Big 12 before lunch!

5,482 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PJYoung
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

OU/Texas gets the 2:30 ABC/ESPN treatment up against another Big 12 game.
Ag K2'93
AG
Gameday is going to be in Ft.Worth for the TCU Game....and they can only get an 11:00 kick?
Madman
AG
Check that date.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Please let A&M vs Florida be the CBS SEC game of the week
AgDotCom
Wasn't sure it was possible to get three 11am kickoffs. Now I know.
titanmaster_race
ABATTBQ87 said:

Please let A&M vs Florida be the CBS SEC game of the week

Our ratings would take a sizable hit, as all the sips would probably be watching their own team.
goodAg80
AG
Early bird conference.

Breakfast at Cracker Barrel and Dinner at Luby's. That leaves some time to shop at Dollar General.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
AgDotCom said:

Wasn't sure it was possible to get three 11am kickoffs. Now I know.
Sure, one's on The Big XII Channel, another on The Big XII Channel - Alternate, and the third is on The Big XII Channel U.
PJYoung
AG
KSU writer:

Ciboag96
PJYoung said:

KSU writer:

Don't want to miss those Dollar General evening shoppers. Hell, they're all in bed 'til 11 at the earliest. This IS prime time!
aggiedata
AG

feel the excitement!!!
goodAg80
AG
TCU WVU isnt much better.
ABATTBQ87
AG
goodAg80 said:

TCU WVU isnt much better.

Big Xii football is craptastic
aginlakeway
AG
aggiedata said:

feel the excitement!!!

Took me a while to notice the ****ty crowd.
DifferenceMaker Ag
Lunchtime League is a trend setter:

1. Amazing parity. Quality teams from top to bottom.
2. Boutique stadiums that resemble precious little jewelry boxes.
3. Most accommodating attendance in college football.
4. Loudest, most loyal and ravenous fans in the country, bar none. Period!!
5. Lunchtime League games are always clustered around the 11 and 2:30 time slots, because the rest of the nation simply cannot wait all day to watch this level of competition. Prime time games would be considered cruel.

It's just that simple. Got it?!?!?!
goodAg80
AG
aggiedata said:

feel the excitement!!!

I remember some of this on spring break. Kansas girls were very friendly.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Not only are they 11am heroes on Saturday, they also own Thursday night along with Boise State.

BDF blazing new trails.
Your Friend
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/sec-has-lowest-representation-in-ap-poll-in-8-years/ar-AAt5lQP?li=BBgET5V&ocid=spartandhp
HTownAg98
Woe is the SEC. we should invite the sips to help boost that ranking. Oh wait...

But it doesn't matter. "You" will never get an invite.
FtWorthHorns
HTownAg98 said:

Woe is the SEC. we should invite the sips to help boost that ranking. Oh wait...

Phew, thanks. That will save us the time of having to turn down another one like we did 30 years ago when they invited us along with Arkansas.
Joe Exotic
AG
That was us. You were headed to the PAC and us to the SEC with Arky when Richards and Bullock stepped in.
ftworthag02
AG
bump
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Your Friend said:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/sec-has-lowest-representation-in-ap-poll-in-8-years/ar-AAt5lQP?li=BBgET5V&ocid=spartandhp
...and yet the SEC is still more relevant than the BDF.

hth.
David_Puddy
AG
I'll be at the Okie Lite/Baylor game. I'm pissed that I'll miss the Astros
Your Friend
Why would you go to that?
David_Puddy
AG
Your Friend said:

Why would you go to that?

Hang yourself
MetoliusAg
FtWorthHorns said:

HTownAg98 said:

Phew, thanks. That will save us the time of having to turn down another one like we did 30 years ago when they invited us along with Arkansas.
Be honest with yourself, sip. Your school would never join a division like the SEC West or Big1G East. You have never had enough guts to compete in a division like that, and you never will.
85AustinAg
AG
Quote:

Be honest with yourself, sip. Your school would never join a division like the SEC West or Big1G East. You have never had enough guts to compete in a division like that, and you never will.
#truth
Your Friend
Wasn't the Big 12 South considered the toughest division in colllege football for years? And didnt Texas join the big 12 when Nebraska and Colorado were in their heyday?
Aggie Joe 93
AG
FtWorthHorns said:

HTownAg98 said:

I don't believe tu has turned down a conference invitation in its history.
MetoliusAg
Your Friend said:

Wasn't the Big 12 South considered the toughest division in colllege football for years? And didnt Texas join the big 12 when Nebraska and Colorado were in their heyday?
Lol. No, the Big12 South wasn't considered the toughest division in cfb. And CU and NU were in the big12 north division, imbecile.
LOYAL AG
AG
Your Friend said:

So you're celebrating the fact that the SEC isn't head and shoulders above everyone else this year, right? Just checking. Talk about a moral victory.

You know what would be fun? Let's have a Big 12-SEC challenge. We'll have to leave out our bottom two four and I still bet the SEC would go 12-0 10-0. Let's see how this stacks up (I won't use current standings which allows us to put tu against someone weaker than Georgia):

TCU - Bama
OU - Georgia
OSU - Auburn (this is actually an interesting game that would certainly be a fun one)
Texas Tceh - Kentucky
West Virginia - A&M
tu - Florida
KSU - LSU (KSU already lost to Vanderbilt who won't make our side of the challenge so spare me any Troy comments.)
Iowa State - Mississippi State
Kansas - South Carolina
Baylor - Tennessee

We'll exclude Vanderbilt who is 1-0 in real life against the Big 12, Mizzou, Arkansas who is 0-1 in real life against the Big 12 and Ole Miss.

From that list which games would Vegas favor the Big 12 team? Probably OSU and .... well ***** I got nothing. So Vegas would have the SEC going 9-1. Great conference you got there. Enjoy brunch.
Your Friend
I hope you don't gamble
Your Friend
" Let's have a Big 12-SEC challenge. We'll have to leave out our bottom four and I still bet the SEC would go 12-0 10-0."

And how exactly is this fair?
Your Friend
etcetera said:

Your Friend said:

Lol. No, the Big12 South wasn't considered the toughest division in cfb. And CU and NU were in the big12 north division, imbecile.

I didn't say they were in the north. Im simply debunking your 'sip is scared of tough conference' myth.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.