Texas Tech AD responds to fan tweet about A&M

8,043 Views | 91 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Wildcat
ABCDE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UT won a football natty in 2005 which would certainly be considered this generation, they have been to a final four and three elite 8's since 2003 which would be this generation and they have been to 7 CWS since 03 which would be this generation. That's not mediocre. Won't even dig into other sports but you pretty are showing your ass on your knowledge of UT sports. You guys need to worry about Texas Tech anyway as they have more then held their own againt the gaytors the last few years.

Aandm dang good at football? That's a laugh. There is not a single sport in which Aandm wouldn't trade historical records with UT in an instant. Will aandm get relevant under jumbo that remains to be seen but history says no.
Ronnie Mund
ABCDE said:

UT won a football natty in 2005 which would certainly be considered this generation, they have been to a final four and three elite 8's since 2003 which would be this generation and they have been to 7 CWS since 03 which would be this generation. That's not mediocre. Won't even dig into other sports but you pretty are showing your ass on your knowledge of UT sports. You guys need to worry about Texas Tech anyway as they have more then held their own againt the gaytors the last few years.

Aandm dang good at football? That's a laugh. There is not a single sport in which Aandm wouldn't trade historical records with UT in an instant. Will aandm get relevant under jumbo that remains to be seen but history says no.
Do your family and friends (if you have any) know that you post on an Aggie website and use terms like 'gaytors', 'Aandm', and 'jumbo' (lower-cased, oh sh*t!)?
Your Friend
Hogtown said:

ABCDE said:

8-5 or 7-6 records and winning only half the conference games or less every year screams mediocre and irrelevant and it doesn't matter what logo you have on your helmet. You boys acting like your too good to play anyone is irony at its best.
I am a Gator, so I really don't have a dog in this fight; however, let me be clear, no one, repeat, no one, in the SEC is concerned about playing UTexas in football. No one has been concerned about playing UTexas in my life time and I am 62 years old. UTexas is, and has been, mediocre in every single sport except baseball for a generation or more. Admittedly, UTexas has historically been dang good in baseball, but that is it. TA&MU is now dang good in football. I am not a betting man....seriously, I don't bet on anything....but I would put my 401K down on TA&MU if they played UTexas. Finally, Coach Fisher is going to beat Coach Herman senseless in recruiting...so for the foreseeable future, UTexas will remain an unintimidating opponent.
Flexbone
Your Friend said:

Hogtown said:

ABCDE said:

8-5 or 7-6 records and winning only half the conference games or less every year screams mediocre and irrelevant and it doesn't matter what logo you have on your helmet. You boys acting like your too good to play anyone is irony at its best.
I am a Gator, so I really don't have a dog in this fight; however, let me be clear, no one, repeat, no one, in the SEC is concerned about playing UTexas in football. No one has been concerned about playing UTexas in my life time and I am 62 years old. UTexas is, and has been, mediocre in every single sport except baseball for a generation or more. Admittedly, UTexas has historically been dang good in baseball, but that is it. TA&MU is now dang good in football. I am not a betting man....seriously, I don't bet on anything....but I would put my 401K down on TA&MU if they played UTexas. Finally, Coach Fisher is going to beat Coach Herman senseless in recruiting...so for the foreseeable future, UTexas will remain an unintimidating opponent.

Can't really dispute what he said. A&M is drilling Texas in recruiting, just like anyone with half a brain knew would happen. You have to be a massive idiot to think Jimbo Fisher isn't going to do that to Tom Herman. Herman's mentor doesn't like him, nor do his players. Pretty obvious which way his tenure is headed.
oldcrow91
AG
W said:

A&M is not playing in Lubbock again in our lifetimes

This can't be said enough!
dixichkn
AG
ABCDE said:

There is not a single sport in which Aandm wouldn't trade historical records with UT in an instant. Will aandm get relevant under jumbo that remains to be seen but history says no.
Aaaaaand yet another occasion to drag this old fossil out. Bunch of Uncle Rico's.........never change, sips

Your Friend
Flexbone said:

Your Friend said:

Hogtown said:

ABCDE said:

Can't really dispute what he said. A&M is drilling Texas in recruiting, just like anyone with half a brain knew would happen. You have to be a massive idiot to think Jimbo Fisher isn't going to do that to Tom Herman. Herman's mentor doesn't like him, nor do his players. Pretty obvious which way his tenure is headed.

Texas will sign a top 10 class. And I was mainly laughing at him saying Texas football has been mediocre for 62 years but aTm "is now dang good in football".
45-70Ag
AG
Your Friend said:

Flexbone said:

Your Friend said:

Hogtown said:

ABCDE said:

Texas will sign a top 10 class. And I was mainly laughing at him saying Texas football has been mediocre for 62 years but aTm "is now dang good in football".

Callate Donnie
No. No. No.
David_Puddy
AG
Did Doc get another ban?
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

Will aandm get relevant under jumbo that remains to be seen but history says no.

And is history a good predictor as regards A&M?
Have any of the inputs that effected history changed since then?
Does the SEC brand give A&M an advantage over in-state rivals?

You played a clever word game. Most of the experts expect Jimbo to succeed.
aggiedad55
AG
No to playing TT, baylor, TCU, and H*** no to ever playing the sips again. If we meet in a bowl game BTHO all of them. Get us out of Jerry World and have a home and home each year with the piggies.
Stinky T
AG
If tech had half of a brain, they should have been shuffling their ooc schedules immediately following our decision to go to the SEC and beating our door down to get on our ooc schedule. Instead they were too busy adjusting their knee pads in Dodd's office.
ABCDE
SEC won't allow you to play UT or TT in a bowl game. Like in 2015 when they had LSU play Tech rather them aandm because they thought y'all would get beat and trying protect to SEC brand. Good strategy and can't blame the SEC for doing so but it will be a cold day when aandm play any Texas school in a bowl game due to the dodging strategy they employ.
BVAg85
AG
ABCDE said:

SEC won't allow you to play UT or TT in a bowl game. Like in 2015 when they had LSU play Tech rather them aandm because they thought y'all would get beat and trying protect to SEC brand. Good strategy and can't blame the SEC for doing so but it will be a cold day when aandm play any Texas school in a bowl game due to the dodging strategy they employ.

The SEC tries not to send the same teams to the same bowls every year. They aren't going to send us to the Texas Bowl every just to make the sips happy when they make a bowl game. Sorry to say sip doesn't have any pull with the SEC.
M.D.
David_Puddy said:

Did Doc get another ban?

Hey butty. What'd I miss?
ttu_85
BohunkAg said:

I went to Lubbock twice. Just an absolute clown show both times. They finally got liquor stores in town i hear so you don't have to drive 20 minutes to buy booze at least. Still, just a bunch of Dallas kids who couldn't get in anywhere else, mixed in with locals who are fans who live there. Alumni support is sh-t because said Dallas kids leave and never come back.
You dont know much about Tech. Lots of West Texans go there. Yes there is the Dallas Houston bunch and they are easy to identify. Whole different attitude.
Jock 07
AG
ABCDE said:

if you tards and sips want to play daddy in a bowl game win more games to get to a bowl game on our level. hell, how many years did sips avoid playing A&M in a bowl game by refusing to win at least 6 games?
dixichkn
AG
ABCDE said:

Ready and willing to play Bama, Auburn, LSU, Clemson, Georgia et al, but scared to death to play sip and tard. Yeah.

Maybe your mom should've reconsidered that abortion.
koadie
AG
No, and the tantrum the rest of the big 12 had when we made our move to the SEC validates that.

Eph: 2:8
nu awlins ag
AG
ABCDE said:

Thank goodness the elementary and junior highs start up soon...
ChemEAg08
AG
This thread delivers...
Wildcat
AG
ChemEAg08 said:

This thread delivers...

The season hasn't begun. By the end of September, all the sips will be gone or talking about recruiting rankings.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.