Texas Tech AD responds to fan tweet about A&M

8,048 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Wildcat
goodAg80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Your Friend said:

The Texas game sucks compared to playing South Carolina, Arkansas, and ole miss?

Pretty astute observation.
45-70Ag
AG
Your Friend said:

The Texas game sucks compared to playing South Carolina, Arkansas, and ole miss?

Yes
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Your Friend said:

Do y'all miss any of the in state rivalry games?

We left for a reason: we never want to play any of you ever again.

hth.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Your Friend said:

Oh absolutely. Without a doubt.
Reno Hightower
Your Friend said:

Why yes! Yes it does!
DatTallArchitect
AG
Your Friend said:

I understand why you don't get the enjoyment out of playing the Razorbacks. How did your last game against Arkansas go? We've been beating them routinely.
turboboost
AG
W said:

A&M is not playing in Lubbock again in our lifetimes
Tortillas and batteries!!! Ummmmm Ummmm Good!
dixichkn
AG
Your Friend said:

Boy you teed that one up, didn't you?
West Point Aggie
AG
dixichkn said:

Your Friend said:

Boy you teed that one up, didn't you?

He/she likes to and does it quite well...
BVAg85
AG
Your Friend said:

You don't see us scheduling BDF teams OOC every year to make our schedule look interesting.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
EMY92 said:

CrazeyAlex said:

I'd only be down for a neutral site game, no way I'd let A&M go to Lubbock if I was Woodward.
We already have one worthless neutral site game, we don't need a second.
When do we get rid of that "neutral" site game?

If the DFW Aggies want a game at Jerryworld that bad, schedule a big one (that does not mean a BDF team) like Alabama and LSU does.

Arky needs to be a home and home.
Mark Fairchild
AG
They were then, they are now, they will always be CLASSLESS CLOWNS!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Mayor West
AG
Paradise Ag said:

Your Friend said:

Not for a moment after the reaction of our old "family" when we joined the SEC (a move every single team in the BDF would make instantly these days if somehow offered).

From the sips arrogantly refusing to keep our Thanksgiving rivalry to Baylor's ridiculous lawsuit and everything in between, we got all the evidence we needed that we were making the right move and should have done so sooner.

So now we play some of the most storied programs of CF history in behemoth stadiums (including ours) filled with raucous crowds who appreciate our commitment and traditions and we sigh and say to each other "it's good to be home".

Not that I'm advocating playing tech, but if I remember right, they were the only program and fan base who understood outer decision and weren't *******s about it during realignment.
BQ_90
AG
Your Friend said:

Why don't you ask your coach who's says they don't play rivalry games at home
Wildcat
AG
I must say that the football (and really all athletics) culture of SEC schools is just exceptional. The tailgates, the facilities, the university communities that live and breath what I will call "college life", the alumni and their fierce loyalty create an environment that is second to none.

I've been at UK for a combined 20 years. And even at a bottom-dwelling football program like UK, game day in Lexington is a big deal. RVs fill the lots around the stadium on Friday afternoon. Smokers are going at dawn. It's an all-day affair. Girls are dolled-up, cause its the south and you don't go to a social engagement like a football tailgate in a damned t-shirt. The bourbon is flowing after lunchtime, cause only rednecks drink before noon (Bloody Mary's are acceptable beverage choices in the am).

It's true, that after Florida hangs half a hundred on our butts in the first half, the crowd tends to migrate back to the tailgate scene, resume the libations, and proceed to discuss the upcoming basketball season. But it's still a party and a damned good time.

I'm sure some Big Nothing Conference apologist will be quick to tell me how awesome it is in Ames Iowa on game day, but it simply does not compare to being at an SEC venue on Saturdays in the fall.

So no, I don't think anyone that has made an SEC road trip misses playing in their former conference.
BohunkAg
AG
I went to Lubbock twice. Just an absolute clown show both times. They finally got liquor stores in town i hear so you don't have to drive 20 minutes to buy booze at least. Still, just a bunch of Dallas kids who couldn't get in anywhere else, mixed in with locals who are fans who live there. Alumni support is sh-t because said Dallas kids leave and never come back.
ABCDE
A hypothetical match between two irrelevant in state programs. Don't think either fan base or general college football fans would be too excited about that.
racerfink
Your Friend said:

The Texas game sucks compared to playing South Carolina, Arkansas, and ole miss.

FIFY
racerfink
It certainly appeared that way when they beat your t-shirt team last year.
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

Not that I'm advocating playing tech, but if I remember right, they were the only program and fan base who understood outer decision and weren't *******s about it during realignment.

True. Absolutely true. And kudos to them for being quasi-grownups about it.

But still.....,batteries and tortillas. And bringing down our strength of schedule. No.
DeepEastTxAg
AG
Your Friend said:

South Carolina: Absolutely fantastic destination.

Arkansas: Allows us to guarantee recruits the ability to play in a large pro stadium every year.

Ole Miss: Some of the best tailgating in the entire country.

Does that answer your question?
SoTxAg
AG
Didnt miss swc when we went b12, and dont miss bdf now.
45-70Ag
AG
ABCDE said:

A hypothetical match between two irrelevant in state programs. Don't think either fan base or general college football fans would be too excited about that.

And what game does Texas have that draws any interest? The red river can't call it shoot out any more because your school is full of pu $$ y hat wearing ***s that gets the coveted 11am time slot is a suck ass game.
West Point Aggie
AG
ABCDE said:

Like Baylor-tu or tech-tu or tcu-tu?
CrottyKid
AG
Tech would be a good warm up game.
getme
Paradise Ag said:

Your Friend said:

Not for a moment after the reaction of our old "family" when we joined the SEC (a move every single team in the BDF would make instantly these days if somehow offered).

From the sips arrogantly refusing to keep our Thanksgiving rivalry to Baylor's ridiculous lawsuit and everything in between, we got all the evidence we needed that we were making the right move and should have done so sooner.

So now we play some of the most storied programs of CF history in behemoth stadiums (including ours) filled with raucous crowds who appreciate our commitment and traditions and we sigh and say to each other "it's good to be home".

Amen.
bdb85
AG
Your Friend said:

Yes
Artimus Gordon
SEC away games are whole different level above what we were used to in the SWC and big 12. I can't believe that we once thought going to Waco/Baylor, Lubbock/tech, Austin/sips, Houston/Rice & UH was big time football. In fact I cringe every time I go by mclane stadium in Waco at the thought of once being on the same level with out of control football program. No thanks I don't miss any of it one damn bit.

Austin can't touch Nashville as an away game, nor can it touch being in New Orleans and Baton Rouge for a weekend of football against LSU. South Carolina is a very good away game too, if you stay in Charleston. And I look forward to making the other SEC venues with jimbo running the show.
nortex97
AG
I think the Ags play more games in Texas this year, yet again, probably more than tards too. Im sure we will also yet again dominate in terms of how many folks watch our games, too, either on tv or live, in Texas.

Likely, more longhorns actually watch our games than sip games (based on Houston TV ratings etc), too. Tech isn't even in the ballpark, nor should they be. I do hope they fire Kliff and the gang soon, so they can maybe stay relevant in the 'Big 12' as far as talent.
ABCDE
8-5 or 7-6 records and winning only half the conference games or less every year screams mediocre and irrelevant and it doesn't matter what logo you have on your helmet. You boys acting like your too good to play anyone is irony at its best.
MyComputerCareer
ABCDE said:

8-5 or 7-6 records and winning only half the conference games or less every year screams mediocre and irrelevant and it doesn't matter what logo you have on your helmet. You boys acting like your too good to play anyone is irony at its best.

The difference is at TAMU those records will get you fired. At whorn and tard 8-5 or 7-6 is a reason for hope. Got it?
BVAg85
AG
ABCDE said:

Irony is a sip telling other people that they're acting too good. Do you have any self-awareness?
Hogtown
ABCDE said:

I am a Gator, so I really don't have a dog in this fight; however, let me be clear, no one, repeat, no one, in the SEC is concerned about playing UTexas in football. No one has been concerned about playing UTexas in my life time and I am 62 years old. UTexas is, and has been, mediocre in every single sport except baseball for a generation or more. Admittedly, UTexas has historically been dang good in baseball, but that is it. TA&MU is now dang good in football. I am not a betting man....seriously, I don't bet on anything....but I would put my 401K down on TA&MU if they played UTexas. Finally, Coach Fisher is going to beat Coach Herman senseless in recruiting...so for the foreseeable future, UTexas will remain an unintimidating opponent.
crazeyalex
Hogtown said:

ABCDE said:

I am a Gator, so I really don't have a dog in this fight; however, let me be clear, no one, repeat, no one, in the SEC is concerned about playing UTexas in football. No one has been concerned about playing UTexas in my life time and I am 62 years old. UTexas is, and has been, mediocre in every single sport except baseball for a generation or more. Admittedly, UTexas has historically been dang good in baseball, but that is it. TA&MU is now dang good in football. I am not a betting man....seriously, I don't bet on anything....but I would put my 401K down on TA&MU if they played UTexas. Finally, Coach Fisher is going to beat Coach Herman senseless in recruiting...so for the foreseeable future, UTexas will remain an unintimidating opponent.

I like you. Go gata
tamc91
AG
Hogtown - I've like your posts so I'll give you some advice about betting against the sips - just make darn sure they don't have any alumni or closet- sweatshirt wearing fans on the referee roster for a game.

A few well-timed sketchy personal fouls or targeting calls can make Vegas bookmakers look like amateurs. And before t-shirt sips come on here talking about Aggies complaining about refs, why do you think the Huskers were so glad to escape the Big12.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.