championship 3 times.
Texan1976
ABATTBQ87 said:

We can't all have the success of A&M winning conference titles.
Flexbone
Texan1976 said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

Look who popped his head in after not daring to show his face after the LSU game he told us for months they'd win after they "destroyed Georgia." Shows up and pulls up a week-old thread.

Texan1976
Flexbone said:

Texan1976 said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

Look who popped his head in after not daring to show his face after the LSU game he told us for months they'd win after they "destroyed Georgia." Shows up and pulls up a week-old thread.

I'm enjoying this season. And how recruiting is going.
Flexbone
Texan1976 said:

Flexbone said:

Texan1976 said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

I'm enjoying this season. And how recruiting is going.

So are we. You seem to be attempting to imply it isn't going well for us. It absolutely is. Our roster is better than yours and will continue to be. How's that horrendously ****ty pass defense?
dermdoc
AG
Cool, so when do y'all play a ranked team again?

You were Texas, we are now.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.