FW Star-Telegram plays BFF for 'jilted' Texas

22,321 Views | 155 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ag In Ok
MROD92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tshirtmoron said:

Maroon Dawn said:

They desperately need a guaranteed sell out every other year

then the aggies must really really need it. Texas fillled a higher proportion of its seats last season.

Drop the tshirt from your handle
Tom Doniphon
Quote:

a higher proportion of its seats

This sounds like some sht that'd be posted on a baylor website... elite fan ratios and such.

You were texas. Now we are.
Old McDonald
MiniShrike said:

Texas A&M's home attendance lead the state in 2018 and attendance for all games was significantly higher than anyone else in Texas.

tamu plays more home games than texas, so the point is moot. 100k vs 98k average attendance. not that impressive when kyle has 3k more seats.
username checks out
Bottlehead90
AG
tshirtmoron said:

MiniShrike said:

Texas A&M's home attendance lead the state in 2018 and attendance for all games was significantly higher than anyone else in Texas.

tamu plays more home games than texas, so the point is moot. 100k vs 98k average attendance. not that impressive when kyle has 3k more seats.

Typical sip. Always moving the goalposts.
We had more attendance. We made more money. Truth.
Velvet Jones
AG
Bottlehead90 said:

tshirtmoron said:

MiniShrike said:

Typical sip. Always moving the goalposts.
We had more attendance. We made more money. Truth.
And we averaged more at home in a metro 1/10 the size and averaged a metric ****-ton more on the road and at neutral site games.

Of course we could always get into television ratings if you'd like.
HeyMoe
AG
You know how you know tu needs this game back?

Articles like this one.

If the SEC thing had blown up in A&M's face, the articles would all be along the lines of '" Well Aggies, you made your bed, now lie in it".

Instead, we get these " why won't the Aggies play Texas again?" articles.

Somebody needs this game back. And it ain't us.
Born Maroon
AG
Born Maroon
AG
Texas huge win vs. K State at Manhattan drew a whopping 49K reported.
Muy
AG
The FWST should be thanking their lucky stars that the Ags left for the premier conference, allowing their little hometown school to upgrade from the other conference they were in prior to the BDF.
West Point Aggie
AG
HeyMoe said:

Articles like this one.

If the SEC thing had blown up in A&M's face, the articles would all be along the lines of '" Well Aggies, you made your bed, now lie in it".

THIS!! Sometimes a simple non wordy post can sum it up so well! None of the sippy media will admit it thought...nor the legion of stupid fans that follow them...but we all know it is THIS!
MyComputerCareer
tshirtmoron said:

Maroon Dawn said:

then the aggies must really really need it. Texas fillled a higher proportion of its seats last season.
love the select analysis of "higher proportion", very typical whorn, but why only focus on 2018? Why not a larger sample for your select analysis? What was happening at DKR in 2016 or 2017?
Aggie87
AG
PJYoung said:

I am convinced more people need to die off before the series can healthily resume.

The attitude towards A&M is too toxic with the current crop.

I'm class of '87, and I hope it never resumes. Ever. Regardless if "healthy" or not.
APHIS AG
HeyMoe said:

Articles like this one.

Correct. If A&M would have struggled like so many sports "journalist" and prognosticators predicted in the SEC and t.u. successful, the Aggie jokes would still be flying.

Instead, these articles started after 2012 and Manziel and have gotten more desperate as we continued to win and our ratings and pocketbooks soared and t.u. floundered.
Science Denier
AG
Quote:

A&M's silent insistence on this issue is that the SEC West is tough enough, and there is no need to schedule a nonconference opponent like Texas.
Huh? I've not seen anyone say anything close to that.

We schedule teams like North Texas and Lamar all the time, who are opponents "like Texas"
Science Denier
AG
Quote:

Currently, the Aggies don't care about that.
Only thing factual about his write up.
Science Denier
AG
Quote:

Ironically, the Aggies daily celebrate their inclusion into the SEC, but fail to acknowledge the invite would never have been extended without UT's previous power plays led by ESPN and former athletic director DeLoss Dodds.
LOL, wut?
Flashdiaz
AG
jblaschke said:

Quote:

A&M's silent insistence on this issue is that the SEC West is tough enough, and there is no need to schedule a nonconference opponent like Texas.
Huh? I've not seen anyone say anything close to that.

We schedule teams like North Texas and Lamar all the time, who are opponents "like Texas"

lol "silent insistence" --- in other words, 'crap I made up'.
Science Denier
AG
Token said:

**** the FW star telegram but I'd rather play Texas home and home instead of Colorado. Colorado will not be a Kyle sellout when it comes to number of fans in attendance since CU doesn't travel well, and Boulder, while a fantastic place to visit, won't attract the road crowd that you think it will since we're used to it. On THAT financial angle, it's much better to play Texas
I'd rather play a 2 game series AT Utah State than play sippy in a regular season match-up, unless it were a 2 game set against sip and BOTH games were at Kyle.

Maybe
sleepybeagle
AG
jblaschke said:

Quote:

Currently, the Aggies don't care about that.
Only thing factual about his write up.

This...
HeyMoe
AG
Quote:

Ironically, the Aggies daily celebrate their inclusion into the SEC, but fail to acknowledge the invite would never have been extended without UT's previous power plays led by ESPN and former athletic director DeLoss Dodds.

In other words, after tu tried to blow up the Big 12, A&M decided they couldn't trust them anymore and bailed to a better conference.

Thanks, DeLoss.
Cactus Jack Spivey
tshirtmoron said:

MiniShrike said:

"tamu plays more home games than texas"

Weird. I thought we left the state.
West Point Aggie
AG
Cactus Jack Spivey said:

tshirtmoron said:

MiniShrike said:

"tamu plays more home games than texas"

Weird. I thought we left the state.

Literally every sip-originated "zinger point" devised against the Aggies in the run up to us leaving that b12 abortion has been proven wrong...poor f***ing tea sips!

**middle finger** image here
GrapevineAg
AG
I got ya...

Potcake
AG
Or

GrapevineAg
AG
That's awesome!
Bonfire1996
AG
tshirtmoron said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Then explain this.....

https://www.groupon.com/deals/fanxchange-texas-longhorns-football-ticke

Groupon!
Post removed:
by user
Tom Doniphon
How f-ing embarrassing... small town HS football has more demand.
Punked Shank
AG
Sucks to suck, dildo losers.

The tshirts on here have to be TA agents or socks. No way these losers are real
West Point Aggie
AG
coastsrs said:

Sucks to suck, dildo losers.

The tshirts on here have to be TA agents or socks. No way these losers are real

These are sips we're talking about
Skull Session
On their financial statements you will see:

Football ticket sales. . $70.00
Advertisement 56.00
Cash in bank. 14.00

Old McDonald
Bonfire1996 said:

tshirtmoron said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Then explain this.....

https://www.groupon.com/deals/fanxchange-texas-longhorns-football-ticke

Groupon!

explain what? you can buy aggie tickets on groupon too, along with pretty much any team
username checks out
MEEN Ag 05
AG
If we were to play them then every other year that game would be on the LHN.

If that thought doesn't make you angry, then better make sure that your ring still fits.....

Just that possibility makes it a hard 'No'
Azeew
I have a first-cousin-in-law who is from a family that's likely the most influential at tu for the last 100 years.

We were playing golf at a family reunion in the wake of Dodds' comment about "we get to choose when we play again".

We were having a conversation about the circumstances and I said that I was sorry that tu and Dodds didn't want to schedule us. But that once everyone got over hurt feelings I was sure we'd resume the series.

His rely was "I don't care if we ever play again".

Funny. I feel the same way.
Bottlehead90
AG
Azeew said:

I have a first-cousin-in-law who is from a family that's likely the most influential at tu for the last 100 years.

We were playing golf at a family reunion in the wake of Dodds' comment about "we get to choose when we play again".

We were having a conversation about the circumstances and I said that I was sorry that tu and Dodds didn't want to schedule us. But that once everyone got over hurt feelings I was sure we'd resume the series.

His rely was "I don't care if we ever play again".

Funny. I feel the same way.

But his comments were when Belmont believed we would struggle without them.
I bet he feels different now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.