ESPN article

7,544 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by screw-tu
Ag9701
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27160980/the-petty-wonderful-delightfully-weird-rise-horns-down

They don't really take a side. I am surprised they spent time and money on publishing this article. It is not that big of a story.
bedofbrass33
AG
**** the sips
Wabs
AG
"the rise of horns down" is a direct result of the sips being such thin-skinned little *******.
West Point Aggie
AG
It's fun to realize that the nation knows what a bunch of pathetic, thin-skinned, overly sensitive and entitled bleeding cooters those people (generally) are!
DD88
AG
The horns down is just a reaction to the arrogance of the sips.
It's best displayed after stomping their butts along with the "Pooooor t-sips" chant.

If they are going to penalize it, they should penalize the horns up.
Leave it to a bunch of sips to expect special treatment.

...and no Aggie should ever be forced to wear that symbol or that ugly color.
LOYAL AG
AG
It's become the story it is because of how they've responded. I hope it becomes off season fodder for the rest of my life. There's no downside to this staying in the off season news cycle.
"...There's no simpler act of pettiness in college football."
dermdoc
AG
33 said:

And all these years I thought it was "Pooooor Agg y s". Thanks I learned something today.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
LOYAL AG
AG
33 said:

This narrative makes y'all look like children. I FREAKIN' LOVE IT! This looks as bad for Texas as the recurring story line about turning down Nick Saban. Like I said, I hope this stays in the news cycle for the rest of my life. We're all laughing AT you!
dermdoc
AG
And sips, I know you are too arrogant to take anybody's advice(especially an a g g y)but if you ignored the behavior, like we did with Pooor a g g y s, other people do not do it and it fades away.
You were Texas. We are now.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc said:

And sips, I know you are too arrogant to take anybody's advice(especially an a g g y)but if you ignored the behavior, like we did with Pooor a g g y s, other people do not do it and it fades away.
Actually, you guys didn't ignore it. You can't even type it on this site.
LOYAL AG said:

33 said:

This narrative makes y'all look like children. I FREAKIN' LOVE IT! This looks as bad for Texas as the recurring story line about turning down Nick Saban. Like I said, I hope this stays in the news cycle for the rest of my life. We're all laughing AT you!
Isn't it the children that commit the petty acts?
Flexbone
33 said:

It makes you look like the biggest crybabies. How do you not see that? People do it precisely because you cry about it.
dermdoc
AG
33 said:

dermdoc said:

Actually, you guys didn't ignore it. You can't even type it on this site.
Well, we sure did not go and whine about it in the media or to refs. And if all y'all had done was to censor it on your fan websites none of this would have happened. Keep it up?

You were Texas
DD88
AG
Rude hand gestures of the world

Quote:

Corna
Meaning: Your wife is unfaithful
Used in: The Baltics, Brazil, Colombia, Italy, Portugal, Spain

Informing a friend that his wife has been unfaithful is an unhappy and delicate task. Fortunately, in many countries, it is simple to do: one simply gives him the Corna. A very old sign, the Corna dates back at least 2,500 years and represents a bull's horns (bulls were commonly castrated to make them calmer).

It looks like the sips reverse what's in the photo and point the symbol back at themselves.
A symbol for a castrated cow is quite fitting.

Flexbone said:

33 said:

It makes you look like the biggest crybabies. How do you not see that? People do it precisely because you cry about it.

Doc says that Texas should ignore it. In the article, it says that Texas did not comment.

Where, in the article, do you see the crying?
dermdoc
AG
Did you read what Mack said? Or what your qb said? C'mon man, do not be obtuse.
dermdoc said:

Yes, I read it. Not being obtuse at all.
Cynical_Texan
AG
The best part is the sips sensitivity keep it alive and thriving. Thanks 33!
Your Friend
dermdoc said:

What did Mack and Sam say?
dermdoc
AG
Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

They said that horns down was disrespectful to the players. To my knowledge, no other team's coaches or players have said stuff like that. And why did the Big 12 tell Lincoln Riley their players could not do it? To my knowledge, we never told the media it was disrespectful to say Pooor a g g y s. And certainly the Big 12 would not have penalized your players for saying that. And we would not have gone and complained to them.The fascinating thing is the arrogance is so thick y'all can not even see how you are perceived. It is okay to say OU sucks or Poor Aggies as long as it is sips doing it. But horns down is untouchable? You sips are great.

Please keep it up!
Cynical_Texan said:

The best part is the sips sensitivity keep it alive and thriving. Thanks 33!

I'm not sensitive at all about it. I find the narrative on both sides amusing.

Don't you think it's ridiculous that some guy being questioned about the weather does a horns down signal?

WTF is wrong with society when sports rivalries permeate everything?

Cynical_Texan
AG
Not sure which rivalry you mean. The weather guy is clued into the sensitivity. If it wasnt a big deal to sips, he wouldnt do it.
Your Friend
dermdoc said:

Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

They said that horns down was disrespectful to the players. To my knowledge, no other team's coaches or players have said stuff like that. And why did the Big 12 tell Lincoln Riley their players could not do it? To my knowledge, we never told the media it was disrespectful to say Pooor a g g y s. And certainly the Big 12 would not have penalized your players for saying that. And we would not have gone and complained to them.The fascinating thing is the arrogance is so thick y'all can not even see how you are perceived. It is okay to say OU sucks or Poor Aggies as long as it is sips doing it. But horns down is untouchable? You sips are great.

Please keep it up!

The difference is that Horns down is a hand gesture.
dermdoc
AG
Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

Please keep it up!

The difference is that Horns down is a hand gesture.
No. The difference is that it bothers y'all and because you think you are better than everybody else that it can not be done.

I have seen thumbs down from sips and other opposing team players on Kyle Field. There were no flags thrown and no Aggie coaches or players talked about it with the media. Or complained to the officials. Y'all are "special".
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
The funniest part of the article is Ehlinger claiming his memory is still intact:

"I remember every single team/player that disrespects the rich tradition of the University of Texas by putting the Horns down. Do not think it will be forgotten in the future."
Potcake
AG
Damn, 33, Germany sure has turned you into a sensitive fella.
Punked Shank
AG
The gymnasitics these losers do to try to convince themselves the sports world is not laughing at them is great.

Losers.
Potcake said:

Potcake, I'm not sensitive. But, I do take time to understand positions. My best conversations here are actual dialogue where people want to understand and listen to opposite points of view. It is very rewarding to have that human interaction.

I don't have any emotional attachment to this discussion.
dermdoc
AG
33 said:

Potcake said:

Potcake, I'm not sensitive. But, I do take time to understand positions. My best conversations here are actual dialogue where people want to understand and listen to opposite points of view. It is very rewarding to have that human interaction.

I don't have any emotional attachment to this discussion.
Dude, you posted above that Texas did not respond when obviously Mack and Ehlinger did.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
If the sips would quit whining about it, it would just fade away. But they can't quit whining, because it's in their blood. See Tom Hicks, Ehlinger, Mack, et al.

And Mack Brown might just be the biggest poosay in all of college football.
Jack Cheese
AG
dermdoc said:

Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

They said that horns down was disrespectful to the players.

TXAGBQ76
AG
The fact that you had to go whine to the BDF office and ncaa is even more petty
Potcake
AG
Jack Cheese said:

dermdoc said:

Your Friend said:

dermdoc said:

They said that horns down was disrespectful to the players.

And that is a supposed role model and molder of young men. They are so F***ing tone deaf.
CoachLB
I have seen Longhorn players do the thumbs down. No big deal. If your players are going to throw the Horns up every time they score a TD then do not whine when the opponents throw the horns down. Your horns hand sign is no more or no less than any other teams hand sign. It is just a hand sign. Quit acting like it is something sacred. Get over it!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.