Targeting no call

14,377 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Smithjg
NoneGiven
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:

This ****ing moron was confident there was no targeting. Shameful, sips.
Bockaneer
AG
Big xii in the replay booth
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
That's a touchdown anyway

I keep seeing posts claiming it was a TD. That's got to be a joke, right? Are people under the impression that as soon as he gets his feet down in the end zone, the play is over? He still has to complete the catch after the contact.

It was targeting, but it damn sure wasn't a TD.
Cowboy Curtis
AG

Do you remember, that one time, when Trent Hunter got a personal foul for accidenlty running into a Sip receiver and the ref that threw the flag was a Sip homer? That was awesome.

HTownAg98
Home team conference always has the replay booth. In fact, the SEC has three guys in Birmingham reviewing the call along with the replay official in the booth. The booth official makes the final call.
Macarthur
quote:
quote:
That's a touchdown anyway

I keep seeing posts claiming it was a TD. That's got to be a joke, right? Are people under the impression that as soon as he gets his feet down in the end zone, the play is over? He still has to complete the catch after the contact.

It was targeting, but it damn sure wasn't a TD.
He would have completed that catch had his head not been seperated from his body.
WestAustinAg
AG
It's a TD. The NFL ****ed up the definition of a catch by pretending that a catch is a process when it was always just a checklist. Catch the ball and one foot in the endzone. That's it. It was a TD. If you want to remove headhunting/targeting you stop calling it a process that ends after a defender has tried his best to take off the receivers head.
The Original AG 76
AG
I hope that the ( thankfully few) folks around here that actually want to renew a series with those cheating filthy sub moron garbage sips saw this game. Playing those bastar#s always results in plays like this.
Sips cheat PERIOD....Always HAVE.... May they ROT in their bdf **** hole.
TXAGBQ76
AG
You know it was bdf replay officials right?
Mathguy64
AG
In the 2Q Buechele threw a ball to (If I remember) Heard that clearly skipped into his hands. He scooped it and ran a bit. No whistle. No replay. They went up and next play was the TD to Heard. The only people who didn't see the bounce pass were the refs on the field and in the booth. Someone will have to explain how this happens. Not to mention the outright tacking on the OL. It wasn't holding. It was tackling.
Muy
AG
quote:
It's a TD. The NFL ****ed up the definition of a catch by pretending that a catch is a process when it was always just a checklist. Catch the ball and one foot in the endzone. That's it. It was a TD. If you want to remove headhunting/targeting you stop calling it a process that ends after a defender has tried his best to take off the receivers head.

That's what I was confused about. While focused on the targeting, it looked like Hunter had possession for 2 steps, then got knocked out and the ball popped out.
Texas Yarddog
AG
Truly not surprising. But if Brian Kelly doesn't stand up and scream about it, this will continue in the Big12.

Just look how many calls go against the scrubs in the Big12. In the last few years there have been quite a few questionable calls in favor of the flavor of the month at the top of the Big12 by Big12 officials.

I wouldn't schedule a single Big12 team unless there was a neutral officiating and replay crew.

The Big12 just showed their teams that targeting is fine (if you are a top team).
Texan1976
Not all conferences can have above board officiating like the SEC does.
APHIS AG
quote:
We do not for mistakes do occur. However, referring "mistakes" always seem to happen on t.u.'s favor, especially when the game is on the line.

That is one of the reasons why we will never schedule t.u. again.
Texan1976
quote:
quote:
We do not for mistakes do occur. However, referring "mistakes" always seem to happen on t.u.'s favor, especially when the game is on the line.

That is one of the reasons why we will never schedule t.u. again.

Pop in a tape of Texas against Okie State last year.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
I hope that the ( thankfully few) folks around here that actually want to renew a series with those cheating filthy sub moron garbage sips saw this game. Playing those bastar#s always results in plays like this.
Sips cheat PERIOD....Always HAVE.... May they ROT in their bdf **** hole.
gets it. **** those cheating POS sips.
Aggieair
quote:
In the 2Q Buechele threw a ball to (If I remember) Heard that clearly skipped into his hands. He scooped it and ran a bit. No whistle. No replay. They went up and next play was the TD to Heard. The only people who didn't see the bounce pass were the refs on the field and in the booth. Someone will have to explain how this happens. Not to mention the outright tacking on the OL. It wasn't holding. It was tackling.

That was around 3:10 in the 2nd on a 2nd and 7, if we're thinking of the same play.
DGAG92
AG
quote:
Finally, someone else saw this play......the ball clearly skipped off the turf and everyone on the field except the officials and the Big XII booth refs saw it!!
Texan1976
We gave the ACC refs brand new F250s. Sweetened it with the King Ranch package.
APHIS AG
quote:
Pop in a tape of Texas against Okie State last year.

As long as you pop in tapes of:

ISU - 2013
KU - 2004
A&M - 2011
OSU - 2012
A&M - 1963 (Your NC year)

And these are the just the ones I recall. I know that they're a lot more.
PhatMack19
AG
schwack schwack
AG
That's f'd up.

edit: Where'd that go PhatMack?
Cowboy Curtis
AG
The dunce literally just deleted it
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Anybody get a screenshot?
PhatMack19
AG
quote:
Yeah. I'll have to figure out how to post a picture.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
quote:
Yeah. I'll have to figure out how to post a picture.

Awesome. I have a couple of t-shirt fans on my Facebook saying it wasn't targeting.

You have to upload it to imgur.com and copy and paste the image source in between [img] and [/img] in a comment here.

PhatMack19
AG
Loco84
AG
quote:
Big xii in the replay booth
Which sip Big 12 ref was in the replay booth wearing his tu gear and throwing up the hook'em sign? That's what ND gets for scheduling the sips. Can't understand why any major school with other options would ever schedule them. The next call like this that goes against them will be the first and their is no way that's a coincidence.
RGLAG85
AG
quote:
I was assured by a random sip at the bar that it was actually not targeting... bet you guys feel like dumbasses.

Can't believe you guys missed this.....
What were you doing at a gay bar? Not that there's anything wrong with that.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Also, does anybody have a picture of the ref that made that targeting call on us in 2011 in his sip hoodie?
TwoTimeAg
AG
Anyone know the name of the Big XII replay official who was in the booth? He was not listed in the official box score.
bryanhome
They also missed the helmet to helmet on Buechelle on the play where he threw the interception.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
They also missed the helmet to helmet on Buechelle on the play where he threw the interception.
LOL. This?

The one where they also missed a nice holding? And the guy that hit Buechelle did so with his hands?
Texas Yarddog
AG
quote:

The "hit" where Buecelle popped right up and went after the person who made the interception? That didn't even constitute a roughing the passer call. If you are equating that to a hit that now has a player in concussion protocol, you are the king of all sip homers.
Schrute
quote:
quote:
LOL. This?

The one where they also missed a nice holding? And the guy that hit Buechelle did so with his hands?
The ND guy got held worse than Myles Garrett gets held on just about every play...
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.