ESPN article

7,615 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by screw-tu
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CoachLB said:

I have seen Longhorn players do the thumbs down. No big deal. If your players are going to throw the Horns up every time they score a TD then do not whine when the opponents throw the horns down. Your horns hand sign is no more or no less than any other teams hand sign. It is just a hand sign. Quit acting like it is something sacred. Get over it!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Wabs
AG
maybe they prefer this hand sign? I'd be glad to do this instead if it gets their panties out of a wad.

dixichkn
AG
The league wouldn't have been told to make it a 15 yard unsportsmanlike if it was "no big deal" to you candy asses.......
Jack Cheese
AG
Jack Cheese said:

dermdoc said:

Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

Did you read what Mack said? Or what your qb said? C'mon man, do not be obtuse.

What did Mack and Sam say?
They said that horns down was disrespectful to the players.

And we all know that Tom and Co exhibit the utmost in decorum and respect for both their opponents and the game itself.

EastSideAg2002
Jack Cheese said:

Jack Cheese said:

dermdoc said:

Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

What did Mack and Sam say?
They said that horns down was disrespectful to the players.

And we all know that Tom and Co exhibit the utomost in decorum and respect for both their opponents and the game itself.

It would have been great if the ref would have let Gundy at him, hockey-style.
WC94
AG
I miss ragging on Brecklyn. Has he started his wrastlin career yet?
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Waiting for those tone deaf mofos 33 and Your Friend to comment on this.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

Waiting for those tone deaf mofos 33 and Your Friend to comment on this.

Comment on what?
On this, dumb ass:

And this:

dermdoc
AG
Got to be proud sips
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

On this, dumb ass:

And this:

Why is everything hatred and insults with you?

First one: Coach Herman made a complete ass of himself and embarrassed UT. I saw this game and was embarrassed when it happened.

Second one: I don't know what the context is because I didn't see it; however, it's not a good representation of the university or the team. All coaches can be emotional but need to be under control. I didn't see the game nor do I know what was said.
Jack Cheese
AG
You didn't see Breck Girl dive at the Ok St QB as he knelt out the clock? And Classy Tommy run out on the field (supposedly) trying to get at Gundy?

Sure you didn't, man.
West Point Aggie
AG
33 said:

dermdoc said:

Yes, I read it. Not being obtuse at all.

You totally are...but it's part of the prototypical "I'm better than you bull**** attitude" that permeates you people' fan base...both grad and ahole T-shirt's...there's a reason you are so disliked...but hey continue to be tone deaf!

As a side note:
Not that a thread like this is necessary for Ags everywhere to realize that associating (or rather RE-associating) with your little program is a bad idea...but it sure as **** should help! Poor baylol, and tard are stuck to your nasty side, but hey we got out...hope the leadership is smart enough to never re-engage you again...oh oh, though...Sharp is out there and probably ready to be stupid!
Jock 07
AG
33 said:

Potcake said:

Damn, 33, Germany sure has turned you into a sensitive fella.

I'm not sensitive.

Clearly
West Point Aggie said:

33 said:

dermdoc said:

You totally are...but it's part of the prototypical "I'm better than you bull**** attitude" that permeates you people' fan base...both grad and ahole T-shirt's...there's a reason you are so disliked...but hey continue to be tone deaf!

As a side note:
Not that a thread like this is necessary for Ags everywhere to realize that associating (or rather RE-associating) with your little program is a bad idea...but it sure as **** should help! Poor baylol, and tard are stuck to your nasty side, but hey we got out...hope the leadership is smart enough to never re-engage you again...oh oh, though...Sharp is out there and probably ready to be stupid!

Do you think the Ags are better than the Horns? I think this attitude permeates both fan bases. I also think it's good for college football and is what makes it uniques. The fans are passionate and irrational in their argument of things that can't be proven. This forum often resembles an "arguing artwork" discussion.
Because I've heard "Poor Aggies" for 50+ years. I have no use for you and other Longhorn fans like you. When you sit there and pontificate that you didn't see the Hermensa/Gundy exchange, didn't know the context, you're just a liar. Period. It was national news in the world of college football.

You are an excuse making, whiny, disingenuous bloviator.
Caesar4
AG
33 said:

West Point Aggie said:

33 said:

dermdoc said:

As a side note:

Do you think the Ags are better than the Horns? I think this attitude permeates both fan bases. I also think it's good for college football and is what makes it uniques. The fans are passionate and irrational in their argument of things that can't be proven. This forum often resembles an "arguing artwork" discussion.
Yes, I believe that, generally speaking, Aggies are better behaved than Horns.

To be sure, both fanbases have individuals that can go too far. But, to see examples of how over-the-top rude/crude/inappropriate/arrogant horn fans are, just head on over to cesspool sites like orangebloods or hornfans.
dermdoc
AG
I thank the good Lord everyday for sip arrogance. And Deloss Dodds. I love the SEC.
goodAg80
AG
This is thread reminds me of my kids arguing when they were young. Please continue.
dermdoc
AG
Happy to oblige.

tu is the only school in college football history to run off five schools(Arky, Nebraska, Mizzou, Colorado, and the Ags)with their arrogance based business practices. SEC schools do not rig the playing field so they have an advantage, they earn it on their own. Very refreshing.
Scrap Iron Ag
AG
And then there's Jesse Palmer's forced apology for demonstrating horns down...

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2012/11/22/3680958/jesse-palmer-horns-down
West Point Aggie
AG
33 said:

West Point Aggie said:

33 said:

dermdoc said:

As a side note:

Since we left your little plantation? YES...look at the record...we are better...no one with a brain should care about your record vs us when Eisenhower was president...or the six presidents that followed him. It's like a Yankees fan bragging about the '27 Yankees or DiMaggio (no one cares)

We are also better off being in a different conference. As mentioned above, no program has the distinct honor of driving off 5 programs (because they could leave) and destroying two conferences...from that perspective you are #1...the undisputed champs of misplaced hubris, ill conceived braggadocio, and plain ol assholiness! It is quite the distinction for you people!
LatinAggie1997
AG
It is absolutely amazing that the sips can not see how this all appears. They look like hyper sensitive, over indulged, whiny brats. They are being laughed at across the CFB community yet can't hear it over their own crying.

Pathetic and hilarious.
West Point Aggie
AG
LatinAggie1997 said:

It is absolutely amazing that the sips can not see how this all appears. They look like hyper sensitive, over indulged, whiny brats. They are being laughed at across the CFB community yet can't hear it over their own crying.

Pathetic and hilarious.

They don't LOOK that way...they ARE as you said! /FIFY
A Net Full of Jello
AG
33 said:

Second one: I don't know what the context is because I didn't see it; however, it's not a good representation of the university or the team. All coaches can be emotional but need to be under control. I didn't see the game nor do I know what was said.

That's okay. I saw it. I can tell you what happened. OSU had the game won and rather than try and score again (which they likely could have), they decided to take a knee to run out the clock. Breckyn handled losing less well than most preschoolers and went running full speed at the QB who was in victory formation taking a knee. He made contact with an OSU player first and kept pushing through. He and OSU player started to get into it and other OSU players joined in. Gundy ran out there and told his players to knock that crap off. Then Herman ran out onto the field and started to yell at Gundy because... reasons. It was all a very embarrassing display for anyone in burnt orange.
TexAg1987
Ag9701 said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27160980/the-petty-wonderful-delightfully-weird-rise-horns-down

Quote:

More than 60 years ago, Henry "HK" Pitts showed Harley Clark, Texas' head yell leader, his hand in the shape of a fist, with his index and pinky fingers extended, and said it looked like the horns of Texas' mascot, the longhorn steer.

Caesar4
AG
A Net Full of Jello said:

33 said:

That's okay. I saw it. I can tell you what happened. OSU had the game won and rather than try and score again (which they likely could have), they decided to take a knee to run out the clock. Breckyn handled losing less well than most preschoolers and went running full speed at the QB who was in victory formation taking a knee. He made contact with an OSU player first and kept pushing through. He and OSU player started to get into it and other OSU players joined in. Gundy ran out there and told his players to knock that crap off. Then Herman ran out onto the field and started to yell at Gundy because... reasons. It was all a very embarrassing display for anyone in burnt orange.
I happened to see that end of the game, live, and busted out laughing. To me, it looked like Brecklyn suddenly realized that "now was his chance" (since the play & game was over) to show how he gives a full 60-70% on every play, sometimes.

Funnier still when Gundy tried to control his players, which Herman misunderstood and overreacted to.
sleepybeagle
AG
Quote:

I'm not sensitive.
Said 33 as he posts no less than 10 times on this thread.
screw-tu
Wabs said:

maybe they prefer this hand sign? I'd be glad to do this instead if it gets their panties out of a wad.

EOT
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.