Big 12 revenue creeps up to $373.9 million in 2018, still nearly half of SEC's total

11,205 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GrapevineAg
Cynical_Texan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Flexbone said:

Your Friend said:

The first team ranked by the CFP committee?? THE VERY FIRST?!?!

How many times has Texas been ranked in the Top 4 by the CFP committee?
As many times as he attended classes at tu.
BronkNagurski
dixichkn said:

MSU........welcome to the wonderful world of tsip hubris. Where the present means nothing and the only thing that matters is **** that happened during the Nixon administration. Trying to claim that the championship won by Mr "Honor Landry" is still relevant in 2019? Lemme tell you something, dickcheese........I have been a huge Astros fan since childhood and I was over the moon when they won the WS. Know how much that title means a mere 18 months later?

Jack f'ing squat.

There's a reason they start entirely over again the following year, dumbass. What tu did back when Lindsey Lohan still had her fastball means not a damn thing to anybody. But you keep clinging there, buddy. You and every one of your tshirt brethren.

Wanna see some tu history that still remains relevant today?

Didnt know Annie Oakley packed such a big gun. Oh, and 2/10, WNB.
goodAg80
AG
dixichkn said:

MSU........welcome to the wonderful world of tsip hubris. Where the present means nothing and the only thing that matters is **** that happened during the Nixon administration. Trying to claim that the championship won by Mr "Honor Landry" is still relevant in 2019? Lemme tell you something, dickcheese........I have been a huge Astros fan since childhood and I was over the moon when they won the WS. Know how much that title means a mere 18 months later?

Jack f'ing squat.

There's a reason they start entirely over again the following year, dumbass. What tu did back when Lindsey Lohan still had her fastball means not a damn thing to anybody. But you keep clinging there, buddy. You and every one of your tshirt brethren.

Wanna see some tu history that still remains relevant today?

Lohan updated

Velvet Jones
AG
I'd still hit it.

elfurioso92
AG
I guess the real question then is given that sip billionaires are apparently as common as Starbucks and the school has more money than the Vatican why are they stuck in that dumpster fire conference that Oklahoma wins 75% of the time?
MSU/SECALUM
elfurioso92 said:

I guess the real question then is given that sip billionaires are apparently as common as Starbucks and the school has more money than the Vatican why are they stuck in that dumpster fire conference that Oklahoma wins 75% of the time?
Texas will never play in a conference like the SEC they can't risk getting beat up weekly and damage their historical win/loss record that they padded against small in state private schools and they sure as hell would never have the power they do outside a conference that Texas runs the little brother texas schools. You wonder why Arkansas, Nebraska, Colorado, A&M & Missouri left there's your answer all they all left for conferences that have larger footprints and aren't Texas centric like the old SWC & Big 12 are.
redline248
AG
That and everyone hates the sips. The poor b_stards tied up with them have no choice
Conference realignment has likely not been concluded. So, we'll see where this thing ends up.
MSU/SECALUM
Please head west or stay in Texas we sure as hell don't want you drama queens that cry when losing to Kansas or need to have special rules to protect that horns *****
MSU/SECALUM said:

Please head west or stay in Texas...

I have no input as to where Texas ends up.

I think college football is at an inflection period that started 10-ish years ago and will conclude in several years. Money will eventually destroy this thing we love. It's far more about entertainment and egos than it is about colleges and student athletes.

Money might either drive expanding the playoffs beyond four teams (which I oppose) or consolidating to four conferences where the champions play for the title.

GrapevineAg
AG
Oh so now that lots of teams make more $ than the sips, $ is destroying the game!
GrapevineAg said:

Oh so now that lots of teams make more $ than the sips, $ is destroying the game!

I'm not understanding that reaction. I haven't seen where "lots of teams" make more money. Texas is usually in the top handful.

I meant that money is what will be the motivation for change in the conference structure. Or, the NCAA will cave to TV and increase to eight playoff teams.

If you're happy with where this is going, then great - it's not being destroyed in your view. Lighten up.
GrapevineAg
AG
Would you consider 28 26 to be "lots"? 14 teams in the SEC and 14 12 teams in the B1G (excluding MD and RU) are getting higher payouts, and the difference is more than Texas can make up with the LHN.

Even if you don't accept the above, you can only blame sip leadership from ~10 years ago for "destroying the game". They are the ones who started this last round of realignment and went for the $ grab with the LHN. They started the fight, got whipped, and now you're crying about it.

If you can show me your posts from 10 years ago that show you blaming Texas for destroying the game, then I'll take it all back.

Edited for B1G full shares only.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.