Got fired from Tech - landed NFL HC gig

5,663 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dixichkn
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Coach Bro is living a charmed life.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001009018/article/cardinals-expected-to-hire-kliff-kingsbury-as-coach
goodAg80
AG
BohunkAg
AG
Cleveland plays Arizona next year. Baker just MIGHT be fired up for that one.
AgResearch
AG
goodAg80 said:

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
vin1041
AG
Good for Kliff!
YellowPot_97
AG
Why would a Pro team hire someone who has only been a college HC once? And at a shtty school like tceh? And failed there?
AgCat93
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

Why would a Pro team hire someone who has only been a college HC once? And at a shtty school like tceh? And failed there?

Flavor of the month?
BANA89
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

Because because USC wanted him and blocked interviews, he's just got to be NFL ready...!
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
Clob94
You've got to be ****ting me....
annie88
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

Someone has good photos of something bad.
David_Puddy
AG
I think everyone is fascinated by Mahomes & believe Kliff is the main reason for him being as good as he is. They're probably hoping he can turn Rosen into him. Only thing I can think of
HeyMoe
AG
He needs to buy Johnny Manziel a new car every Christmas.
David_Puddy
AG
Texas stepping stone Tech
Olsen
AG
Can't believe Kingsbury got an NFL HC position before Sumlin.
Evening Time Joke Man
YellowPot_97 said:

Seriously, I think it's because they think he's going to be the next Bill James of the NFL. All the advanced stats weenies have been begging the NFL to stop running the ball, and start throwing 95% of the plays; i think Kliff will do that. Also, he's gay.
Wisconsin_Ag
This just goes to show how much Mike McCarthy's stock has fallen in the NFL. McCarthy interviewed for the AZ job and expressed that of all the current job openings, the AZ job was at the top of his list. So instead of the AZ front office hiring a Super Bowl winning coach with 13 years of NFL head coaching experience, they hire Kliff Timothy Kingsbury! I just read where Cleveland has turned him down and the Jets who were initially enamored with him are now favoring Adam Gase.
Ed Torian
TBAT fires Leach and Kingsbury, thinking they can do better. Lol.
MooreTrucker
AG
Ed Torian said:

They didn't fire Leach thinking they could do better, they fired Leach for being a jackass. The fact that he actively interviewed for other jobs while employed at Tech didn't help.
Corporal Punishment
AG
Stolen from Premium:
comebackszNino said:

thirty-two said:

Gonna SLAY on ASU fraternity row.
FIFY
ttu_85
David_Puddy said:

To the NFL no less go figure. First Mahomes doing what johnny FF could not and now KK to the NFL despite a losing record at Tech. Pretty crazy stuff. I wish the man success he will have to earn it.
ttu_85
Ed Torian said:

Well the guy could not get a defense. Sounds like Az wants an offensive guru. They will get one. Maybe they think they already have the defense in place.
ttu_85
HeyMoe said:

So what does he owe Mahomes. ?
goodAg80
AG
A box of tortillas and some D-Cell batteries/
Flexbone
From a Cardinals' message board:

Quote:

If we were going to take this swing, I would have gone with the Rams QB Coach Taylor.

college coaches who were very successful in college, but had zero NFL experience and flamed out spectactulary is pretty long.

Again, I wouldn't lean so heavily on the side of this could be a spectacular failure if Kingsbury was a wiz kid who actually succeeded in college, but in a conference where Baylor and even Texas Tech under Mike Leach could rise to prominence at least a couple times, his lack of success there gives me some major hee-bee-jee-bees.

They must not be aware of just how great the Big 12 really is. Strange.
ABATTBQ11
AG
He'd make a good gigolo. Good looking, but even better at selling himself.
Ol Jock 99
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Maybe, but I bet being an NFL head coach pays better.
goodAg80
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

I don't know about gigoloing but this is useful information.
aggiehawg
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Ed Torian said:

They didn't fire Leach thinking they could do better, they fired Leach for being a jackass. The fact that he actively interviewed for other jobs while employed at Tech didn't help.
LOL! The fact that they were able to keep Leach there for so long is the amazing part. Leach is like a sloth. Slow-moving, likes his surroundings and stays there until forced to move.

But he inadvertently got involved in a d*** measuring contest with a d***less Kent Hance. Everything that happened after that was just a monetary move to avoid paying Leach his money according to his contract. Leach doesn't suffer fools gladly and Hance was/is a blowhard fool.

I met Hance a few times when I was in law school. Guy is a supreme a-hole who is quite full of himself, not a drop of even fake humility. Disliked Bill Powers when he was at tu but at least he was diplomatic when screwing people over. He was a kissy guy but Hance was a he-who-must-be-obeyed type.
David_Puddy
AG
ttu_85 said:

David_Puddy said:

To the NFL no less go figure. First Mahomes doing what johnny FF could not and now KK to the NFL despite a losing record at Tech. Pretty crazy stuff. I wish the man success he will have to earn it.

Heisman trophy winner Johnny meant a lot more to Texas A&M than Mahomes ever did to Tech. I bet 99% of NFL fans have no idea he even went to TBAT. I'm sure you're f'ing jacked though as a HUGE lifelong Kansas City fan.
MooreTrucker
AG
aggiehawg said:

MooreTrucker said:

Ed Torian said:

LOL! The fact that they were able to keep Leach there for so long is the amazing part. Leach is like a sloth. Slow-moving, likes his surroundings and stays there until forced to move.

But he inadvertently got involved in a d*** measuring contest with a d***less Kent Hance. Everything that happened after that was just a monetary move to avoid paying Leach his money according to his contract. Leach doesn't suffer fools gladly and Hance was/is a blowhard fool.

I met Hance a few times when I was in law school. Guy is a supreme a-hole who is quite full of himself, not a drop of even fake humility. Disliked Bill Powers when he was at tu but at least he was diplomatic when screwing people over. He was a kissy guy but Hance was a he-who-must-be-obeyed type.
I won't disagree with any of that about Hance, except that he's anything BUT d***less in the regard that he held the purse strings for Leach's job. And you don't tell your boss to GFY and stay employed long.
MooreTrucker
AG
David_Puddy said:

ttu_85 said:

David_Puddy said:

Heisman trophy winner Johnny meant a lot more to Texas A&M than Mahomes ever did to Tech. I bet 99% of NFL fans have no idea he even went to TBAT. I'm sure you're f'ing jacked though as a HUGE lifelong Kansas City fan.
Even fewer NFL fans even know who Johnny is, Heisman or not, except a screw up at Cleveland that is no longer in the NFL. And that Heisman was 6 years ago, and has been overshadowed by Mayfield and Lamar Jackson.
MaterialAg
AG
Looks like like the Pirate and Kliff are finding life's a lot better outside Lubbock, even after they tried to stay.
MooreTrucker
AG
MaterialAg said:

Looks like like the Pirate and Kliff are finding life's a lot better outside Lubbock, even after they tried to stay.
Leach tried everything he could to leave for at least 3 years before he got canned.
HeyMoe
AG
ttu_85 said:

HeyMoe said:

So what does he owe Mahomes. ?
If the rumors are true.....a BJ.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I won't disagree with any of that about Hance, except that he's anything BUT d***less in the regard that he held the purse strings for Leach's job. And you don't tell your boss to GFY and stay employed long.
Hance and AD Myers seized on that fake Adam James story. They also refused to meet with Leach if he brought his lawyer, denying him advice of counsel during a contract issue. When you are denied a meeting over a contract issue because you want to have your counsel present for the negotiations, GFY is justified, IMO.

They wanted to screw Leach over, used Craig James and his snot-nosed kid to start it and then ramrodded Leach out of his job because they didn't like him. He wasn't the appropriate level of ass-kisser they demanded.

Tech was suffered and will continue to suffer as a result, as they should.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.