Horn bmd says Charlie needs 8 wins in 2016

23,233 Views | 196 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by LonghornDub
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Depends on who and when tu hires a new AD.

But, 90-10 Strong is fired before December 1.
I'm with Hawg on this one, without reading past her observation.

However, I stated real early last season, Chollie out by November, so don't take my take, but stevo, rv, hairywhorns, you clowns need to wake up to reality.

It ain't gonna get any better,

33, I'll cut you some slack, won't bunch you in with the others

No way. Chuck will be here in 2017.

Texas turns it around this year.

around to what ?

beating Iowa State ?
As fast as the Baylor situation is unraveling, tu and Iowa State may not be in the same conference in 2017.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
Recruits believe in him

I believe in him.
Offensive coordinators do not believe in him.
StephenvilleAg77
Bohls says sip has the toughest schedule in America.

Here are seven of sip's 2016 opponents and where they ranked last season in the "total yards allowed" defensive rankings out of 128 d1 teams:

#94 utep
#100 okiestate
#106 kstate

#108 iowa state
#109 california

#127 tech
#128 kansas
AgsForTheWin
AG
quote:
My [cough] prediction: 14-0, defeating A&M in the national championship game.
Are you talking about women's swimming and diving again?
petey88
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

However, I stated real early last season, Chollie out by November, so don't take my take, but stevo, rv, hairywhorns, you clowns need to wake up to reality.

around to what ?

beating Iowa State ?
As fast as the Baylor situation is unraveling, tu and Iowa State may not be in the same conference in 2017.
they won't, and ESiPN pulls the plug on stevo's LHN fashion show network real soon,

sips headed to the desert isle, all by themselves. They'll get some ok for dollar contracts, and crow about it.

Face it, they're done.

stevo ? how's missy ?
ABATTBQ87
AG
quote:
Sept. 4: NOTRE DAME - LOSS
Sept. 10: UTEP - WIN
Sept. 17: at California - LOSS
Oct. 1: at Oklahoma State* - LOSS
Oct. 8: vs. Oklahoma* (Dallas) - WIN
Oct. 15: IOWA STATE* - WIN
Oct. 22: at K-State* - LOSS
Oct. 29: BAYLOR* - LOSS
Nov. 5: at Texas Tech* - LOSS
Nov. 12: WEST VIRGINIA* - LOSS
Nov. 19: at Kansas* - WIN
Nov. 24: TCU* - LOSS

4-8

aggiehawg
AG
Petey? Are you hearing some scuttlebutt off the record? Like I am?
petey88
nope

I'm not stupid, this is setting up like the picture it presents
aggiehawg
AG
Got it. Thanks, dear.
petey88

FWIW, I am a long timer, and can see what is going on. We once exchanged barbs about politicking. While not as sharp as when I was young, I still do have a pretty good memory. Back when, I used to joke about having total recall.

Runs in the family

I don't forget where I came from, and I am an Aggie.

ClassOf17
quote:

Didn't they get ****ed over like 30something to 0 last year?

What's worse is if Baylor had a qb they would have been 4-8
GAC06
AG
quote:
quote:
Sept. 4: NOTRE DAME - LOSS
Sept. 10: UTEP - WIN
Sept. 17: at California - LOSS
Oct. 1: at Oklahoma State* - LOSS
Oct. 8: vs. Oklahoma* (Dallas) - WIN
Oct. 15: IOWA STATE* - WIN
Oct. 22: at K-State* - LOSS
Oct. 29: BAYLOR* - LOSS
Nov. 5: at Texas Tech* - LOSS
Nov. 12: WEST VIRGINIA* - LOSS
Nov. 19: at Kansas* - WIN
Nov. 24: TCU* - LOSS

4-8

Who does Cal have to replace Goff? Their defense was atrocious last year.
Mathguy64
AG
They are 1-5 going into the ISU game. If Stoops decides to make up for last year and drop a hammer on them in not sure Chollie gets a chance at redemption against ISU
aggiehawg
AG
quote:

FWIW, I am a long timer, and can see what is going on. We once exchanged barbs about politicking. While not as sharp as when I was young, I still do have a pretty good memory. Back when, I used to joke about having total recall.

Runs in the family, have a cousin sip lawyer,...haven't spoken to him since something like 2001. Also, my heritage goes back to the founding of The Republic Of Texas. Somewhere, a paper signed by President Sam Houston granting my ancestors, one was once one of the largest land holders in the territory of Tejas.

Honored to be your TexAgs acquaintance, darlin' sir. My family doesn't go back that far. Dad's was about 1840 on the arrival in Texas (from Germany and also Alsace-Lorraine date undetermined). Mom's was right after the Civil War. (Alabama, Confederate officer.)
Al Bula
AG
So neither Sumlin or Strong will win 8 games this year. Who is fired first? My bet is Strong.
petey88
quote:
quote:

Runs in the family, have a cousin sip lawyer,

Honored to be your TexAgs acquaintance, darlin' sir. My family doesn't go back that far. Dad's was about 1840 on the arrival in Texas (from Germany and also Alsace-Lorraine date undetermined). Mom's was right after the Civil War. (Alabama, Confederate officer.)
Gosh, we could talk forever. My side came from North Carolina in a covered wagon w/ kids, took eight months to get here.

The other my side came from Georgia, not real knowledgeable about them, except the ancestors are still there.

Both sides came to Tejas, because the yankees took everything they had, including the pigs. Burned out the rest.

Can't say mine go back as far as yours, yet I do know one side's home was built in the 1870's. The city that was built upon it, was a Confederate camp ground. My ancestor founded that city.

The ancestor's home,...I used to spend my summer's there when I was 4-5 years old. There is a manuscript of a diary of that time that exists, fascinating.

Maybe, perhaps, I can share the Arkansas side
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Arkansas? The Hubs might be interested in that. Although, I have to say, he went on an internet discovery tour about his ancestry last summer, and little of what his parents had told him was true. His Arkansas roots only go back to 1950. He also found out he's not of German extraction, but is English...going back to Cromwell's time.

Crazy world, with the internet, ain't it??
StephenvilleAg77
quote:
Who does Cal have to replace Goff? Their defense was atrocious last year.
Cal will have 6'5" Davis Webb, the grad transfer qb from Tech. Webb was a decent qb at times for Kliff, and Webb already knows the Air Raid. However, he was inconsistent and turned the ball over too often at ttech.

The game is at Cal and scheduled to start at 9:30 p.m. CST. Those 2 factors will help Cal some. But nothing else favors Cal in this game, imho.

If Cal had a better supporting cast at wr & rb on offense to help Webb, and a top 50 defense, I think they could win.

However, in addition to losing Goff, Cal lost most of its experience at wr and rb. And Cal will once again have one of the absolute worst defenses in D1.

In other words, I don't think even Charlie can screw this one up.

petey88
quote:
quote:
Arkansas? The Hubs might be interested in that. Although, I have to say, he went on an internet discovery tour about his ancestry last summer, and little of what his parents had told him was true. His Arkansas roots only go back to 1950. He also found out he's not of German extraction, but is English...going back to Cromwell's time.

Crazy world, with the internet, ain't it??
Yes, it is,...

I am sure the Arkansas side would tell a story, ya'll would like it. Let's just say, it runs some what into the history of the our nation.

Real close to the state line,

funny, some research someone did,...supposedly we are from the 800's olde England

must have a chat some day
stick93
AG
quote:
In other words, I don't think even Charlie can screw this one up

Wow. Have you never watched a Charlie Strong led Texas team?
StephenvilleAg77
quote:
quote:
In other words, I don't think even Charlie can screw this one up
Wow. Have you never watched a Charlie Strong led Texas team?
Of course I have. But I've watched Cal play, too. This game is the equivalent of George Costanza vs. Kenny Bania.
DayAg!
S
quote:
The way he's recruiting guarantees he will be back in 2017. It's just a matter of time before Texas is back
Translation from the Bagman : yo, dont worry, I got this.

So answer me this Stevie, where did the tu players get the F-250's from. All of them just showed up with new equipment so they could get to school.
jickyjack1
quote:
quote:
quote:

What do you call turning it around, deep pockets?
Garrelli 5000
AG
quote:
Recruits believe in him

I believe in him.

It's ok. I was a dumbass once too and said Fran would right the ship.
Loverboy
Cal is gonna suck.

They gave up 500+ yards to heard who's not even good enough to get a snap in spring game.

If sips lose that one, they're toast.

Cal sucks.
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Maybe until February of '17th...
Stevetex.
quote:
quote:
The way he's recruiting guarantees he will be back in 2017. It's just a matter of time before Texas is back

So answer me this Stevie, where did the tu players get the F-250's from. All of them just showed up with new equipment so they could get to school.

You shouldn't be so gullible.

Charlie runs a clean program.

He took a big hit cleaning house but recruiting is going well and it will be just a matter of time.
Credible Source
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

He took a big hit cleaning house but recruiting is going well and it will be just a matter of time.

Lmao. So did Mack and Royal. Longhorns are so gay for themselves.
MROD92
quote:
8 wins is a tall order for any coach, even if it is Charlie "by God" Strong. These kids were just weaned a few weeks ago. Come on man.

Tall and Charlie Strong should never be used in the same sentence
GAC06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why does Strong have so much history with proven dirty recruiters? Wouldnt someone who runs a clean program avoid known cheaters? Weird.

Maybe he just doesn't know, like he didn't know who called offensive plays, his starting QB's name, or his zip code.
dreyOO
quote:
So neither Sumlin or Strong will win 8 games this year. Who is fired first? My bet is Strong.

The more games summy wins, the higher probablity Strong is fired. And vice versa.

Hopefully we dont have matching records regardless of schedule strength.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
The more games summy wins, the higher probablity Strong is fired. And vice versa.
Yeah because the SEC West is just like the Big XII.
BQ78
AG
quote:
In other words, I don't think even Charlie can screw this one up.

Got to agree with this, not even mentioning the new OC at Cal who looked like a moron at his last school.
DifferenceMaker Ag
quote:
quote:
Yeah because the SEC West is just like the Big XII.
Shouldn't they call it the Big 9 1/2 now?
dreyOO
Thus my caveat on schedule strength and since many sips are more interested in perception than real challenge/success.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.