FW Star-Telegram plays BFF for 'jilted' Texas

22,264 Views | 155 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ag In Ok
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bottlehead90 said:

Azeew said:

I have a first-cousin-in-law who is from a family that's likely the most influential at tu for the last 100 years.

We were playing golf at a family reunion in the wake of Dodds' comment about "we get to choose when we play again".

We were having a conversation about the circumstances and I said that I was sorry that tu and Dodds didn't want to schedule us. But that once everyone got over hurt feelings I was sure we'd resume the series.

His rely was "I don't care if we ever play again".

Funny. I feel the same way.

But his comments were when Belmont believed we would struggle without them.
I bet he feels different now.
Sure he does. But he will not admit it which makes it even better.

You were Texas, we are now.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Azeew
dermdoc said:

Bottlehead90 said:

Azeew said:

I have a first-cousin-in-law who is from a family that's likely the most influential at tu for the last 100 years.

We were playing golf at a family reunion in the wake of Dodds' comment about "we get to choose when we play again".

We were having a conversation about the circumstances and I said that I was sorry that tu and Dodds didn't want to schedule us. But that once everyone got over hurt feelings I was sure we'd resume the series.

His rely was "I don't care if we ever play again".

Funny. I feel the same way.

But his comments were when Belmont believed we would struggle without them.
I bet he feels different now.
Sure he does. But he will not admit it which makes it even better.

You were Texas, we are now.
Amen
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Your Friend said:

Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

I have plenty of rational tsip friends (who actually graduated from the 40 acres) who fully understand that we aren't gonna ever play them again.

Your Friend is anything but a rational tsip graduate.

Looch and I both agree that the game will be back, it's just a matter of "when".
But will anyone reading this still be alive?

Perhaps our grandchildren will purchase tickets at one of your Randalls $5 promotions.?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional sports advice.
MSU/SECALUM
Who was the Baylor grad that came out with all the fabricated business info during realignment that said the state of Texas was going to lose a gazillion dollars that the sports business miss called out and that idiot Never had the balls to respond?
Scrap Iron Ag
AG
That would be Perryman:

https://texags.com/forums/6/topics/1894226
Scrap Iron Ag
AG
jblaschke said:

Quote:

Ironically, the Aggies daily celebrate their inclusion into the SEC, but fail to acknowledge the invite would never have been extended without UT's previous power plays led by ESPN and former athletic director DeLoss Dodds.
LOL, wut?

LOL wut, indeed. What power plays?

They try to arrange a move for themselves, us, and 4 other to the PAC-10 without divulging details, saying only, "Don't worry, we'll take care of you." A plan that ultimately failed because of longhorn arrogance and greed because they wanted to keep the LHN. And Dr. Loftin said no, we are exploring our own options. Did this cause the SEC to extend their offer?

Then there is the LHN itself, and the plans to show high school games and more than one sip game, outdoing themselves in showing what blatantly bad business partners they are. Another plan that failed, because the league and NCAA said Hell No. But did this cause the SEC offer to be extended? LOL!
Jack Squat 83
AG
goodAg80 said:

Quote:

Quote:

Ironically, the Aggies daily celebrate their inclusion into the SEC, but fail to acknowledge the invite would never have been extended without UT's previous power plays led by ESPN and former athletic director DeLoss Dodds.

Can someone please tell this mouth-breather that many of us would support putting a bronze of that arrogant SOB outside of Kyle- just to show our eternal gratitude???
Mike04Ag
AG
dixichkn said:

If you want an even funnier read from one of the sips' lobotomized little puppets, check this one out

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2019/07/17/texas-am-shouldnt-kid-itself-it-need-texas-far-more-than-texas-needs-it/

Have a medic on standby as you will almost pass out from laughter

This article's writer seems to be suffering from years of dillusion. Yep, sure seems like the sips have it all figured out.
Science Denier
AG
Scrap Iron Ag said:

jblaschke said:

Quote:

LOL, wut?

LOL wut, indeed. What power plays?

They try to arrange a move for themselves, us, and 4 other to the PAC-10 without divulging details, saying only, "Don't worry, we'll take care of you." A plan that ultimately failed because of longhorn arrogance and greed because they wanted to keep the LHN. And Dr. Loftin said no, we are exploring our own options. Did this cause the SEC to extend their offer?

Then there is the LHN itself, and the plans to show high school games and more than one sip game, outdoing themselves in showing what blatantly bad business partners they are. Another plan that failed, because the league and NCAA said Hell No. But did this cause the SEC offer to be extended? LOL!
Is this writer outright saying that because sippy tried to screw us, the SEC asked us if we wanted something better? Sounds like more of a sales pitch from the SEC, which was directly due to sippy's total incompetence. Hell, I'm still not sure what he was thinking when he wrote that.

That has to be the worst written, uh, "idea" I've seen in a long time.
A History Of Violence
AG
Once again, say it with me:

"tu desperately needs this game to happen. A&M does not."
el_guapo
Not sold on how it's economically way better for us. Take into account the intangibles - recruiting and how they need us more than we need them - not a win for us. The media can continue to make up reasons why us playing them is better but they will be continually wrong.

And us leaving for the SEC was "reasonable but emotional..." If it's reasonable then emotional is justified and doesn't matter anyway.
BoozingAg
Want to know what I'm not sold on?

You being an Aggie.

Go play in traffic.
McInnis80
If A&M was stuck in a bad conference with a crummy home schedule, do you think Texas would throw A&M a life line?
goodAg80
AG
McInnis80 said:

If A&M was stuck in a bad conference with a crummy home schedule, do you think Texas would throw A&M a life line?
Yes.

Yes they would.

Agvet12
AG
el_guapo said:

1. Not sold on how it's economically way better for us. 2.Take into account the intangibles - recruiting and how they need us more than we need them - not a win for us. 3.The media can continue to make up reasons why us playing them is better but they will be continually wrong.

And us leaving for the SEC was "reasonable but emotional..." If it's reasonable then emotional is justified and doesn't matter anyway.

1. Money, we make more, have better donations, ticket sales ect

2. They NEED to schedule SEC teams in order to keep up in the recruiting world, its proven by their OOC games for the next decade. The rest of the SEC teams love scheduling them because they want to recruit Texas as well this gives them a 2nd game in the state.

3. You know you just contradicted your first 2 sentences with your 3rd, since 1 & 2 are major talking points by the media?
jrdaustin
AG
Agvet12 said:

el_guapo said:

1. Not sold on how it's economically way better for us. 2.Take into account the intangibles - recruiting and how they need us more than we need them - not a win for us. 3.The media can continue to make up reasons why us playing them is better but they will be continually wrong.

1. Money, we make more, have better donations, ticket sales ect

2. They NEED to schedule SEC teams in order to keep up in the recruiting world, its proven by their OOC games for the next decade. The rest of the SEC teams love scheduling them because they want to recruit Texas as well this gives them a 2nd game in the state.

3. You know you just contradicted your first 2 sentences with your 3rd, since 1 & 2 are major talking points by the media?
I think your notes #1 & #2 were the points the OP was trying to make. You just said it better.
Ag In Ok
AG
Born Maroon said:

Bet most stayed when they pushed the mighty whorn to overtime. Where is the brag stat for that - seats retained when facing literally one of the worst teams in sports? In overtime?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.