Got fired from Tech - landed NFL HC gig

5,659 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dixichkn
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He definitely wasn't an ass-kisser or any kind of alumni schmoozer at all.
AGC
AG
aggiehawg said:

MooreTrucker said:

Ed Torian said:

TBAT fires Leach and Kingsbury, thinking they can do better. Lol.
They didn't fire Leach thinking they could do better, they fired Leach for being a jackass. The fact that he actively interviewed for other jobs while employed at Tech didn't help.
LOL! The fact that they were able to keep Leach there for so long is the amazing part. Leach is like a sloth. Slow-moving, likes his surroundings and stays there until forced to move.

But he inadvertently got involved in a d*** measuring contest with a d***less Kent Hance. Everything that happened after that was just a monetary move to avoid paying Leach his money according to his contract. Leach doesn't suffer fools gladly and Hance was/is a blowhard fool.

I met Hance a few times when I was in law school. Guy is a supreme a-hole who is quite full of himself, not a drop of even fake humility. Disliked Bill Powers when he was at tu but at least he was diplomatic when screwing people over. He was a kissy guy but Hance was a he-who-must-be-obeyed type.

My (now) wife and I shared a plane row with him in 2005 on a flight back to Austin from Phoenix (tt had a tourney game there, we were coming back from CA and connected). He was actually quite nice to us and told us to send his assistant a note and he'd send us a wedding gift. He was true to his word. He must be a different guy in the courtroom.
Redstone
AG
Don't know why Kliff is considered a QB-whisperer but can't wait for this to blow up in AZs face

I have always been 100% pro-Pirate except against our alma.

tt has the stench of my mellow-yellows in the loo
MooreTrucker
AG
Redstone said:

Don't know why Kliff is considered a QB-whisperer but can't wait for this to blow up in AZs face

Seriously?

Case Keenum
Johnny Manziel
Davis Webb (drafted by Giants, currently with Jets)
Baker Mayfield
Patrick Mahomes

All recruited and/or coached by KK

Written before Pat Mahomes got to Tech.
Redstone
AG
Ya seriously

How hard is it to recruit talented slingers - in Texas - to a school with low academic standards, hot sloots, and
The Air Raid

It's not hard at all. I could do it and I'm a walkin' talkin' fartbox
David_Puddy
AG
MooreTrucker said:

David_Puddy said:

ttu_85 said:

David_Puddy said:

Texas stepping stone Tech
To the NFL no less go figure. First Mahomes doing what johnny FF could not and now KK to the NFL despite a losing record at Tech. Pretty crazy stuff. I wish the man success he will have to earn it.

Heisman trophy winner Johnny meant a lot more to Texas A&M than Mahomes ever did to Tech. I bet 99% of NFL fans have no idea he even went to TBAT. I'm sure you're f'ing jacked though as a HUGE lifelong Kansas City fan.
Even fewer NFL fans even know who Johnny is, Heisman or not, except a screw up at Cleveland that is no longer in the NFL. And that Heisman was 6 years ago, and has been overshadowed by Mayfield and Lamar Jackson.

Exactly my point which you're failing to grasp. Mahomes is a great NFL QB. He was solid in college but in all honesty should've & could've been a Hesiman winner. I care a lot more about what these guys do in college than the NFL. Either way if it wasn't for Johnny, KK doesn't get a head coaching job to begin with which lead to an NFL job, for God knows what reason.
MooreTrucker
AG
David_Puddy said:

MooreTrucker said:

David_Puddy said:

Heisman trophy winner Johnny meant a lot more to Texas A&M than Mahomes ever did to Tech. I bet 99% of NFL fans have no idea he even went to TBAT. I'm sure you're f'ing jacked though as a HUGE lifelong Kansas City fan.
Even fewer NFL fans even know who Johnny is, Heisman or not, except a screw up at Cleveland that is no longer in the NFL. And that Heisman was 6 years ago, and has been overshadowed by Mayfield and Lamar Jackson.

Exactly my point which you're failing to grasp. Mahomes is a great NFL QB. He was solid in college but in all honesty should've & could've been a Hesiman winner. I care a lot more about what these guys do in college than the NFL. Either way if it wasn't for Johnny, KK doesn't get a head coaching job to begin with which lead to an NFL job, for God knows what reason.
And I'll never argue that point. Johnny made himself, Kliff, and Sumlin a lot of money.
goodAg80
AG
MooreTrucker said:

David_Puddy said:

MooreTrucker said:

David_Puddy said:

And I'll never argue that point. Johnny made himself, Kliff, and Sumlin a lot of money.

Sumlin succeeds on his own.

BQ_90
AG
And the Cleveland Browns have been just let off the hook for being the dumbest NFL franchise.
(removed:110205)
https://www.barstoolsports.com/iowa/kliff-kingsbury-and-holly-sonders-are-confirmed-dating

And he's dating Holly Sonders. Strong week.
Wildmen03
AG
Sid said:

https://www.barstoolsports.com/iowa/kliff-kingsbury-and-holly-sonders-are-confirmed-dating

Beard.
(removed:110205)
Wildmen03 said:

Sid said:

Beard.
That's a hell of a beard (if true).
Andy Farmer
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

I won't disagree with any of that about Hance, except that he's anything BUT d***less in the regard that he held the purse strings for Leach's job. And you don't tell your boss to GFY and stay employed long.
Hance and AD Myers seized on that fake Adam James story. They also refused to meet with Leach if he brought his lawyer, denying him advice of counsel during a contract issue. When you are denied a meeting over a contract issue because you want to have your counsel present for the negotiations, GFY is justified, IMO.

They wanted to screw Leach over, used Craig James and his snot-nosed kid to start it and then ramrodded Leach out of his job because they didn't like him. He wasn't the appropriate level of ass-kisser they demanded.

Tech was suffered and will continue to suffer as a result, as they should.

You assume a lot....as if Leach's departure will plague Tech for an infinite amount of time. I don't have a clue how Wells will do but Tech has found some success since his departure, albeit less frequently.

And while I love me some Leach, the guy can be a *****, just like Hance. Respect goes both ways...
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

I met Hance a few times when I was in law school. Guy is a supreme a-hole who is quite full of himself, not a drop of even fake humility. Disliked Bill Powers when he was at tu but at least he was diplomatic when screwing people over. He was a kissy guy but Hance was a he-who-must-be-obeyed type.
Have you, by chance, met John Sharp?
goodAg80
AG
Sid said:

Quote:

Did people know this was a thing? I didn't know it was and a quick Google search of their names would lead me to believe that nobody else new either. I didn't even know this was potentially a thing. The only people who seemed to know they might be dating were a couple dudes on an Aggies message board which isn't all that surprising. Those guys know everything. Well it's official now. Holly was all over social media yesterday talking about how hot Kliff is and how proud of him she is after he took the Arizona Cardinals HC job.
Ed Torian
Are there motion pictures on the World Wide Web where Miss Sonders's most intimate of crevices is revealed for one's viewing pleasure?
goodAg80
AG
Ed Torian said:

Are there motion pictures on the World Wide Web where Miss Sonders's most intimate of crevices is revealed for one's viewing pleasure?

Satellite of Love
YellowPot_97 said:

Why would a Pro team hire someone who has only been a college HC once? And at a shtty school like tceh? And failed there?
Maybe they are tired of recycling all of the same ****ty NFL coaches that fail at each stop but keep getting HC jobs over and over again.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
David_Puddy
AG
Ed Torian said:

I believe for now you'll just have to settle for pectorals, but once she realizes Kock sucking Kliff is a f-ggot, she's liable to film herself with a straight man as a way of lashing out.
GSPag`
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

I won't disagree with any of that about Hance, except that he's anything BUT d***less in the regard that he held the purse strings for Leach's job. And you don't tell your boss to GFY and stay employed long.
Hance and AD Myers seized on that fake Adam James story. They also refused to meet with Leach if he brought his lawyer, denying him advice of counsel during a contract issue. When you are denied a meeting over a contract issue because you want to have your counsel present for the negotiations, GFY is justified, IMO.

They wanted to screw Leach over, used Craig James and his snot-nosed kid to start it and then ramrodded Leach out of his job because they didn't like him. He wasn't the appropriate level of ass-kisser they demanded.

Grand Ol' Dame,

You are exactly right (as always). Ted Liggett was Leach's attorney. He and I were classmates at law school at tech. He was telling us long before the Adam incident that Hance and Leach were in a major pissing contest and had been for years.

That is why Leach was taking any interview offered and openly saying he would leave.

10 years later, all my tech friends (I grew up 15 miles from Hance's hometown) all detest Hance and love Leach. Kent Hance had quite a career. But he will always be known as the guy who destroyed tech football.

I wish them luck with Wells. Although I hated them growing up and the times I went to Aggie games there, they wished us luck in the SEC and said it was a great move for us. So I have forgiven their game day behavior and now hate LSU more.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

You use your tongue purtier than a $20 hoar.
MooreTrucker
AG
GSPag` said:

10 years later, all my tech friends (I grew up 15 miles from Hance's hometown) all detest Hance and love Leach. Kent Hance had quite a career. But he will always be known as the guy who destroyed tech football.

Rightly or wrongly, this is true.

Truth is, Leach wasn't much better than Sumlin. One REALLY good year that he couldn't finish, but middlin' the rest of the time.

But he was fun and insane and had a cult following to the point that folks were saying they'd rather lose every game 45-42 than win every game 7-3.
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

Although I hated them growing up and the times I went to Aggie games there, they wished us luck in the SEC and said it was a great move for us. So I have forgiven their game day behavior and now hate LSU more.
Not ALL of them, to be damn sure......
However, Kliffy and techtard do get grudging respect from me for being the only one of tu's BDF hoors who told the sips to shove it deep when they tried to force their game onto LHN. So props for that.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.