Targeting no call

14,433 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Smithjg
bryanhome
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
They also missed the helmet to helmet on Buechelle on the play where he threw the interception.

The "hit" where Buecelle popped right up and went after the person who made the interception? That didn't even constitute a roughing the passer call. If you are equating that to a hit that now has a player in concussion protocol, you are the king of all sip homers.
Sorry, I didn't know they could only call the penalty when the player gets hurt.
NoneGiven
AG
Clearly there is no rhyme or reason to when they call it, but what you are whining about wasn't targeting and there was a nasty hold that of course went unnoticed. Now run along, troll.
ghollow
AG
Still not sure why this is not a TD? Ball is caught, under control, tucked in, both feet down in the end zone.

What am I missing here?
Humorous Username
AG
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17472736/wide-receiver-torii-hunter-concussion-protocol-notre-dame-fighting-irish-loss-texas-longhorns

According to the article, BDF Replay Officials didn't even review the play.

Disgusting.

quote:
No flags were thrown and no review was held, despite new NCAA rules this season that allow replay officials to retroactively issue targeting penalties.

Notre Dame had a potential game-tying 36-yard field goal blocked on the next play.

"We sent the clip, obviously, to the supervisor of officials with the ACC; we got confirmation back that that would have most likely have been a targeting call," Kelly said Monday during a teleconference. "We just don't understand why that was not reviewed by the Big 12. I guess they're going to be reaching out to them to find out why that wasn't reviewed, but clearly, win or lose, player safety should be at the front of this game, and we don't believe that that was the case in this instance."
APHIS AG
I guess ND got a taste of what we have known for a very long time.
Frankie T
IHOGA that hit bumped tu up another 6 spots in the AP rankings today.
texasamaggies12
AG
quote:
Still not sure why this is not a TD? Ball is caught, under control, tucked in, both feet down in the end zone.

What am I missing here?
When you get targeted and concussed, you're expected to hold on to the ball instead of flailing around, obviously.
titanmaster_race
quote:
I guess ND got a taste of what we have known for a very long time.

True. But also, **** ND. They've been getting those kinds of calls for decades.
Deadwood
AG
quote:
quote:
Pop in a tape of Texas against Okie State last year.

As long as you pop in tapes of:

ISU - 2013
KU - 2004
A&M - 2011
OSU - 2012
A&M - 1963 (Your NC year)

And these are the just the ones I recall. I know that they're a lot more.
Nebraska 2009
StephenvilleAg77
Quite a few sip socks making appearances here today after multi-year absences.

#typicallittlebrother
whatthehey78
AG
Texan'76 (Troll) wrote with regards to questionable officiating:
quote:

I don't think you really want someone to compile the instances where tu's opponents have been screwed over the years by the officials, not to mention tu's influence with the media, conference officials, EsPiN and the NCAA. What you sips haven't recognized is...everyone, everwhere is now aware of it. The BDF is certainly aware.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17472736/wide-receiver-torii-hunter-concussion-protocol-notre-dame-fighting-irish-loss-texas-longhorns

According to the article, BDF Replay Officials didn't even review the play.

Disgusting.

quote:
No flags were thrown and no review was held, despite new NCAA rules this season that allow replay officials to retroactively issue targeting penalties.

Notre Dame had a potential game-tying 36-yard field goal blocked on the next play.

"We sent the clip, obviously, to the supervisor of officials with the ACC; we got confirmation back that that would have most likely have been a targeting call," Kelly said Monday during a teleconference. "We just don't understand why that was not reviewed by the Big 12. I guess they're going to be reaching out to them to find out why that wasn't reviewed, but clearly, win or lose, player safety should be at the front of this game, and we don't believe that that was the case in this instance."

Kirk bohls repotted that it was reviewed. Bohls is also a Homer dip*****
Mathguy64
AG
If those idiots in the booth actually reviewed that and thought that was not targeting they need to never be allowed to work a review booth again. That clip will be a textbook case of what targeting should be looked at and called for from the booth.
Texan1976
quote:
quote:
quote:

ISU - 2013
KU - 2004
A&M - 2011
OSU - 2012

Nebraska 2009
Nebraska 2009 was absolutely the correct call.
StephenvilleAg77
Every day, more sip socks crawl out of their holes.
Smithjg
quote:
quote:
Y'all know they were ACC refs, right?

The booth review officials were from the BDF, so that makes me think the fix was on...
He missed it all together, The booth official picked a hell of a time to have to take a dump!!
AGinHI
AG
quote:
Every day, more sip socks crawl out of their holes.
Rocky Rider
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

ISU - 2013
KU - 2004
A&M - 2011
OSU - 2012

Nebraska 2009
Was this the call when the officials 'determined' when the ball crossed the out of bounds stripe in the air and ruled the clock should have stopped at that moment? I was thinking about that call last weekend and in all of the football I've watched, I've never seen officials do what they did in that game.

My first exposure to the bias was in the 80's when North Texas beat the horns in Austin but the officials took it away from them. From that day forward I started noting the late game calls that either preserved a horn win or positioned them to win.

I have no faith that the NCAA will act with integrity and comment on the bad call Sunday night because the organization is corrupt. I just hope the sport I love can survive the power elite and their influence on the game.
APHIS AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Y'all know they were ACC refs, right?

The booth review officials were from the BDF, so that makes me think the fix was on...
He missed it all together, The booth official picked a hell of a time to have to take a dump!!
The booth official was a t.u. grad and he did take a dump, all over ND.
FNG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

ISU - 2013
KU - 2004
A&M - 2011
OSU - 2012

Nebraska 2009
Was this the call when the officials 'determined' when the ball crossed the out of bounds stripe in the air and ruled the clock should have stopped at that moment? I was thinking about that call last weekend and in all of the football I've watched, I've never seen officials do what they did in that game.

My first exposure to the bias was in the 80's when North Texas beat the horns in Austin but the officials took it away from them. From that day forward I started noting the late game calls that either preserved a horn win or positioned them to win.

I have no faith that the NCAA will act with integrity and comment on the bad call Sunday night because the organization is corrupt. I just hope the sport I love can survive the power elite and their influence on the game.

North Texas got screwed that year. They had a good team that year and their quarterback was fun to watch. I think they beat Rice and Tech that year.
Texan1976
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

ISU - 2013
KU - 2004
A&M - 2011
OSU - 2012

Nebraska 2009

The North Texas call was awful.

The Nebraska call was right. The ball was dead by rule when it hit the railing. It was the right call.

Smithjg
MWas our man JTaylor (second from left, in sip hoodie) manning the Review booth Sat night? It wouldn't surprise me.... The tsips don't even try to hide their cheating anymore, it's almost like they are proud to be able to cheat and get away with it time after time, even going so far as to flaunt it.

From the Game recap 2011....
"Kickoff time: 7:10 PM End of Game: 10:58 PM Total elapsed time: 3:48
Referee: Scott Novak Umpire: Michael Cooper Linesman: Mike Moeller Line judge: Walt Coleman Back judge: Brad Van Vark Field judge: J Taylor Side judge: Freeman Johns Scorer: Tom Reber
Temperature: 61 Wind: East 7 Weather: Clear"

If you remember that a$$ wipe Taylor even posted here for a while, giving Ags a hard time, talking sh[t bragging about the whorns......

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.