William "Rick" Singer lead recruiter for t.u. football

7,550 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cynical_Texan
Muy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rosy Finch Boy said:

monarch said:

I'm betting money the complete story isn't out on this yet so hopefully we aren't involved...
We aren't "hip" or "elite" enough to be involved plus we have things like Blinn Team and myriad other ways for borderline kids to get in. In the end this is just dumb, rich people with dumb, rich kids bribing/cheating their way into "name" schools.

The only reason they got caught is they were not rich enough to donate a building like the really rich ones with dumb kids do.

No reason to knock Blinn Team. Plenty of solid kids who went to tougher high schools get bumped to Blinn Team due to the Top 10% rule.
huisachel
the doj is not saying how many people got in thru devious dishonest methods but take a look at how many underqualified people are getting in because of athletics or get preferential treatment because of skin color.

Years ago I suggested to the Longhorn Foundation that we should switch to Division III and quit giving athletic scholarships entirely. They were not keen on the idea.

It does not seem to have hurt the reputation of Harvard or Yale and they have not given athletic scholarships for decades, if ever.

A&M and UT don't need athletics and it lets in lots of under qualified people who would be better off going to lesser schools.

My whining about affirmative action is not based on any personal grievance. I never got turned down by any school I applied for. Of course, I did not apply to my first choice, Rice, because I aint that smart

LonghornDub
Have y'all seen the marquis at El Arroyo in Austin?
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

Mookie
AG
You mean the one from last week?
McInnis80
So huisachel, the Longhorn Foundation was not in favor of your suggestion that UT become a D3 school?

Call me shocked. Do you think the outstanding debt on facilities might color their response? What's next, asking the NRA to fight to ban guns, or ask the National Cancer Society to the start giving out cigarettes?

Even the Service Academies and Ivy League schools have special admits for sports.
LonghornDub
Mookie said:

It may be. Son just sent it to me the other day. It was about A&M.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

goodAg80
AG
LonghornDub said:

Mookie said:

Your son Moses?
Cynical_Texan
AG
LonghornDub said:

Mookie said:

Of course it was... lodged deep en la cabeza.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.